Search results

1. formuladale

Bob Latino M125 tube amp

Good news. Been running amp for 2 days now and it is not dropping out anymore. Went over solder points. I did notice under a magnifying glass I may have missed the middle leg on transistor from solder. Amazing how amp worked for 2 years before acting up if that was the issue. I want to thank...
  2. formuladale

Bob Latino M125 tube amp

Yes I will putting them side by side out of system and checking continuity, capacitance etc. to see if anything is different from one amp to the other.
  3. formuladale

Bob Latino M125 tube amp

I’m using dueland wire, heavier gauge where needed and good solder. Never had any issues except with this amp. It took 2 years to act up. I’m going to take both amps out of system and put them side by side and check continuity capacitance etc. and see if one amp gives me funny reads. Put new...
  4. formuladale

Bob Latino M125 tube amp

Yes I tried that and the problem stayed with the amp. I’ll be looking at it again next week. I did order new switch which should be here soon. Can’t hurt to put a different one in. Will keep everyone posted . Regards Dale
  5. formuladale

Bob Latino M125 tube amp

Thanks for the info. I thought maybe the switch because when I flip it up and down sound comes back on. I did a continuity check on various points in amp and couldn’t find anything out of the ordinary.
  6. formuladale

Bob Latino M125 tube amp

After I get new switch put in and recheck solder joints. I’ll report back to let you know if that fixed the issue. Regards Dale
  7. formuladale

Bob Latino M125 tube amp

I really like these amps. Also built the tube pre amp sp14. I actually built 2 of the pre amps. Just ran into annoying issue with 1 amp dropping out randomly but coming back on messing with volume or triode switch. Have other hi end solid state amps which I paid more for and like the sound of...
  8. formuladale

Bob Latino M125 tube amp

Yes ordering new switch and will check solder joints again. Thinking bad contacts in switch.
  9. formuladale

Bob Latino M125 tube amp

Yes I’m ordering new switch and will look closely at connections when I put new switch in. Regards Dale
  10. formuladale

Bob Latino M125 tube amp

I will buy a new switch not that expensive will get a heavy duty. Maybe bad contacts in switch
  11. formuladale

Bob Latino M125 tube amp

Okay after re-soldering and deoxit on triode/pentode switch problem still exists with amp. It usually starts after amp warms up for about an hour. Went through changing every component in system again and the problem follows the amp.When I either mess with volume control or switch the...
  12. formuladale

Bob Latino M125 tube amp

Okay it will take me a good week to get to it due to my work schedule. I've had it on about 3 hours tonight and it dropped out twice. I will report back in couple weeks after going over and running it to check to see if problem goes away. Thanks for all your responses. Dale
  13. formuladale

Bob Latino M125 tube amp

Tubes stay lit when it drops out. I will look at those areas closer. Wiring going to and from board and input jacks. And triode/UL switch. Thank you Dale
  14. formuladale

Bob Latino M125 tube amp

Here is a pic of amplifiers.
  15. formuladale

Bob Latino M125 tube amp

Just completely drops out randomly. Until I mess with the volume control then it comes back. And it might not drop out for an hour or so. Very erratic when it does happen no pattern. Yes I have a DMM. I would have to take amp out of system and put it on bench to test.
  16. formuladale

Bob Latino M125 tube amp

Yes that pretty much sums it up. I thought for sure it was my preamp. But I changed the preamp to another one and still the same problem. I have done everything possible . When I changed amp to other side the problem followed the amp.
  17. formuladale

Bob Latino M125 tube amp

Yes all tube sockets look good and all tubes stay on when the channel drops out. I have even tapped on amp when it drops out and that doesn't do anything
  18. formuladale

Bob Latino M125 tube amp

Yes I built these myself. There were no issues up until past month. I have tried everything from changing preamp, wires tubes etc. and problem always follows the amp. These are mono blocks .
  19. formuladale

Bob Latino M125 tube amp

Dead quiet when it drops out. Very annoying. It randomly happens usually after running for about an hour
  20. formuladale

Bob Latino M125 tube amp

I think first pic might have been blurry
  21. formuladale

Bob Latino M125 tube amp

Someone asked for schematic. One is the driver board. The other is output stage, power supply
  22. formuladale

Bob Latino M125 tube amp

I built a pair of these couple years ago. Having a problem with one of these amps. The amp plays for a little while then drops out but as soon as I mess with volume control amp comes back on. Tried different preamps and wires, tubes ect. the problem follows the amp. Looked it over re soldered...
  23. formuladale

Apple iPod troubles !!!!!!

Yes lesson learned back up iPod on EHD. I'm very impressed on the sound quality of this device. I listen to all formats of music and they all have good qualities. If it was recorded right the sound comes through no matter what format your listening to. From my experience.
  24. formuladale

Yes the iPod icon is there. I spoke with apple support in the past about the iPod and didn't get anywhere. But this last phone call to them were very helpful. My iPod is letting me put music back on it. I learned a lesson always back up the music on another hard drive in case computer crashes...
  25. formuladale

Apple said I had to erase iPod if I want to sync to another computer. So I did. I just got off the phone with apple support. The person I talked to this time seems to know what he is talking about. Previous calls to apple were not helpful. I will cross my fingers and hope for the best. Why does...
Back
Top Bottom