Search results

1. markus

Happy Birthday markus!

I'm a slacker - thanks for all the birthday wishes!!!! got a small listening space now so im playing with horns instead of open baffles.... still addicted to tubes
  2. markus

Pilot 402 (Console pull) Tube Receiver

SIXCATS!! what's up I'd definitely get that pilot recapped and ger a fresh rectifier tube in there. Pilit stuff is comparable to scott and fisher performance wise..... not to mention that pilot, once restored will drive those giant EV / University speakers REALLY NICE
  3. markus

Pilot 402 (Console pull) Tube Receiver

SIXCATS!! what's up I'd definitely get that pilot recapped and ger a fresh rectifier tube in there. Pilit stuff is comparable to scott and fisher performance wise..... not to mention that pilot, once restored will drive those giant EV / University speakers REALLY NICE
  4. markus

Ampex 620 rebuild aa a ELECTRIC FIDDLE AMP?!?

been a while lol. figured i should round out this thread with pics before i start a new one.... spolier alert.... PILOT CONSOLE still hunting for more ampex 620's and 2010's in the wild. i (and my violinist friend) were very happy with how this 620 came out. does AK let you link videos? ive...
  5. markus

2023 new England summer bash cook-out an get togther

OOOOOooooo I'd make the trek for this
  6. markus

Ampex 620 rebuild aa a ELECTRIC FIDDLE AMP?!?

Long time no post y'all... firstly, sorry I'm MIA for Frankenfest... i miss you guys... I'm back down in Florida now.... On to the post..... anyone familiar with the Ampex 620 knows they are something special.... I consider the 8 Inch driver one of the best fullrangers ever made. and the...
  7. markus

Happy Birthday markus!

Thanks guys Been an interesting year for sure.... Does anyone else buy themselves birthday presents? Came home yesterday with a pair of Wharfedale Airedale speakers from 1962...they are BIG... not sure where the hell they're going yet...
  8. markus

Good bye,Relaximus

DAMN..... I haven't been up north for years now but did you get a few chances to hang out with Dave and his family he was a great guy and he's going to be missed. This is a serious Bummer.
  9. markus

RIP Fellow Member, Birddog

Well shit... this is a serious bummer bird dog was a great guy. I'm really sorry to hear about this. Hope his family is doing okay
  10. markus

Crusty But Complete Concert Grand Caught on Craigslist

I cleaned up the top a little bit... I *think* I'm gonna need to refinish it... Pretty beat up. Pulling the all the chassis out tomorrow to assess condition and recap/retube needs
  11. markus

Yeah the one power Transformers weird I don't know if that's Factory or something that got replaced due to a failure at some point.. about 10 years ago I had a Magnavox console with 185 amplifier in it and that power transformer was definitely replaced because underneath you could see all...
  12. markus

Oh no I need to update that s*** LOL I moved up to Richmond Virginia about two years ago although now I am in Charlottesville Virginia :-)
  13. markus

Well this one was truly a surprise! I'm always trolling Craigslist and eBay for Cool Tube gear but the pickings have been slim the last few years. To my surprise last week I spied a pretty crusty Concert Grand on Craigslist and thanks to some not too great pictures nobody seemed to jump on it...
  14. markus

Help me identify this vintage GE speaker?

I do believe that's a GE portify extension speaker designed to work wirelessly
  15. markus

Fantasia amps

Wow...... Those are impressive! Many moons ago I had a pair of RCA 9359 amps... I electrically restored them and sold them during the great divorce purge.... They used 4 809's in push pull parallel but similar build quality. Luckily nearly all my wiring was good, as was the iron. For that...
  16. markus

♫ Saturday October-19 ♫ New England FALL FrankenFest 2019, Sutton, MA

Thanks for the props I do miss these AKFests and all you guys.. I'm gonna try like hell to make it to the gig in March. Sounds like y'all had a blast!
  17. markus

Looking for schematics on RCA MI-9355 mono amps with 845 tubes.

I would check with Jonathan Weiss at oswalds mill.... Back in the day he helped me track down a schematic for a pair of RCA 9359 amps (809 push pull parallel). Not sure how how responsive he is be... I think he's got alot going on, but it's worth a shot
  18. markus

Please recommend a full range driver.

Those Corals ARE a steal.... Hell.... Buy em... If you don't like em you can easily sell them for what you paid
  19. markus

Please recommend a full range driver.

I like vintage ...tried a SHITLOAD of drivers back when I had a house and all the gear before the great divorce purge.... . After dozens of drivers tested on my je labs open baffles, my favorites : 1963/64 rca 12 inch console drivers ... Easy to find, cheap, and amazing midrange detail Late...
  20. markus

JBL Speaker ID

Yup.... Had the same model.... C38 for sure. Does he still have the legs?
  21. markus

Magnavox 196BA (Large OPT)

Those golden voice drivers are all Jensen... Good stuff! The 5 inchers make great full rangers... No crossover needed... Depending on the actual model of the 10's, they too could be viable full range drivers. Any pics or manufacturers stampings? I'm a sucker for single ended amps driving full...
Back
Top Bottom