Search results

1. 2fives

Servicing a SONY DAT machine (Pictorial)

Anyway you guys know of to check the error rate on a Sony DTC-60ES?
  2. 2fives

Quartz Lock Button...for Dual..

looks good, way to nice a table to let head in the direction of the dumpster or even a junker.
  3. 2fives

Neighbour freaked out

Thats a good one, thank god I never have to take things that far. Sometimes when you do it almost falls under the category of crybaby. :sigh: Unfortunately I have no before and after pics since I don't have much to do with my neighbors beyond "hi, nice day" Unfortunately since he's on the...
  4. 2fives

Neighbour freaked out

LOL, damned if you do damned if you don't. But anyway thanks for the in put so far everyone, I agree ivy is a weed....to a point. In my yard, on my shed, growing on my fence. Not like I cut down some 200 year old great oak. I have a lot of tree/bush in my back yard, funny thing is the 3...
  5. 2fives

Neighbour freaked out

So I've had a shed with ivy growing on it for about 30+ years, the ivy as you can imagine is/was growing out of control all over the side and roof, keeping the roof wet and aiding in the wood rotting. About 80% on my side and shed and 20% over the fence in to his side. Now just where my shed is...
  6. 2fives

Recording from a Cassette Produces Rice Krispies???

I use audition and record all my stuff at 96/32 float. I want the highest capture rate, I can convert it later to what ever but still have my "master" file to convert from. I peak at around -10 on my levels.
  7. 2fives

Sony normal bias suprise.

I have found all the line up's of the sony type I and II to be very usable tapes. The metals, well some metal-sr tapes just wont bias in my dragon so no good for me.
  8. 2fives

A Dragon is coming to me!

Having owned the Dragon for about a year now I will say I have come to realize the deck does need somewhats regular service. Mine could use a full once-over which I have neither the skill nor tools to do it. The deck still works as it should. I have some Sony metals it just won't BIAS, so sucks...
  9. 2fives

Wave file buzz cut

Thanks for the help. I may mess around more or just bail on the card. New to me but the card is used bought from my buddy.
  10. 2fives

The Score That Got Away

Totally off topic but IMO these kinda adds are to wordy. What I mean is that whole beginning "Before computerized systems took over the market place........ blah blah blah" I think no kidding we all know what century we're living in. Just list what your selling and the price. This is just...
  11. 2fives

Dirty Needles Question

Sorry, probably should have noted about every 10 LP's. I agree it just takes that one time to push it over the edge, but so far so good and luckily (i guess) all my carts are under the $400 mark, not cheap....well for a cart it is. :saywhat: If I did have a $1k cart on I may be more cautious in...
  12. 2fives

Dirty Needles Question

IMO the M.E works O.K. Won't get the build up off but dust bunnies will come off. The build up needs to be hit with the stylus brush and liquid. I have a steady hand so can afford some front to back and side to side motion with no damage. This for me is what gets it spotlessly clean. I hit it...
  13. 2fives

Wave file buzz cut

Got a new sound card for my windows XP comp. Had a chaintech av710, I now have a HT Omega Clara plus. The problem is on about 75% of the audio I record from vinyl using adobe audition 3 it looks like someone gave the wave a buzz cut (see my pic) it's just flat as a ruler. It should be very...
  14. 2fives

Another Recording Question

If your going to swap tapes IMO forget Type I tapes and use only Type II and no dolby. Less noise to begin with. Dolby is just to problematic when going from one machine to the next, and if you don't know what your doing who the hell is gonna spend money getting a low end deck calibrated by a shop.
  15. 2fives

Putting records to your computer

for me its recording it to tape, ipod for quick access. Most of the time it's not convenient to put a record on. If you have a high quality sound card and record 192/32 float I hear no difference, then I can do what ever I want to the files which is usually compress to put to ipod and keep the...
  16. 2fives

Cassette tape score?

I don't have much use for 60's but good score. I'll usually bail or fade one of the shit songs to make it fit on one side of a 90. Still like one poster said that I won't forget I need a score too not this constant trickle of like 5 tapes here 5 tapes there I need like 40 at once. :dammit:
  17. 2fives

Pics of your listening space

I like to have one room of the house with no clutter, no goofy posters on the wall (tasteful pictures are fine), just mellow and always ready to relax in. That looks like this room. :thmbsp:
  18. 2fives

Importing Audio

I record everything in 96/32 float and then use db poweramp to convert it to what ever format i need, usually dropping it down to 128 vbr aac to drop into itunes and leaving the lossless files on my server. Drive space is cheap so I don't care that each album takes up like 2 gigs.
  19. 2fives

Backing up my pre-recorded music cassettes

IMO tapes are to durable to worry about backing up, my 25 yr old tapes sound just as good to me as ever, and that's the prerecorded I bought for a buck at the thrift. I would back up though if..... your deck is prone to "eating tapes" to leave a copy in the car and one inside you loan...
  20. 2fives

Yamaha receiver L & R channels different

So I have a Yamaha CR-66 receiver and the right channel seems to suffer from muffled bassy sound while the left is much more "bright" with hardly any bass. Like messing with he tone control while listening to only the left or right channel. I tried swapping speakers and it's the same, no...
  21. 2fives

VPI 16.5, anyone use one?

Agreed it's worth it. I have a 16.5 too and the 17 would have been nice, but could not justify the added money. Although the 16.5 is no slouch. Keep in mind the unit is made from MDF wood and does not take well to water so don't splash fluid everywhere. I re-caulked around the inside for better...
  22. 2fives

Yamaha yp-211

50 bones good buy. Looks identical to my YP-66, different model year probably. Auto return is the cats azz for snoozing on the couch with a record on. Very simple table, the counter weight for antiskate on mine needed more weight even at it's most farthest back position on the arm so I glued a...
  23. 2fives

Okay, who has the most turntables!

3 for me :sigh: With about half a dozen more I know of I'd like to own. Do you guys with more tables than systems just keep rotating them?? Carts would be expensive or just a hassle to keep swapping?? I feel for me after 3 it's now at the point where any more have to be a smoking deal to...
  24. 2fives

Milty Zerostat 3 dumb question... HELP!

I have one too and find this weird. Mine came with the bulb for testing, and like someone said if it clicks your pulling the trigger to fast. I hold it about 3 inch away and give the record about 3-4 shots in different spots. But the weird part is when I put the test bulb on and pull the...
  25. 2fives

Fuji DR-1 tapes

Anyone else finding these tapes just seem to suck?!?! My deck just has an impossible time trying to Bias them (manual bias) and my other deck has auto Bias and seems to do and semi O.K. job. In comparison some NOS Sony HF-S tapes I found just seem to kick azz. I don't know why but the Sony seems...
Back
Top Bottom