Search results

1. pjsjr

More than 1/4 Million Records

Now I don't feel bad so bad about my accumulation of a few thousand. Thanks OP
  2. pjsjr

Third Annual AK Membership Raffle, for 2021 (Free) THIS CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED.

Thanks to all involved, much appreciated.
  3. pjsjr

Sota Sapphire - how do I get to the speed pots?

You might check in this thread...or post your question there as well. HTH http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/the-official-sota-turntable-thread.762110/
  4. pjsjr

AR The Turntable vs Thorens TD 166 Mk II

My thoughts on this...the AR The Turntable is a great looking table! AKer Marc Morin could assist in any upgrades you might want on yours. I have an TD 166 and would trade it in a heart beat for an AR The Turntable just for looks alone. As an aside, I have three AR XAs, one with full upgrades...
  5. pjsjr

Anyone in Denver interested in a meet?

Doing great as I hope you are!
  6. pjsjr

Anyone in Denver interested in a meet?

I might attend, be nice to meet new and reacquaint with folks not seen in a while. I'll keep watch in this thread.
  7. pjsjr

Sota Sapphire w/Sumiko Tonearm

It's been to long for me to remember everything...I followed thedelihaus' instructions and as I said it worked out. The arm is solid and working quite well. My suggestion is to dive in and take pictures with your phone. I didn't have a phone at the time but do now and take pictures of all that...
  8. pjsjr

Is anyone running a DL-103 w/o a SUT & if so, are you happy?

I'll weigh in with my experience. I have a 103 upgraded by Soundsmith and was running it through my Yamaha C-4's MC phono stage and thought it sounded great. That is until I got a SUT with Harmon-Kardon XT-3 transformers. I won't go back to the MC stage. I get more detail, better/fuller bass...
  9. pjsjr

Highest Praise to Marc Morin

I will add to the accolades for Marc. I have had an AR XA since 1971, of the three AR XAs I own, one has all of his upgrades, one is stock and the other, a few of his upgrades. I could not be happier with them or the dealings I've had with Marc. The fully upgraded table is top notch and would...
  10. pjsjr

So, apparently I have to get a tt - any advice?

I have an AR XA that Marc built for me, it's a great table, a giant killer, that will hold its own with much more expensive tables. I'm sure I could get most, if not all, my money back if I sold it...which I have no intention of doing. Preston
  11. pjsjr

Birds - Post 'em up

Not sure if these are Northern or Loggerhead Shrike. The first several are fledgings in the nest. Then, a week or so later out of the nest and being feed by mom...taken through the front window. Preston
  12. pjsjr

Official AR Turntable Owners Thread

You're suppose to leave it on the platter, not eat it.:rflmao::p:rflmao: Preston
  13. pjsjr

If you own a stock AR-XA, AR-XB, etc...

Thanks, you have some nice tables, and that WT arm is a good one. You will be impressed with the AR XA after Marc does his upgrades. Preston
  14. pjsjr

You are on your way, congrats, nothing you've mentioned is serious and can be dealt with for not much time and effort. I suggest a new belt and talc it then get the TT up and running. Listen to it for a few weeks so you get an idea of it's sonic signature and can compare it to your others...
  15. pjsjr

Setting up a TT I've used since childhood

We were all new at one time and there is much to learn... just takes time and effort. Some is just basic, other more advanced. It will help, when you ask, that you ask specific questions. That way you will get answers you need. Compare it to someone asking you how to rebuild an Audi...
  16. pjsjr

Setting up a TT I've used since childhood

Great info from Grenadeslio. I'd alsp suggest you register at vinylengine.com. They have guides and manuals for most turntables and cartridges. Preston
  17. pjsjr

I see you said you have eight TTs, if you're patient I'm sure one will come your way. Did you contact Marc? I would think with him being in your state that would be the best of both worlds. IDK, maybe you, with his help, could piece one together from various sources. Good luck, Preston
  18. pjsjr

Check the thread in Dollars and Sense, here on AK, there's an AR listed in an estate sale. Don't know where you're located at but this one's in New York. Good luck. Preston
  19. pjsjr

Critters

A visitor I had Sunday, had to take the picture through the glass in two doors. It was rather hot and he/she was just trying to cool off. Preston
  20. pjsjr

New or used MC cartridge? Or repair what I have.

I have a Yamaha C-4 and was running a Denon 103 through it. I purchased an after market stepup transformer that was voiced for the 103. It made quite a difference in the sound, better bass, fuller and more detailed sound overall. AT makes so many different cartridges so I would recommend the...
  21. pjsjr

That is a handsome, good looking plinth...and deserves to have the best sound coming from it. Marc will put it right for you, do it. Preston
  22. pjsjr

I've had an AR XA since 1971 and have three. I went the cassette/CD like millions of others. The AR languished for some years,but, I missed it being in my system and in the early 90s put it back in. After joining AK and reading about the damping system being a weak point I tried to remove the...
  23. pjsjr

Official AR Turntable Owners Thread

They are terrific tables, I have owned one since 1971, enjoy! Preston
Back
Top Bottom