Search results

1. DannyboyNYC

2 amps, one set of speakers - what do you recommend?

I think I'll go for the fancier switch in @Hoytis's first response as it has the interesting (but-not-sure-what-i'd-use-it-for) option of running different amps on the right and left speaker. Plus, its the same price as the other. Apart from experimenting with a tube amp, another one of my...
  2. DannyboyNYC

2 amps, one set of speakers - what do you recommend?

Just throwing this out there... I would like to run my turntable on a tube amp and my streaming stuff on another amp. Both amps would be connected to the same set of speakers. Any recommendations for gear so I don't have to plug and unplug, or am I smoking too much? Thanks in advance for all...
  3. DannyboyNYC

What was the the last audio-related item you purchased?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Ed.
  4. DannyboyNYC

Oops forgot. Leaving for holiday early tomorrow w/o internet access until I get back on Jan 01...

Oops forgot. Leaving for holiday early tomorrow w/o internet access until I get back on Jan 01. If you get back to me today I'll PayPal (ff) this evening. Here's my office address: Barclays Daniel Deverell 745 7th Avenue 18th floor NY NY 10019 917 865 5517
  5. DannyboyNYC

Interested in the speaker selector. $45?

Interested in the speaker selector. $45?
  6. DannyboyNYC

Hi there. Saw on the boards that you might do vintage amp repair. I have a Yamaha 1020 and a...

Hi there. Saw on the boards that you might do vintage amp repair. I have a Yamaha 1020 and a Luxman L450 in need. Both are mostly/semi functional at the moment but need a tech to go over them and smooth out the wrinkles. Here's my contact in case you are interested - daniel.deverell@gmail.com...
  7. DannyboyNYC

My Lumiod adventure

No response. Looks like they're not interested. I'll pick this up if they ever get back to me!
  8. DannyboyNYC

My Lumiod adventure

Can't say for sure. I'll ask them once they respond to my last email.
  9. DannyboyNYC

My Lumiod adventure

Received a response as follows: "Thank you for your order. Due to the high value of items in your order, a deposit of $1,500 is required before shipping your box. This deposit is a hold on your credit card and is completely refunded upon completion of your rental." I knew this was too simple...
  10. DannyboyNYC

My Lumiod adventure

I've been considering getting a new pair of mid/hi end headphones and happened across a service that will let you rent 3 headphones for two weeks to try out. This sounds like an easy and cheap way to sample some pretty expensive headphones at home, with your own equipment, and at your leisure...
  11. DannyboyNYC

New 100 lb turntable with cast iron plinth

That's exactly what they told us when the new rusty stadium opened down the block from me. (Cost a lot more that $6k though.)
  12. DannyboyNYC

Yup, Coney Island but not Nathan's. One of the shops nearby.
  13. DannyboyNYC

If we only knew then what we know now! The "one off" nature of these things make them expensive but that's why they are attractive. Just about anyone can own a Thorens, but not too many have the cash and (I daresay) taste to buy something like this. My gentrified neighborhood in Brooklyn is...
  14. DannyboyNYC

I'm sure a machine shop would have other ideas but thought the casting was an nice aesthetic touch.
  15. DannyboyNYC

Can't say I've ever seen anything quite like this before. I like the execution and basically agree with the designer - "So much of the current audio aesthetic is very shiny and plastic, often monochromatic black—it frankly leaves us very cold." Looks like they nail the industrial chic with...
  16. DannyboyNYC

Anyone know who this DIY speaker maker is???

I suspect they have a big bottom end which is compromised by a slightly salty hi ending. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  17. DannyboyNYC

Black Marantz 500 on CL

Any idea where the seller sourced those knobs from? Wouldn't mind trying a pair on.
  18. DannyboyNYC

New Tube Table Radios

There seems to be a lot more additional styles available here from the same designer - http://www.audio01.com/eng/product.htm including consoles. Don't know how many are tube powered though.
  19. DannyboyNYC

WTB Luxman Equalizer G120a

On it. Thanks!
  20. DannyboyNYC

Luxman L-450 Question (and SM request)

Hi there. I am in the process of rejuvenating/troubleshooting a new-to-me Luxman 450 amp with an intermittent scratchy left channel (only when a signal is present, on all inputs and all speaker outs). I suspect a faulty transistor or bad solder joint. Does anybody know if I can connect to...
  21. DannyboyNYC

What amp drives your Infinities?

My Kappa 8.1's are driven by my trusty Pioneer 1250sx. So far so good.
  22. DannyboyNYC

Opinions on Infinity kappa 7.1

I can't really speak for the 7.1's but my 8.1''s have very deep bass. They are too large for my space though so I've tried replacing them with KEF Ref 1's and Monitor Audio mini towers. So far nothing has managed to out perform them and so they abide in their places.
  23. DannyboyNYC

WTB Luxman Equalizer G120a

Looking for a G120a equalizer with wood case to complete my stack (450/T115). Must have wood case. Any leads appreciated. PM me.
  24. DannyboyNYC

Hi there. I see you are in Bay Ridge and repair vintage solid state. I live nearby and collect...

Hi there. I see you are in Bay Ridge and repair vintage solid state. I live nearby and collect it. I sent a friend request just in case I ever need your services. Best, Daniel
  25. DannyboyNYC

Impressions Of My New Infinity Kappa's!

I picked up a pair of Kappa 8's on CL the other day just for a lark. Turns out moving them wasn't such a lark but they do sound very nice paired with my SX1250 through a Schiit DAC. Happy listening!
Back
Top Bottom