Search results

1. Hillman

DIY "Pro-Audio" Interconnects

Check Shipping Prices Before Buying From MilesTek Corporation. Mine was inflated.
  2. Hillman

Found a Good Deal and Passing It Along

Check Shipping Prices Before Buying From MilesTek Corporation. Mine was inflated.
  3. Hillman

DIY "Pro-Audio" Interconnects

I put this over in the Dollars & Sense with this thread in mind. I found a great deal on CANARE F-09 RCA plugs, 1/2 the price of what Markertek charges. http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=192421
  4. Hillman

Found a Good Deal and Passing It Along

I found a great deal on CANARE F-09 RCA plugs, 1/2 the price of what Markertek charges. https://www.milestek.com/shop/product.asp?id=CN%20F%2009&cid=&kwd=&l=&p=
  5. Hillman

Resistor choices 4270 P800 board...

I purchased the Panasonic's from Digikey for my 2270 boards and yes they are miniature but that should not be a problem. My friend Zeljko (AKA Kale) uses the Vishay/ Dale CMF resistors with real good results. He gets them from Mouser and has them shipped to Croatia. Like secondslc said, stay...
  6. Hillman

New to Me MCS Speakers

I know this is kind of late. I have those same speakers I bought new in 1984 or 85. I still have them and use them regularly with a Sansui G-5700. They are great little speakers. I replaced the woofers with a pair of Pioneer woofers from Parts Express a few years ago. :thmbsp: Do you still...
  7. Hillman

Finally, G8000 restored

Beautiful Work Z. You have a unit to be proud of for sure. :yes:
  8. Hillman

BMS Drivers

I added the 4 & 8 ohm Mills resisters like Mike Punker X did on his 4552's a couple weeks ago and they made a world of difference. It also gave me a great deal more xover control. These drivers are great. Not ear fatiguing at all. This is a must have, must hear upgrade for Altec M19's.
  9. Hillman

BMS Drivers

Wow, Tommy likes his new speakers and so easy to put those 811's back in the 19's. Listened to The Cars, first album The Cars that I cleaned the hiss up on a bit and some Van Halen, Sounded Great. MF Lpad adjustment set just above low max and HF on M of optimum. Any higher on the MF and it makes...
  10. Hillman

BMS Drivers

I picked mine up at the PO this morning. Showed property till late yesterday and never made it down to check my mail so I am a day behind you guys. Should be Rockin by 7:00 PM EST tonight, I hope.
  11. Hillman

BMS Drivers

OK Guys, where are we on this? I might be selling a set of 802-8G's to recoup my expences.
  12. Hillman

'New' Altec Valencias join the collection

Bump, Hey Guys go to BMS Drivers, Group Buy? in Dollars & Sence and see the latest on a group buy of BMS drivers. http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=143723
  13. Hillman

BMS Drivers

Ok Guys, This is the best deal we are going to get on these drivers. This is by far a better deal than US Speaker was going to give us. I would like an 8 ohm pair of the 4552ND's. That's $158.32 each for the 4552ND x 2 = $316.64 plus shipping. $20.00 for 6 x 2 = $40 ÷ 6 = $6.66 for each pair +...
  14. Hillman

Yes, Good deal Dave. I made 5 Calls to Assistance Audio with no replys. US Speaker said they would give a 5% discount. I am still going to get a set.
  15. Hillman

Dave, give me a call at my office in the morning if you get time. Tom
  16. Hillman

Hey Guys, are we going to try the BMS driver buy or what? Let me know and I will make the call to see if we can get a discount. I think we are at 8 drivers now and want to confirm that with everyone.
  17. Hillman

I would say all the diaphragms are worth saving if you can fix them. I tried to fix my x-wifes once, whoops, another kid. lol Me, Dave and You makes 6 drivers, unless Zilch wants 2.
  18. Hillman

Ok, I am in for 2. Who wants to negotiate the deal?
  19. Hillman

Congrats on the Valencia’s. I know you will love them. Dave, It is to bad the dollar took a BM, I was also going to buy some BMS drivers for my M19's and was surprised that the price went up. I better get them anyways before the price goes up again. Of course I could sell the 802 G's and get it...
  20. Hillman

Whats your understanding of the phrase ...

"reparation" is what happens when you use spell check and can't spell to begin with or "reparation" is the idea that a just sentence ought to compensate the victim of a crime appropriately. Could it be he will pay you to fix it because he ripped you off? LOL
  21. Hillman

Restoration Akai GXC750D - warning - large pictures

Looks Great Z. Real Good Job. Glad it sounds good too. :thmbsp:
  22. Hillman

Start to finish speaker build with alot of help from my friends and lots of pics-LONG

:music: Great Job Gary. I would expect no less from you. I am glad they turned out so beautiful and that they sound fantastic. I am not at all surprised that they sound better than the Altec M19's and at the findings over at Lansing Heritage. I told you from the get that the M19's were lacking...
  23. Hillman

What to Do If You Suspect Seller Of Shilling His Own Item

What I do sometimes if I suspect shill bidding, is look at some of the persons other auctions. You would be surprised at what you might find. Even the same user names at times driving the price up. I just do not bid if I suspect a shill is up.
  24. Hillman

Price of Altecs

I just scored some 414-8C LF drivers the other day on Ebay. They came up right after my post that I was looking for some. I must have AudioKarma. :scratch2:
  25. Hillman

G-9000DB...New # for data base (pic inside)

I might be able to fix you up with a pot. PM me.
Back
Top Bottom