Search results

1. Duguana

Wald speakers? Anyone know anything about them?

Love cheap thrills...lol The label says woofer has a cloth surround. That looks like just paper, maybe someone replaced the woofer with something(alnico?) out of a 60's console stereo? If that is the case, and you replaced them with something more original they would prolly sound better...
  2. Duguana

Old University corner enclosure driver ID, please?

Oh, and this is cab outside probably built from the University plans of 1954
  3. Duguana

Yes, I saw post 37 after I posted, must have missed page 2. Thank you for awesome info on caps. I was able to get the crossover out after 15 minutes of trying to get the screw out of the front side which is in a blind location(pic), it's hard to stay on a flat drive screw by feel...lol. I'll...
  4. Duguana

Nice work, love making wood pretty again! Did you have to re-cap that N3? I picked up a University and the tweet is not working. Problem is in the N3, none of the caps read anything on meter. The presence control did nothing, and the Brilliance increased/decreased the mid though. Both controls...
  5. Duguana

Orphan Speakers: Who has them?

I just adopted an orphan University Acoustic Baton for a minimal adoption fee from an estate sale yesterday. It is the oldest speaker I've owned yet, 50's? I am trying to learn i[/IMG]nfo on it. Huge, like 36 h x 48 w x 24 d and 170 lbs. Is this what a previous poster means by desk sized...
  6. Duguana

Pictures of Vintage GM cars!

My 60 LeSabre barely fits in my garage, 2" at back wall and 2" to spare to clear when door comes down. If it were the Electra 225 it wouldn't fit, 225 stands for inches long, the Invicta and LeSabre are 218". The'63 Chevy, thumbs up, when I was 4 my dad bought a 64 Dk blue with white...
  7. Duguana

scott 359 rs am/fm stereo receiver

Hh scott 359rs I just picked up a 359RS at Savers for $3.99. Couldn't test in store, no speakers around, it lit up so took a chance. Volume slider knob was broke from slider shaft. Mini wire ties secured that, then while turning it upside down to reassemble the piece of the slider button fell...
  8. Duguana

Packing/Shipping 101

Yeah, I agree, thought afterward that would've been best. There was plenty of room under the platter area. Fortunately it was a strong arm and not a very heavy weight. The new owner was new to turntables so I taped it in place set at 1.5 grams to get him started. D
  9. Duguana

Packing/Shipping 101

Pics of packing a turntable continued After the last pic it was double boxed, securing flaps with hot glue and tape and all corners taped. Nice and snug like one solid unit and plenty of impact resistance with 1 1/2" foam and nowhere for anything to move.
  10. Duguana

Packing/Shipping 101

Pics of packing turntable continued. If you hot glue foam board together it's best to glue thin cardboard between. Put the glue on cardboard first and let cool for a few seconds or the glue will just melt into the foam, then press in place and hot glue the other side of the cardboard and...
  11. Duguana

Packing/Shipping 101

Pics of packing a turntable. Cartridge removed and encased in small cardboard box and placed under platter(see pic). Tone arm keeper taped. Tone arm weight taped in place. Belt in bubble wrap cocoon in that space. The platter and mat was removed and encased in raised portion with flaps hot glued...
  12. Duguana

Packing/Shipping 101

Here are pics of packing 2 Pioneer CS 33's I sold on feebay that went to Italy. They arrived just as sent. Wrapped units in plastic or small bubble to protect from abrasion with foam board. Precisely cut 1 1/2" styrofoam board pieces to surround and I place either styrofoam or the pink spongee...
  13. Duguana

LOL, I had a chuckle over the vacuum sealed thing too. Even though the speaker is small, and low end is so so, I was suprised at the overall clarity and vocal definition, easy to listen to. I hav'nt opened it to see what the crossover looks like, it's never been opened from what I can tell...
  14. Duguana

I googled Wald and got link to a company KLH in Sun Valley CA. Can't get anyone on the phone there. Here is a pic of my find, but sadly there was only one speaker. What can anyone tell me about it. It's in remarkable condition and has great full range of sound, the highs are nice. Looks like...
  15. Duguana

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Ok marantzaholic, you'll like this, pair of HD 77's in damn fine shape last month at Goodwill for 110.00
  16. Duguana

What are your oldest speakers currently in use or owned by you?

Wharfedale W70E's x6, 1966-69? They sound as good as day 1, I don't know exact date of manufacture. Pic above.
  17. Duguana

$10 or less, best scores only.

My first good find was my Marantz 2252, 8 years ago I was in the 60 Lesabre headed to the Erie Orchards car meet and got slightly lost, came across an easy chair sitting along side the country road with the 2252 sitting in it comfortably, It needed cleaning in and out and works fine still. Many...
  18. Duguana

JBL L96 - crazy lucky score

Hmmm,:thmbsp: you just poopd all over my finding a pair of Marantz HD77's for 110.00 last month at goodwill. :scratch2: Let the adrenaline flow.
  19. Duguana

How do these EPI's look?

Nice, I would go for cabinettes in best condition as possible, these look pretty good, you can always find a pair of woofs with real rubber surounds on ebay or somewhere later. I've never heard of a epi tweeter going bad yet and they don't sound harsh, I have a pair of epi LS70 car speakers from...
  20. Duguana

Advice re torn polypropelene spkr cone

On quick thought, place masking tape(2 layer) on outside to hold both sides of cut together and level, then on inside lay a quick small 3/32 bead of clear hot glue full length of the cut so it touches both sides of cut and while still hot carefully place/press a piece of doubled layered...
  21. Duguana

When a Family Member wrecks your Gear

Sorry but, if you were left to discover it on your own, something is amiss. Whoever did it knows full well they did it and should've come to you with that info with an apollogy and to lessen the shock. On the other hand and not saying the damage was deserved, is the fact that you left it on the...
  22. Duguana

O geez, another newbee

Hi all, very glad to find this forum. I joined a few days ago. I've liked stereo stuff since young. In 77 cut holes in back dash of my first car to install 12" speakers, Yeah that was goofy but hey...I was working in a custom van shop. Always liked listening to music and trying to get my stereo...
  23. Duguana

sx 939 vs sx 1010

I have a SX 939 and it's 75wpc is darned nice, very strong and the nice thing is you can drive 3 pair at same time any combo of A B n C. my QX 949 sounds sweeter due to matrix but only 45wpc. The Marantz 2252 52wpc comes real close to the sx 939 and has base/mid/treble control where the pioneer...
  24. Duguana

Packing/Shipping 101

I recently shipped a Yamaha M-80, 55 lb unit. I custom build box around units. Large cardboard laying flat, 1.5" min. styrofoam on card board and under unit(with holes for feet and 1.5" wider and longer than unit), unit wrapped in thin 1/8" white foam to protect from abrasion then placed on...
  25. Duguana

I love Ebay

On an insurance claim like that, did you get to keep the damaged unit or do you turn it over to fed ex?
Back
Top Bottom