Search results

1. M

I bought a bomb today!!!

Breaking Bad redux? Your location reminds me the series.
  2. M

Your favorite songs about women.

Nice song! Ripe old age and may she rest in peace!
  3. M

How about some back yard nature pictures?

Sadly, my backyard not worth a picture because it's just sands and weeds.
  4. M

Random Thoughts or Whatever

Now, i don't want to vision the tomato sandwich but I imagine it's no worse than the tacos and burritos around here!
  5. M

No wonder I don't know because I never lodged at the Holiday inn. :rflmao:
  6. M

What's a tomato club sandwich?
  7. M

Would you buy this amplifier after seeing this picture in the listing??!!

Heck, looks like it's going to the trash!
  8. M

Grumpy updates - last 08-19- 23

Best wishes and prayers for you!
  9. M

R.I.P. merlynski

Rest in peace!
  10. M

AK brother ZebraBlvd has passed.

May you rest in peace!
  11. M

What comes first? Chicken or the Egg?
  12. M

Signs I'm getting old

I suppose admiration is one thing but lust and becoming a perv at 50+ is just a sign of brain damage. Just my opinion but majority will find it's not the case.
  13. M

Signs I'm getting old

Pain is the way. Young is a game. Live with the pain and you'll see the truth.
  14. M

Prices.... Going Up!!!

I am in SoCAL and the average electric bill goes up by about $70-$100/month since early this year. I was paying about $130ish before but now it' over $230 even with the usage cut down significantly. The cost increases happening everywhere and what gives? Is there more demand? There is increases...
  15. M

Meta vs Meta

Yep, it's interesting to see how things at play. Sadly, it usually is the power of money / lawyer that counts. Why is FB changed to meta anyway. Does it mean anyone can start making a toilet tissue brand call facebook?
  16. M

Signs I'm getting old

A sign you are definitely getting old is when you lost interest in young bikini girls but enjoying more of your vintage audio gears. lol
  17. M

I want a preamp that sounds like this...

Dynaco PAS3 Series II or the PAS4 is very good sounding tube preamp that is worth checking out and they works well with both SS amp and Tube amps. The older PAS3 / PAS3X may be a bit too system dependent. I have tried both PAS3 Series II and PAS3X in the past so speaking from my own experience.
  18. M

What's your favorite pocket knife?

My favorite pocket knife? The invisible one. :rflmao:
  19. M

Musk bails on Twitter....

As far as I am concerned with this thread, a man should put his money where his mouth belongs. Talk the talk and walk the walk kinda of deal?
  20. M

Help Me Figure out the S in the Mil Equipments?

Anyone knows the meaning of the S letter or designation on the mil style equipment? I found them marked on the tubes, transformers and the chassis of some old mil tube assemble. TIA!
  21. M

Is this original or a fake transistor?

First Pic with TI (made in Britain) is definitely FAKE. Gosh, these guys don't even bother making a nice silk screen to print "Britain". Ft with 0.07MHz replacing for the original one with Ft of 10MHz is really a crazy idea. It will sound definitely different (for better or worse depends whom...
  22. M

Why use Motor Run Caps?

True dat! But it's been a trend using a motor run caps as the first cap in some DIY SET amps. I personally have one that uses a motor run cap as first filter cap but it's about 700VDC so it's well within safety range.
  23. M

Why use Motor Run Caps?

Thanks but that is what troubles me and there seems no Standard way of rating these AC caps to DC rating. The insulation break down and di-electric strength varies in PIO caps. I tried to read a lot of manufacturer specs and it seems DCV are usually left out for a reason. Sometimes, 550V AC...
  24. M

Why use Motor Run Caps?

Other than they are big, plenty available and cheap PIO caps with long life time, is there any specific reasons to use motor run caps? They are usually rated for AC but not DC. I also noticed DC ratings for some of the motor run caps are available or different from one type to another depends...
  25. M

Amp layout?

I don't think the caps needed to be close to the KT88s unless you wanted it that way. Last Filter cap would be nice to get a bypass with very high quality cap like Mundorf 1uF S/G/O or equivalent even if all the filter caps are film caps. That cap can sit really close to the OPT B+ feed.
Back
Top Bottom