Search results

1. J

Need vintage speaker recommendations

I don't know where you are located but I just came back from a Goodwill in Baltimore (Waverly) where there's a pair of Rectilinears in excellent condition. I really thought of buying them but couldn't justify it nor get them by the wife w/o a scene. Because they were in such nice condition, they...
  2. J

Tannoy Gold xover build & parts help...Please

Hello all, I have a pair of Tannoy Windsors w/15" Golds that I'm hoping to restore. I want to by-pass the old xovers and tone control switches and build a xover from scratch that I will mount on the back of the cabinet. I have the schematic and have built simple xovers before but being a bit...
  3. J

Storage Time

I put any vintage gear that's going on the shelf in a clear plastic bag to keep the dust to a minimum but I do not tie or seal the bag so there is some ventilation. If I haven't used a 10+ year old piece of gear in a year or so, I always power it up with a variac. By slowly ramping up the power...
  4. J

Tape Biasing - Help Needed

Excuse me for butting in... I have quite a few R2R blank tapes that came with my deck. They are Maxell UD35-180/B and they sound fine on playback. A couple of years ago, Guitar Center was selling out their stock of Quantegy reel tape but all they had was the 499 on 10" reels. I realized at the...
  5. J

Marantz 10b advise needed...please

Well, I spent last night cleaning and Deoxit'ing all the tube pins and sockets and took the opportunity to give the rest of the chassis a good cleaning. It looks good - but the problem is still there. I know very little about these things but I played with the tuner a bit more and discovered...
  6. J

Thanks fellas! Sounds like I'll be Deoxit'ing the night away. I'll post the results. -Bryan
  7. J

Hello, Long-time lurker here... I recently picked up a Marantz 10b locally and have a question for the experts. First, when I spoke with the gentleman who was selling the tuner, he said that it hadn't been powered up in 20 years so I asked that he not switch it on. Unfortunately, another...
Back
Top Bottom