Search results

1. frahengeo

Selecting Capacitors

Hi All, I would like to replace all ELNA Duorex II caps in a Sony cassette deck. Some are leaking, some are not. The list of caps is as follows: Eight: 1uF 50V Ten: 22uF 63V Two: 100uF 25V Two: 100uF 16V When looking for these caps, there are many options. There are: - Aluminum, Film...
  2. frahengeo

Removing an AM antenna grommet

Hi Everyone, Can someone guide me in removing, what I would refer to as, an AM antenna grommet? I imagine that it is a two-piece system, but rather than risk damaging it I figured I would ask. Help Please. By the way, this is from a Yamaha receiver. Thanks
  3. frahengeo

The 'Restore your faith in Mankind' thread...

Hi Folks, There are countless scams and warnings threads out there, which is good since we are looking out for one another. I was reading this recent thread http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/have-you-ever-been-scammed.812872/ about getting scammed, and thought: Has anyone ever...
  4. frahengeo

SX-1980 with loose wire

Hi All, I was re-finishing the wood housing on my SX-1980 today, and while I was waiting for the finish to dry, I decided to remove the bottom cover to take a look inside. I noticed that there was a loose orange wire just hanging inside not connected or soldered to anything. Other than the...
  5. frahengeo

Accuphase: Why so unpopular in the US?

Accuphase, for whatever reason, does not seem very popular in the US. I suspect that it has a lot to do with pricing in the US vs other countries around the world, and pricing vs other brands. Not very many units in the secondary market, and seemingly not a lot of reviews ( from both Users...
  6. frahengeo

Accuphase Amplifiers - 'A' vs 'P' Amps

Hello All, I've been in the market for an Accuphase amp for some time now. For 2-channel, they carry their A-XX class A amps, and they also have the P-XXXX line, which I assume are class AB design. Has anyone had a chance to hear both designs? If so, please share your impressions. Thanks Adam
  7. frahengeo

HiFi Museum

Hi, I was searching the web for innards of a particular pre-amp, and came across this website. Their tagline is: 'Hundreds of hifi, audio and video Brands. You pay a lot for quality, or the hi-end it is only marketing?' I didn't see any 'information', but just photos of various brands...
  8. frahengeo

Down Memory Lane

I apologize if this has been posted before: From the Yamaha Audio Website: http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-visual/hifi-components/hifi-history/history/ Some good pictures of internals as well.
  9. frahengeo

Anyone here buy the BA, CA, TU trio?

It was very tempting, but I would've had to offload a bunch of gear to make room. Not a bargain, but nice acquisition!
  10. frahengeo

Forte I

Hi All, Several weeks ago, I had an opportunity to listen to a pair Forte 1s while auditioning an Amp. Seller was interested in selling the Amp, but I became more interested in the Forte. So I now have an opportunity to buy a pair through another listing, and had some questions for you...
  11. frahengeo

Invaluable Site

Hi All, I wanted to express my gratitude to those on the 'Exclusively Sansui' forum for posting such useful information and allowing me to perform work on a recent Sansui acquisition. Prior to this Sansui, I had never done any soldering/desoldering, but the info posted on this site gave me the...
  12. frahengeo

Help with diagnostics...

Hi All, I have two Sony cassette decks. One is a TC-K850ES, and the other an 950ES. Both units have issues recording, and calibrating. During calibration, the unit supposedly sends out a frequency tone (160/210 kHz?), and allows the user to calibrate the bias and rec level to compensate...
  13. frahengeo

SSN on your audio equipment?

I'm posting this here since it may be something that people did during a particular time period... Recently picked up a couple a pieces from the 70's. Didn't notice it at the time of purchase, but while at home cleaning these newly acquired receivers, I noticed a person's SSN was scratched...
  14. frahengeo

Techs in Massachusetts

Hi All, Recently, I got my hands on a Technics SU-8600 amp. The unit has some issues, and needs work (the left channel is both loud and muffled). I am considering sinking some funds into it as it is a real beauty. Anyone from Mass know of a good tech? Thanks Adam
  15. frahengeo

All Together Now - The Beatles Ultimate Collection

Hi All, Recently, I happen to come across a great deal at a Restoration Hardware Outlet store near me, so I thought I'd share some pics with you. For those of that do not know, Restoration Hardware is a somewhat upscale home furnishing chain store. I have the Beatles Mono CD set, but for a...
  16. frahengeo

Expanding Your Horizon

Got a question for you AK Music Lovers (I know. Its redundant). My music buying was at its height in my junior/senior year high school and all throughout college. However, as time went on, I found less and less time to sort of research and find different and/or upcoming music artists. In...
Back
Top Bottom