Search results

1. bobaloniny

Any Source For Mach 1 Tweeters?

Howdy, Just wondering if anyone knows of a source for these, or will it just be a case of continuing to beat the bushes and hope for the best. https://www.simplyspeakers.com/Realistic-Horn-Tweeter-SH-15-Sold-Out-_p_1240.html
  2. bobaloniny

Toshiba SA 420 problems..maybe

Circuits wise..never really got into it so theres a strike against me. I have a decent meter and above average soldering skills. All that said..just got this receiver, not in horrid shape, it works but.. Decided to check DC offset and get around 58-60 mv on either side. Checked the manual...
  3. bobaloniny

Dual 10XX Sled Repair

I also had a pia 10 series sled, had trouble seating it, and even when it looked normal it may have 2 channels for 5 minutes, at that juncture I concluded that attempting a repair was risk free as it was essentially junk. First issue I saw as per the seating was that the material was chewed off...
  4. bobaloniny

Sugden A 48II Price Help Please

Apologies, I never bother coming in and asking such things as most of the time a question as to value can be figured out one way or another via Google-Fu, but this one...... Just came out of the shop for some outputs, has had other work done in the past, transistors, a few caps etc, but nothing...
  5. bobaloniny

EQ Conundrum

Normally these things don't confuse me, but this one, ehhhh. My son just bought a Yamaha R-S202 receiver http://www.parts-express.com/yamaha-r-s202-stereo-receiver-with-bluetooth-100-watts-per-channel--312-220 He would like to run an eq with this....this is where my confusion comes in. It...
  6. bobaloniny

? Regarding HPM 40 Woofers

Recently brought home a pair as a curb rescue. Cabs are too far gone but all the guts were there and seemingly in nice shape. Surrounds gone on the woofers as they would be. Question I have towards those who have more experience with these is did you find that these have a particularly tight...
  7. bobaloniny

TD 146 Wallwart ?

Just got a 146 with no power supply, tag on the back says 16vac 150 ma.. I have a wallwart rated 15vac 1 amp (reads 18vac on the meter, no load). Can I use this or do I have to keep looking?
  8. bobaloniny

Nagaoka MP 11 Rave

Through the summer a friend of a friend brought around his Connoisseur something or other tt to get whipped back into running shape after lying dormant for years (he thought cd's were manna from the gods for awhile). Major issue was the stylus was snapped off of his Nagaoka cartridge. He didn't...
  9. bobaloniny

Getting Started On An AR XA

Things have slowed for the season, so its time to get to what has been accumulated in the past year. First on the agenda is this 2 motor AR XA that I picked up over the summer. Looks not so bad, deck is gouge free, base is nice though missing the badge, dustcover has a crack in the center...
  10. bobaloniny

Help..Record Wont Clean Up

There is a funky haze on this unusual used record I just got (a Bulgarian pressing). I am thinking its some manner of preservative, though its conjecture on my part, anyway it does affect playback, with a sh,sh on one channel. No other clues really, paper sleeve in a velvet box, nothing to...
  11. bobaloniny

Elac Static Problems

So the relative humidity here in the house is at 30%, its been rainy here lately, and my 50HII (equipped with an attached ground wire) is still making static and popping off (static discharge I assume). I can put a record I just washed and air dried on, and it will make static as it plays the...
  12. bobaloniny

Universal Appeal

As I sit here spinning some CCR, it occurred that they may very well top the list of artists who seem to be universally accepted by the majority of people in general (not just AK). I've just never heard anyone, anywhere say, "Aww man, not Creedance..ewwwww". Now of course, there is Marley...
  13. bobaloniny

I Am Sooo On The Edge,

teetering here at 3999....just kind of waiting on the inspiration to make post 4000. No, really, I'll do it. I mean it now.:para:
  14. bobaloniny

The Album That Holds Me Captive

No matter whats happening, everything stops until that ones over with. Listening to it is an aural full body massage. One of mine is Andrew Birds "Break It Yourself". Always a real treat for me to spin that. So, which album puts you on the other level?:music:
  15. bobaloniny

Nice Little Record Spinner

Went to see my tech buddy over the weekend, and found him playing with this, getting it ready for the customer a little at a time. Just a little tt with a 16" platter and more or less a washing machine motor... Back story is this was found somewhere in Montreal, brought here, and then bought by...
  16. bobaloniny

Check Me For A Pulse

Stopped at the local thrift this evening not expecting much, just a little social outing more or less. I think my wife saw it first, then I saw it, and got a little dizzy. She picked it up, and took it right to the pay for it table. It had no price on it, but one of the volunteers looked it...
  17. bobaloniny

WHICH "I Heard It Through The Grapevine" ?

So whose rendition is your favorite? Marvins? CCR? Pips?.Raisins, any others?? Speaking for myself, as much as I dig Marvin Gaye..to me, the CCR track is the winner. I know, thats just me..what about you?
  18. bobaloniny

The World Is A Ghetto

Not that I just discovered this album, but wow, talk about standing the test of time...what a record. Avoiding whats obvious, and already been said, I find the worst part of the whole album is realizing you just hit the deadwax on side 2. Fantastic album imho.
  19. bobaloniny

CRS Revisited

Does anyone recall a site that was a room by room photo tour of a monstrous collection (in Japan iirc) of most droolworthy and expensive vintage (even antique) gear? Every room stuffed full of lathes, Western Electric, JBL, stand up locker style theater amps, huge horns, cartridges worth more...
  20. bobaloniny

Lloyds TT Huh?

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-electronique/ville-de-quebec/table-tournante-en-bois-massif-lloyds/1029287024?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true Table tournante en bois massif LLOYD'S en excellente état. (Massive Lloyds turntable in wood..excellent shape, or.... Lloyds Turntable in big wood... ) Asking...
  21. bobaloniny

Think BIC Venturi Formula 7 Worth A Restore?

Got a pair of these the other day along with a Kenwood KR 9400 for short money. Though the speakers work as they are, they are pretty rough. Veneer problems on the top and trim pieces, none of the lights work, woofers replaced with Cambridge something or others (afaik a Canadian brand that seems...
  22. bobaloniny

Anyone Here Actually USING Isophon Coax's?

The other day I found a pair of Noresco speakers with grills that wouldnt remove. I felt around and felt an oval and a rectangle underneath, so I figured I best just get them, then figure it out. End result, the cabs are loaded with Isophon PH 2132 E coax's. The cabs are about the size of an...
  23. bobaloniny

Akai 4000DS Question

As for the reel holders that I presently don't have (just got the little bugger). In an older thread through AK Search, I see reference to a "twist lock" reel holder required for this machine, as opposed to a plain rubber holder for the 4000. Never needed a reel holder before, all of my other...
  24. bobaloniny

Acutex Question

I have an M306 II, that I just happened to dog the generic stylus on (yay). As to replacement I am seeing generic ellipticals and Jico seems to have only conical. I think I would rather run elliptical, though I don't mind conical. My question is, am I limited to just something that says 306...
  25. bobaloniny

Concord HiFi Control Center

Never heard of or seen one? Neither had I. My tech buddy came across this, and immediately thought of me as he knows I have a taste for the not so common (normal, run of the mill, plug in whatever you want). So for not many sheckles, it now resides with me. Yay or :banana:. Yup, it all works and...
Back
Top Bottom