Search results

1. The G.O.A.T.

Anyone got schematics for a sima pw-3000?

I just picked this up and I'm trying to figure out how to get the hissing to go away. It is a constant hiss that is not dependant on volume. any ideas?
  2. The G.O.A.T.

4400 in the house :)

I picked up my first Marantz ever on monday! The goal is to use it in the bedroom setup with a pair of tannoys/kef's. I am completely unfamiliar with Marantz from this era and my only exposure to them was when I worked at A&B Sound (Canadian retailer, now defunkd) in the late 90's/early 2000's...
  3. The G.O.A.T.

J.A.Michell Eng. Ltd. Reference Electronic Transcription

Just wondering what one of these in good shape would be worth? This one has a SME 3009 II 20170501_122911 by The G.O.A.T. posted May 8, 2017 at 7:55 PM20170501_122858_HDR by The G.O.A.T. posted May 8, 2017 at 7:55 PM20170501_122858 by The G.O.A.T. posted May 8, 2017 at 7:55 PM
  4. The G.O.A.T.

First memory with McIntosh

When was your first experience with McIntosh? My story starts out when I was 24. I had been in to audio for a few years but had never heard of McIntosh, even though one of my favorite things to do was to pop into a high end stores in Calgary and see what was new. I had owned some vintage Sansui...
  5. The G.O.A.T.

New to me 2205 :banana:

So, I've had a 2120 for about 7 years now and have loved it from day one (I got it for $50 in good condition) I never thought I needed anything else, 120 W RMS was just fine by me and call me odd but looks have never swayed me over function. I kinda dig the industrial look of the brushed...
  6. The G.O.A.T.

Help with preamp

While moving my preamp broke. It is a B&k pt3. It makes a weird noise when I turn it on as well as the out put volume is very low. I have attached pictures of the part that I think is causing the problem. Can anyone tell me what the black thing with writing in the middle is and where I can find...
  7. The G.O.A.T.

My New year resolution Music review

I've decided to listen to an album a day in 2013 on my tube amp. Then write a mini review along with a number out of 10. Mostly It will allow me to listen to the music I have accumulated over the last 15 or so years. Ground rules are as follows. 1. Albums will be sorted alphabetically by...
  8. The G.O.A.T.

What made you become a"Audiophile?"

I was reading over this discussion http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=476362 and I couldn't help wondering what made me become a self professed "Audiophile"? I think for me it would be my mom's side of the family. (she is 1 of 11) And the different types of music I was...
  9. The G.O.A.T.

McIntosh 2120 Recap and questions

Hi I have been around for a few years and mostly lurk, (thanks for all the info so far!) but have recently ran in to a few problems with my MC 2120. 1. I need to replace all of my power capacitors, as one has a hole and burn mark + is leaking and I'm not sure where to look for them. ( The big...
  10. The G.O.A.T.

best places to get flac's

just wondering if anyone had some sites for downloading flac's that are better then the regular torrent sites? Nick In Canada (where file shearing is not a crime):banana:
Back
Top Bottom