Search results

1. S

"Custom" subwoofer

Hi all! I have an old Velodyne HGS10 subwoofer. The amp is shot, which seems to be a common problem even after the amp is repaired. I am attempting to make use of it with an external amp and a Minidsp of eq'ing the low end roll off. It has a dual voice coil setup in a push pull configuration...
  2. S

SX1010 Transistor subs on 2 boards

Hi all! I have a SX1010 that I'm in the process of refurbing. I've been using the rebuild list that is available here and it has been an amazing resource. I had one before that I sold foolishly and have missed it ever since. I have a few substitution questions as follows: On the muting...
  3. S

SX-1010 Dimmer circuit

I have a 1010 that I've been bringing back from the dead. All I need now is the STV-3H I ordered from germany. For the meantime, I'm using one I made following others instructions using 3 uf diodes in series. Anyways, The hi/low/-20db, selector, and stereo lights aren't working. The dimmer...
  4. S

SX-1010 and the STV3H for bias compensation

I have a SX-1010 that I bought (actually a 2fer deal) that didn't work. Upon opening it up, some work needed to be done (some to repair work already done). My question is that it has a STV3H horshoe diode attached to the right channel heat sink, and what I believe is a STV4H horshoe diode...
  5. S

Splitting preamp from power amp in powered sub

I have a sub that the amb blew up and took out the driver. It's really not worth fixing, but I thought having the variable frequency preamp portion could come in handy some day. I'm not the best with schematics, so I was hoping someone could take a look at these. I think I just need a 15-0-15...
  6. S

SX-1010 BOM Substitute

I recently picked up 1 working, 1 non-working 1010. I would like to restore them both and I was going to use the most recent BOM I could find which is here http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=514144 When plugging in the parts into mouser, there were a few parts that are no longer...
  7. S

Madison WI gear at pawn shop

I did my usual roundup of the thrifts on the east side. Stopped at Pawn America and what did I see? Kenwood Basic M2A $240 Kenwood Basic C2 $89 Boston Acoustics T830 $120 Boston Acoustics A70 Prices were somewhat high, but you don't see this kind of gear around here often. I grabbed...
  8. S

Onkyo M-504 at 4ohms

I've had one of these for quite some time and love it. I know it's rated at 165 per channel at 8ohms. I've always wondered what it's rated at for 4 ohms because there is no mention of a 4ohm rating in the manual. I've searched the internet and there are a lot of people asking the same...
  9. S

Nikko Alpha 440 repair with schematic

Hi all. I recently picked up an Alpha 440 that doesn't work. It's in excellent shape and would like to get it up and running again. I hope to use it to replace my M504 on Boston Acoustics A400's. I've done some trouble shooting and found that if I remove the 1amp fuse on the...
  10. S

Identifying differential pairs

Hi all I was wondering how to identify the differential pairs in an amplifier. I may be acquiring an amp that stays in protect, and my hunch is because of high DC on the outputs (or shorted outputs). I wont know until I pick it up. I am not real good at reading schematics, but any help...
  11. S

Bang and Olufsen score! Educate me on the CDX please

I recently happened upon an unbelieveable deal on a pair of JBL L100's in original boxes. When I get there, she asks me if I would have any use for for these and shows me a list of B&O stuff and I could have it. What ended up showing up was a Beogram CDX, Beocord 8004, Beolab 2500 powered...
  12. S

L100 New pickup, tweeter/midrange not working

Hi all I just picked up a pair of these with their original boxes, including the box the grills came in. Of course, the grills rotted, so I'll have to replace those. Got an incredible deal at $20, and she wanted to give me $10 back! Anyways, neither the tweeters nor the midranges work...
  13. S

Marantz WC-22 Metal Screen Specs

I recently made another WC-22 replica. On my first, I used a cut up mesh trash can, and while that looked great, I'd like this one to have the same type as the original. Does anyone know or could measure the gauge, hole diameter, and center to center measurements? I would, but I don't...
  14. S

12v DC power supply

A thought just went through my mind. Would it be ok to use a car battery charger as a 12v power supply? I understand they can put out some serious amperage (short term). My question is would this work as opposed to a dedicated 12v power supply (such as can be bought from radioshack)? What...
  15. S

H/K 3490 switched outlets not working

I had my 3490 used as a preamp with a SAE 2300 amp. I plugged the amp into the switched outlets (i know, i know. I was planning on setting up a relay setup, but lost the time). It's been working fine since, but today the switched outlets no longer turn on. I have a service manual, but...
  16. S

Sx1010 Outputs

So I rebuilt the power supply and the driver boards (which fixed the wacky dc offset I was having). As a final step (for the time being), I wanted to re-grease the output transistors. I cleaned off the outputs and the heatsinks of the wonderful glue/grease they used and reinstalled with...
  17. S

SX1010 Transistor orientation

I've got the pinouts for the new transistor replacements as found on a sx1010bom list. The replacement pinout is easy, as the data sheets show a 3-D image of the transistor. Problem is reading the SM for original transistor lead orientation. I can't tell if I'm looking at the bottom/top or...
  18. S

Polk SDA-2B

I just picked up a pair of these and upon getting them home was dismayed to hear one of the mid-bass drivers making a rubbing noise when I depressed the passive radiator. Upon removal and visual inspection, everything seems fine. DCR checks ok at 7.0 ohms (I think). Looking with my eyes, I...
  19. S

SAE 2300 info

Anyone have any info about this? There is lots of info about the 2200 and the 2400, but not so much on the 2300. I've even seen catalogs that completely skip listing the 2300. I'd like to be able to check and adjust both the offset and bias before I put this baby to use. Anyone have the...
  20. S

Help idiot proofing seperates for me

I have recently come into possesion of 2 amps: An Onkyo Integra M504 and an SAE 2300. I would like to use both of these, but the problem is others that use this equipment may not remember preamp on 1st, off last. I've got the turning on part figured out. I'll just plug the amp into a time...
  21. S

Pioneer SX 1010 Dc Offset

I recently got a SX 1010 for relatively cheap. PO said left channel was not working, so I powered it up and verified. I then hit all switches and pots Deoxit and faderlube. Left channel came back along with FM signal meters that were not working before. Measured dc offset and bias and offset...
  22. S

Help interpreting oscilloscope image from NAD 7130

I have a NAD 7130 that I got free from craigslist that has a minor hum that doesn't get louder with the volume control. I also have an oscilloscope that I got free from craigslist (anyone see a trend forming here?) that I'm slowly learning to use. Anyways, I hooked the scope to the speaker...
  23. S

Boston Acoustics A70 Tweeters

I recently aquired a set of A70's. I refoamed them, checked them out and found the tweeter not working. Opened them up again and found the 4uF electrolytic had exploded. Replaced it with a mylar, but still no tweeter. Checked it with a multimeter and it was open. Long story short, I...
  24. S

Boston A400 mystery part

I'm in the process of restoring a set of a400's I picked up with the help of AK member aretent. I decided to go the shim route with refoaming and thus removed the dustcaps. I noticed there is a ring of metal wire glued to the top of the voice coil that I've never seen before on other speakers...
  25. S

Capacitor selection for B.A. A70

I just finished refoaming a pair of A70's. I hooked them up to check my handywork and found 1 tweeter not working. I looked at the crossover and there's a 50v, 1uf capacitor thats split and leaking down the side. Now, I'm looking for a replacement, but don't want to pay $7 bucks shipping...
Back
Top Bottom