Search results

1. G

What TT's do you folks have

Evening folks, Here's my TT, a DIY Lenco / PTP. 12" Jelco arm and an SPU GME and an Alphason Xenon and Audio Note IO1
  2. G

Yamaha CR-820 help please

Thanks guys, I went for it (12v 6mA) and ended up with the right result. (only after working out the lights are wired in series!)
  3. G

Yamaha CR-820 help please

Evening all, I've just got hold of a CR-820 - it's in A1 condition cosmetically and looks to have been recapped fairly recently. Unfortunately all 4 bulbs have blown I can see the filament is broken so I'd like to replace them. I have read 12v 60mA is the correct type can anyone...
  4. G

Post a picture of your turntable

hi, thanks, yes I am, posting under the same tag / name
  5. G

Thanks guys, A TT this large is an acquired taste, a love it / hate it type of thing. You can guess which side of the fence my missus is standing.
  6. G

FINALLY completed my DIY turntable PART TWO

congrats on finishing! :thmbsp: It's a wonderful looking turntable, and truly unique. excellent in every respect.
  7. G

Goldring Lenco motor, PTP3 top plate, DIY ply plinth, 12" Jelco & 9" Rega R200 now fitted with 9" Alphason Xenon
  8. G

Idler drive project

I agree with the above; read, research, think and read some more. Then draw your plans, I did a 1:1 drawing of the top of the plinth. Consider arm positioning early on - make or down load scale cutouts of some arms, see how they will fit on your drawing. If you don't know which arm your going...
  9. G

Translenco - a very un-lenco - lenco.

WOW - just seen this. Very nice work! wonderful design concept - my imagination is not good enough to think of anything like that.
  10. G

Idler drive project

The 2nd picture shows the metal I purchased ready made. edit; what the heck; here's the link's, mods can delete this I guess if it's not allowed? http://www.lencoheaven.net/forum/index.php?topic=56.0 http://www.lencoheaven.net/forum/index.php?board=5.0
  11. G

Idler drive project

Cheers guys, thanks for the comments; I got the large top plate (and the motor island) from Holland - As mentioned above, It's called a PTP3 (Peter's top plate - 3) this is a tried and tested method of improving the heavy platter Goldring Lenco's, it's 4mm thick, very sold and has a large...
  12. G

Idler drive project

hello again :beerchug:
  13. G

Idler drive project

I can't tell you how it sounded before - i was not prepared to fit my cart onto it to find out. the 1st picture was not my doner deck - mine was beat up - the plinth was bad so I just got the parts I needed and got rid of it. Now finished its quite fantastic - i've been lucky to hear a huge...
  14. G

Idler drive project

the only power tools I used were hand and pillar drills, a palm sander and a jigsaw.
  15. G

Idler drive project

jig saw, a fine blade and a very steady hand
  16. G

Idler drive project

just need to save for a 12" arm now.......
  17. G

Idler drive project

more pics rounding corners gluing - layer by layer
  18. G

Idler drive project

in 2009 I made this http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=258605 In 2010 after 6 months to (nearly) complete I've produced an Idler drive deck based on the superb drive system of a Goldring Lenco GL75 Here's the pictures of the project, i hope you like it 18mm ply new 4mm...
  19. G

New Look for my PL-518

That's very nice work. nice one!
  20. G

DIY Tonearm of found objects, aka "Redboy's WonderBlunder Arm"

Nice work, I'd like to have a go at somthing like this!
  21. G

New Turntable project

Wow that's Huge! Very nice so far, this is going to be awesome when you’re done, 12" arms look uber cool imo. (I wanted a 12" arm, my slate was not big enough....theres always next time) You're sure gonna need a sturdy hifi rack!
  22. G

new plinth and arm for pioneer PL518

Have you guys got links to photos of your turntables? :yes:
  23. G

gona experiment with some sorbothane between the slate using this lowers the platter to the plinth with about 1mm to spare,
  24. G

here are some more pics....
  25. G

Yes is just a regular hole saw. the pioneer motor OD is 85mm, the Bosch saw is 86mm, so a perfect size. Took a long time to cut, perhaps 30mins each hole. I looked for a 86mm diamond tipped saw but they were big £££ and did not want to spend alot for a single use job.
Back
Top Bottom