Search results

1. gvalent

I Sold it All !

Putting everything back together after my remodel was completed was a real pain. I thought I had everything organized and it would be easy. I was wrong. Then when I began listening, it just didn’t sound the same......or look the same ! I’ve used non-physical digital media and music servers...
  2. gvalent

I'm done chasing the illusion

Wow, you work fast ! I know that liberating feeling and Its a great feeling! It’s something that many may not understand when it comes to letting go of one’s gear.......but, there comes a time. I got so liberated that after the audio stuff was gone, I liberated myself of much of my Camera...
  3. gvalent

I Sold it All !

Yes, I’m very happy with the KEFs. It was kind of a relief to sell all the other stuff and fun selling it. Everyone was really friendly and knowledgeable. It makes things a lot simpler too. Listening to more music now.
  4. gvalent

I'm done chasing the illusion

Interesting........ I just posted today about a similar experience. It was my first post here in quite awhile. I sold all of my audio gear! Amp, preamp, receivers, turntable, DACs, tape deck, speakers, minidisc, cables, interconnects.....everything I had, earlier this year! I bought a...
  5. gvalent

I Sold it All !

Three years ago I started a major home remodel. The house was in disarray for 5 months. After resetting up the stereo, it didn’t sound as good as it had in past. The house had always had a lot reflective surfaces due the many sliders and large windows, and the remodel added even more glass...
  6. gvalent

24/192 Music Downloads make no sense

Interesting stuff. Post the studies if you've got them. I find it rather interesting that they used musical information for this type of study. A couple questions: Do these studies state an improvement or a degradation in sound quality or just that things can be detected? Are the super...
  7. gvalent

Don't most all DACs today oversample to eleveate this issue?
  8. gvalent

The easiest way to understand all this is to read or reread the link in opening post. It gives an easy to understand explanation of what this is all about.
  9. gvalent

Interesting article, thanks. Total of 19 people responded. Just as interesting was browsing through the 16 pages of comments on this "test". Here's a quote the author of the test: "Of course, these results are anecdotal and not statistically significant, and the entire experiment is not...
  10. gvalent

Here is the proof! Direct from Neil Young and Pono! This is the "Pono's Music Quality Spectrum"! Not only is Hi-Rez better..... It's it gives over 6 times the music quality over CDs!! Simply fantastic!
  11. gvalent

Synergy...or just better than the last combination???

Interesting question Tomlinmgt. I've thought about both "synergy" and the phrase "weakest link" when they show up in threads and think they are tied together. If you change out a preamp and find your rig sounds better because it brings out the high end. Does that mean the new preamp is a better...
  12. gvalent

The worst song ever recorded?

No. Southern Rock could probably be said to go back to Elvis or Buddy Holy along with a host of others. As far guitar oriented "Southern Rock" it was the Allman Brothers that really broke stuff into the mainstream nationwide.
  13. gvalent

Mozart1220 - Nice Breadwinner you got there!
  14. gvalent

Thick as a Brick & A Passion Play. Has anybody actually listened to these more than once? And back to Freebird..... Yeah it was/is overplayed, which is very annoying because I find it just as boring now as the very first time I heard it.
  15. gvalent

I forgot to add "Crazy on You". These were, of course, their first hits and received lots of airplay. The Wilson's are obviously great singers and the band has fine musicians. But, each of these songs were insanely overproduced with the "let's throw every single rock cliche in the book in...
  16. gvalent

IMHO, I always felt "Barracuda" and "Magic Man" fell into the steaming turd category as well.
  17. gvalent

This thread got me interested. So last night went through some of my music to find more worst songs I had forgotten about. I came across an album that is highly regarded and even considered a rock classic by critics. I had listened to it only once previously (years ago) and I hated it. I...
  18. gvalent

OK, I did. I guess my expectations were set way too low. It wasn't THAT bad. I thought the last 45 seconds of the song were the most musical and Yoko really nailed the vocals. :D
  19. gvalent

Feelings
  20. gvalent

Mr. Roboto
  21. gvalent

I hate you, for reminding of that song! Some things should remain unsaid.
  22. gvalent

I forgot about this one. Can't stand it. Other "hits" I can't stand are: Bohemian Rapsody Free Bird Stairway to Heaven I guess I just have better taste than the masses. :D
  23. gvalent

Eye of the Tiger...... a real stink bomb! a really boring stink bomb, a really repetitive boring stink bomb. Speaking of stinkers "We Built This City on Rock and Roll" by one of the Jefferson's. I think we may even get a consensus on this turd.
  24. gvalent

The Final Countdown - Europe
Back
Top Bottom