Search results

1. spideyjack

I need advice/help with my Bud Fried Speakers

also -- I am totally on board with new tweeters once I can have you check the crossover. It may take a while but I'm intrigued. Thank you all!
  2. spideyjack

I'm glad I could get you guys talking! Is there a possibility that my speakers were a kit not sanctioned by Fried? And they just stuck the badge on there?
  3. spideyjack

I will snap a couple pictures this weekend. thanks!
  4. spideyjack

Thanks for sticking with me through this thread. Sorry about the Photobucket -- AK has upgraded since I last posted pictures. Still a great bunch of folks though!
  5. spideyjack

Jim. Thank you for your help!
  6. spideyjack

I think they sound pretty good. I am a musician and am used to how bass instruments sound in a room. Exaggerated bass doesn't bother me but I prefer a natural sound. These sound like real instruments are being played. Electronic bass or bass guitars sound pretty good too for pop and rock stuff...
  7. spideyjack

Would I find the crossover on the back where the plate for the speaker connections are?
  8. spideyjack

Is a CTS woofer a good thing? I am not a speaker guy, but I can tell that when they refoamed them they stuck a large dustcap on there. I would imagine that dampens the speaker? I'm afraid to try and cut them off, I might damage the cone.
  9. spideyjack

I have never looked at the crossover.
  10. spideyjack

The original tweeters are hard to find? Is it common to find Fried Speakers with replaced tweeters? Do the woofers look like a cheap replacement? I am not a speaker guy and wouldn't know if they were gold or lead! :)
  11. spideyjack

There is a plywood shelf that holds the L shaped pieces of foam. It is below the woofer, I don't think that is what you mean? Doesn't look like your diagram.
  12. spideyjack

They were free, refoamed by previous owner. that's all I know.
  13. spideyjack

26533_2501012318918279168_n_zpssqorgm02.jpg.html][/URL]
  14. spideyjack

Thanks for helping me Jim! Maybe these pictures will help identify what I have, and how to use them.
  15. spideyjack

Thanks! Will do. What kid of wattage do these speakers want to see? Should I put them in corners? Against the wall?
  16. spideyjack

Thanks! I was guessing about the model based on pictures I have seen on line. I think the previous owner put larger dustcaps on the woofer, not sure I want to cut them off. So I should fill the vent with foam?
  17. spideyjack

Fried Studio IV

The owners manual says 20 to 200 watts, that confuses me. I guess they want to be run by efficient amps?
  18. spideyjack

I think they are Studio IVs but all the pictures I see on line have different jacks and tweeters. I am pretty sure the dust cover on the woofer is wrong but I don't want to cut it off and see what's under there.
  19. spideyjack

Ok. I posted a picture, thank you for your patience and willingness to help!
  20. spideyjack

Working on a picture, it’s been so long since I posted a photo on AK that I can’t remember my password for photo bucket! Lol!
  21. spideyjack

Hello. I have a pair of early Fried Monitors. They are tall transmission line speakers with a single 8 inch and one round tweeter. There is no model number to be found anywhere. I love the sound and am wondering how to get the most out of them. I have searched extensively and have found some...
  22. spideyjack

Marantz 6200 Servomotor Fix

Same problem, I will try this. Thank you!
  23. spideyjack

Nakamichi CR7A stops play at random HELP?

zedex -- I ran it for way longer than 20 min. It tested well twice. Now I need to put it back together then test some more. Thanks!
Back
Top Bottom