Search results

1. sliver240

Nakamichi Slimline Reference info?????

I still have these, but have had no luck finding drivers. One day I will make baffle inserts and try some full range drivers...
  2. sliver240

Early 50's cabinet ID?? Jensen....

Well I pick it up tonight. $20 cdn auction win was cheap I think.lol Hopefully I'll have time next week to tear into it.
  3. sliver240

Looks kit made to me. I will try stop tomorrow and open the tweeter. The tweeter is supposed to be mounted.
  4. sliver240

Hope this worked. Came across this single. Does it look like anything "Comercially" made? Has a Jensen Type H 15" in it. The top pod has a tweeter I'm assuming. Any info would be much appreciated! Mike
  5. sliver240

Canadian Whisk(e)y

Forty Creek for sure! I think Canadian Gold is pretty much the same in the US of A?
  6. sliver240

NAKAMICHI reference slimline monitors....

I still have the mint cabs and grills, but have had no time to start experimenting. I'd sure like to hear your pair! Enjoy! Mike
  7. sliver240

Camber Surprise!

Those are 8 ohm I believe. Camber woofers are prone to magnets breaking loose and locking up on the VC so check that before you toss them! I've fixed two with that problem.
  8. sliver240

Rare find DIATONE R205

I would like to find suitable replacement drivers for these. I'm loath to butcher the cabs though.
  9. sliver240

Rare find DIATONE R205

I'd love to hear those!! I have the Nakamichi version, but.... Mine came with 1 good tweeter, 1 repairable woofer and 1 damaged tweeter.:tears: I haven't been able to find drivers so I have some excellent cabs sitting empty.
  10. sliver240

Your worst Speaker Catastrophe

My Ex-wife was the biggest speaker catastrophe I've ever encountered! I "had" some EV Interface D in mint shape not to mention a ton of gear that have "gone missing"....:tears:
  11. sliver240

Speaker Surgery Questions - Doctor Please?

Meter the mids after you detach the wires is a good start point. Then if they are good chase the problem back.
  12. sliver240

Another Pioneer sx1980....

Here's a sx1980 about 10 miles from me. No affiliation etc blah blah. http://london.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-electronics-Pioneer-SX-1980-W0QQAdIdZ490065020
  13. sliver240

Hitachi sr-2004 soon!

Nice lookin units guys!! :thmbsp:
  14. sliver240

Hitachi sr-2004 soon!

Got it!!! Came with English and French manuals and an original brochure!:D No time to play with it for a few days but pics to come!!!
  15. sliver240

Hitachi sr-2004 soon!

Oh I can't wait! I've been looking for one of these for a while. A Hitachi sr-903 was my first buy that started me in this crazy hobby! :)
  16. sliver240

Hitachi sr-2004 soon!

Hey guys and gals. I'm going to look at and buy one of these Monsters in the next day or so! Anything to look out for with these? Supposed to be original owner. I AM PUMPED!! To say the least!:D:banana::thmbsp:
  17. sliver240

Do current speakers of a certain price point exceed the performance of past speakers?

The problem with new or modern manufacturing be it speakers or cars is the modern mentality. I work in auto manufacturing and the new buzzwords are "Perceived Quality". Note that is NOT Quality! It's cheaper to build enclosures around small drivers. Most mass produced speakers the enclosures...
  18. sliver240

Hitachi

I have one. That's a good little tuner. Hitachi stuff is "under the radar".
  19. sliver240

British Hi-fi showdown: IMF RSPM Mk IV vs. Kef 107

Well if you need to lighten the load...... Just sayin!
  20. sliver240

British Hi-fi showdown: IMF RSPM Mk IV vs. Kef 107

Loose the Hounds!!!:lurk:
  21. sliver240

Technics SA-5760 TOTL in Louisville

Somebody needs to run and grab this!! To far a run for me or it'd be gone!!http://louisville.craigslist.org/ele/3784971576.html Hope I did the link right. Not mine(wishin it was!)
  22. sliver240

Altec Lansing Model 19

Ya did good kid!!
  23. sliver240

Celestion Ditton 22 and Castle Clyde

Picked up a pair of each yesterday. The Celestions sound great but need refinishing. They will get the "Howards" treatment. The Clydes had a small split in the surround on one woofer that I gooped up for now and a bit of a vibration in the other. These will be put away for a rainy day...
  24. sliver240

NAKAMICHI reference slimline monitors....

Reviving an old thread here. Whatever came of this project?? I'm in the same boat right now and at a loss as to what to do with my Nakamichi's.
  25. sliver240

An interesting Idea

:lurk: I've been wondering the same thing.
Back
Top Bottom