Search results

1. I

Question on 9090db recap.

OK, Thanks. I was not sure if the tolerance value would make a difference. Bummer about the Nichicon. What direction are you going to now typically for those
  2. I

That would seem to fit the bill. Does it matter if the tolerance does not match? (5% vs 20%) Also, it calls for a "low noise" cap? Does that matter?
  3. I

I am currently beginning phase two of my 9090db repair/recap journey. System is now up and running. I recapped and replaced fuse resisters everywhere except the Tuner board and Power relay board. I originally was not going to do the tuner board, but I decided what the heck. Worse case I'll have...
  4. I

9090db F2657 Power Relay Ckt Board.

Makes sense. Thanks. I did eventually get the cover off, but it was a struggle/
  5. I

That was very interesting to hear. I have noticed that when the left channel goes low, if I turn up the volume, the channel will snap back into the correct level suddenly. And I guess I thought the relay would only cause an either on or off situation, but not a semi on situation. I will try...
  6. I

Thanks, that would make things much easier.
  7. I

I would not need to take the board out then?
  8. I

It could be. That was the one board I did not recap, other than replace the relay. For some reason that board scares me. I was afraid I’d break it. I will probably end up taking it out and checking all of the solder joints.
  9. I

Good evening, With the help of the folks here, I recapped my 9090db and I also re-pinned the Dolby board which was causing channels to drop. After doing all the work, the system was running very well except for one intermittent issue. The problem is primarily with the left channel, although...
  10. I

Need help identifying this wire in my 9090db

Good call. I watched the video and sure enough, it showed that wire. I just never soldered it back on. I found the tick mark I had placed and it lines up with the video. Thanks!
  11. I

That could be it. I will check when I get home from work. Thanks
  12. I

Yes, there is a red one.
  13. I

Thank you. And I do not see a yellow wire soldered on the solder side of the Dolby board.
  14. I

I am working on my 9090db. When I removed the tuner assembly tonight to do some work on the power relay board, I noticed a yellow wire dangling near the filter caps. The other end of the wire is attached to S01 on board 2654, the Push Switch board. S01 is the Dolby calibration push switch. I...
  15. I

Should I recap 9090db Power Relay board

Thank you both for your information. I will definitely replace the fusables and probably go ahead and replace the electrolytic s too. I noticed some black flakey carbon like "stuff" on a couple of the diode leads and a xister on the Power Relay board. Anybody come across that ?
  16. I

Should I recap 9090db Power Relay board

I am in the process of recapping my 9090db. Just successfully finished recapping and re-pinning the passthrus on the Dolby Board. System is working well. My question is whether I should re-cap and replace the Fusable resistors on the Power relay board or leave well enough alone. Also, how do...
  17. I

9090db Channel dropping mystery solved?

I was having similar issues with my 9090db. Strange channel cutouts. Mono made it work at times. I eventually bit the bullet and re-pinned the passthrus on the Dolby board, re-capped it and tore the switch apart and cleaned each individual wafer. All my problems went away. Not gonna lie, figured...
  18. I

Help please,Refinish my JBL

If one uses an oil finish like Watco, would one have to sand first? Or do any type of cleaning before applying the finish. Also, after using something like Renaissance, do you just use Renaissance in the future? I assume you would not use Watco once you have used a wax like Renaissance? Thanks.
  19. I

What should I use to clean switch wafers while disassembled.

Hey all, I am currently in the middle of a 9090db restoration. I have the Dolby board out and am replacing the electrolytics and pinning the pass thru’s. The Dolby switch has been removed from the Dolby board and I will be removing the individual wafers for cleaning the contacts. I have seen...
  20. I

9090db Dolby switch shaft is broken???

That makes me feel better knowing that is a common problem. I was wondering if it was something I had done. Thanks!
  21. I

Restoring uncle's Sansui 9090DB

Greetings Juan, I was not sure if I should PM you on a question I have for you or post on your thread. I thought it best to post on your thread so others could see this if applicable. So, I am restoring my 9090db. I was getting no signal out of the dolby board so I am embarking on re-capping...
  22. I

Hi, I appreciate you responding. To answer your last question. I have the Dolby board out currently as I am replacing all of the electrolytics and was going to pin the pass thru’s. So I have a good look at the switch. Actually, I just noticed that the main shaft going through all of the wafers...
  23. I

I took a closer look. It appears there may be a plastic collar that joins the main shaft that goes through all of the wafers with the knob portion of the shaft. I wonder if that is what got stripped.
  24. I

Well........ good news is I think I found out what the major problem is with my Dolby board. Bad news is, It appears that when I rotate the knob of the Dolby board switch, the shaft going through all of the wafers is not rotating. :( The only thing I can think that may have happened is I was...
Back
Top Bottom