Search results

1. N

Preamp/DAC suggestions?

Just bought the NAD M12 and absolutely love it. I've had many vintage and modern day intetegrated amps., but this one is very intuitive and versatile. I liked it especially because I bi-amp; this is one of the few preamps that has a digital crossover built-in. It also uses modules so you can...
  2. N

IRS Gamma Servo Control

Responding to this on my cell phone But there are 2 "bad" noises related to betas 1- due to servo connections / problems 2- due to gain settings Take a look at this thread for problem #2 http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=299425 Didn't read all of the above so if this is...
  3. N

Nikko Owners--Show us your stuff!

The x2 EQ30m is by far the rarest in your collection and one I never owned. Nice!
  4. N

IRS Gamma Servo Control

push test would be with everything on, including your amp and preamp. If it doesn't work, my knowledge beyond that is limited to none. Had the Betas for about 2 years. Prior (and during) I owned QLS-1 for 30 years. Loved those speakers. Bought Rennaissance 90's and Betas later to try...
  5. N

IRS Gamma Servo Control

Mentioned the correct DIN connects a few posts back #9 and #12 That is what was wrong with mine. As for the tap test. I did a "push" test. With the system on, everything, including the amp and preamp. Push very lightly on the woofer with the accelerameter. When doing this it will push...
  6. N

IRS Gamma Servo Control

When you checked you wiring on the servo cables, remember it is a mirror image. ALSO pull the servo connection from the back of the speaker and check that wiring and make sure (visibly) that the pins align with the wires of your jacks...all the way back to the SCU. I had this problem with my...
  7. N

New to me Nikko...

Actually it's not a time delay as described by adda. The Nikko unit is really just an effects time delay to create a hall effect. It is an analog unit that creates a time delay on a second set of speakers that typically are placed behind behind your listening position. This creates a spacious...
  8. N

Nikko CO23 user manual

I don't know how to insert images. I'm pasting the link but it comes up red X. So here is the link to the scan pages relavent to your question. FYI in 3 way you need 2 units (2x CO23), in 3 way it becomes a mono unit not stereo; that may be where your confusion is...
  9. N

Nikko CO23 user manual

10. N

Nikko Owners--Show us your stuff!

Most of my collection Here is a link to photos of my Nikko collection. It all started in 1978 and I just posted my last 4 items today on auction. I loved this stuff; for me it was the most beautiful gear made. But as with many things I accumulated too much and decided to start new; it's been...
  11. N

Nikko CO23 user manual

Actually what is your question about the CO23? It is pretty straight forward. it's an active crossover that can be used for stereo (2) or Mono 3 way (3) thus the part number CO23 (CrossOver for Stero(2) or mono 3 way (3). Just looking at the inputs and outputs on the back panel and the knobs...
  12. N

Nikko CO23 user manual

PM me and I'll try to help.
  13. N

Pics of amps with BIG honkin' VU Meters

Rare Nikko Alpha 650 Took these photos today; so thought I'd post them.
  14. N

C50 and Subwoofer Connection

I'll give that a try, but why would the main outputs work? Wouldn't a ground problem effect all the outputs? C50 outputs are as follows: XLR, Main, 1 and 2 (3 outputs total) Unbalanced Main, 1, and 2 (3 outputs total)
  15. N

C50 and Subwoofer Connection

I'm attempting to connect a (or 2) Paradigm Subwoofer 12's to my C50. I have a pair of M601's connected to the Main XLR outputs which power my main speakers (mag 3.7). When I connect the Sub 12 to the Unbalanced output (1 or 2) I get a constant hum that will progressively get louder when the...
  16. N

MC352 in mono vs MC601

New to the Mc side of this forum. Usually in the Infinity and vintage SS areas. Sold off nearly all my vintage Nikko gear (still working on that) and all my Infinity's. Very recently bought a MC352 and C50 preamp, with the plans of purchasing a fairly efficient speaker. Then at last...
  17. N

Mc500 Mc352 Mc402 What's the difference?

After considering Mc gear for a few years; I just ordered a MC352 and C50. This thread and a few conversations with Mc folks helped me through the decision. I have essentially had Nikko my whole life; so I'm anxious and hopeful to hear the difference. Thanks for all your posts; what a great...
  18. N

Time for the St. Louis WalkInLayDown WILD swap meet/listening session

I've not been able to ever attend this function; so if possible I'll like to try this year. For me it would be likely after 2 or 3 pm. Let me know how these things work; never been to such an event.
  19. N

QLS are still the best...

I wouldn't sell anything until I (you) heard them. 4 hours isn't so bad, put on good music and take a drive. I like the concept of your MMG set up with the subs. I actually purchased the MMG's (while I had the QLS-1's); I really liked the sound, but the lack of bass was unbearable; sent...
  20. N

Don't be discouraged by your room size. I had them in a room smaller than that for some time and was able to enjoy them! The price you state above isn't far off; assuming they are in good condition (my apologies if I'm crossing over the forum rules with that comment). Mine were in excellent...
  21. N

I owned QLS-1's for 32 years and bought Ren 90's. Had them both and did some comparisons. Personally I don't understand all the praise the Ren 90s get. I think they are great in the mids and highs; but they seem very empty on the low end. The QLS-1 would go deep; but my issue with them was...
  22. N

Pics of amps with BIG honkin' VU Meters

Here are a few from my collection No close up shots of the Nikko Alpha VI and 650 (group shot)
  23. N

An Evening with Legacy Focus HD's (warning: long Arkay-like review)

Numbdriver, Well described, we sound a lot alike. Have not heard the Foci so since my last post I contacted Legacy and have scheduled an audition in Mid April. Always had concerns for unobtanium drivers. But in my small room SPL was always about all my ears could handle with a few...
  24. N

An Evening with Legacy Focus HD's (warning: long Arkay-like review)

Just came across this old thread. Just poking around looking for Legacy owner comments. Oddly there were a number of comments about IRS too. I own IRS Beta's but really don't have the room and just want to downsize, but can't come to grips to letting go of such a great speaker. I've only...
  25. N

Bi-Amping QLS-1s

To clarify, the only reason one amp wasn't enough is because it was too small (120 w/ ch), thus when I went to 2 amps I doubled and vertical bi amp I virtually doubled my power and thus an increase of 3 db in sound level. When adding the active crossover and going horizontal bi amp, the sound...
Back
Top Bottom