Search results

1. chefhog

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Very cool! I have the same system in my bedroom. Can't tell from the photo but mine has the cartridge that flips over to play 78's (which is exactly what I do because I have about 10 of them). Works like a charm! thanks for posting.
  2. chefhog

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Could be audio related. Never know what I will find at thrifts. Found a set of 50 very small drill bits for .99. I don't have any this small. And I bought several of the (4) 4" legs with mounting hardware for 1.99 ea. I thought these would work nicely for certain speakers.
  3. chefhog

Portable Cassette Player for less than a Big Mac?

I saw this deal today. Not saying anyone should buy, just thought it was interesting. At least they are still making them! Amazon.com: ByronStatics Portable Cassette Players Recorders FM AM Radio Walkman Tape Player Built In Mic External Speakers Manual Record VAS Automatic Stop System 2AA...
  4. chefhog

Post a Picture of your Tape Deck - Decks

Montgomery Wards Airline Stereophonic AM-FM 8-Track System. Bought at a Garage sale awhile back. Works nicely with good sound. Needs Stereo Light and Dial light(s), but belt is still going strong! Has 12V for Auto/Boat, AC cord or 8 D cells. The speaker beside it is on its own 8' cord for...
  5. chefhog

Questions about this old 8 track tape I bought.

Yes! the 4 track plays in my 8 track player. I've learned so much in the last 48 hours. The roller assembly that was installed is called a "Gidget". It plays well, but not perfectly. The pads inside are very worn, but I was able to listen to Blue Cheer and it is a very good tape. I can't believe...
  6. chefhog

Yes, I think your right. I think this has been modified to play in an 8 track player! It does have a pinch roller in the case just above that metal tab and that would explain why the corners are cut off. I'm gonna go for it and test in my player tomorrow. I will report back!
  7. chefhog

mhardy6647 Thanks for the reply. Any ideas about the shaved off corners? Will it play in my 8 track player?
  8. chefhog

Picked this up a while back. It was in a case with 10 tapes inside. I glanced briefly when I bought it and most were John Denver and Christmas music so I set aside. I was checking it out again and this tape jumped out at me. It does not look like the others. It is a Philips clear case with this...
  9. chefhog

Can you identify what model JBL speakers?

Thanks for the input. That is why I check here first! You are all correct; they were not JBL but ElectroVoice. Popped up on FB last night and I thought I found something. I passed when seller said his dad had told him they were JBL's. He still did not say what model EV's (Not hard to look at...
  10. chefhog

Can you identify what model JBL speakers?

TIA
  11. chefhog

the Official AK Extreme Cheapskates thread

OK, I'll Play I have a small cat. I buy the Advantage flea treatment tubes for Xtra Large Dogs (same price as for my cat's size). I empty into a glass vial and use a plastic syringe to treat my cat (8 ml) and save the rest for future treatments! Saves alot of $. And yes it is all the same...
  12. chefhog

Moonage Daydream David Bowie Documentary

I went to see this film last night in Imax. Wow! First off- it was loud, and I like loud music, but it was extreme! The movie was like a punch in the face – sometimes in a good way. If I had to describe it, I would say that it was like injecting 1970’s Ziggy Stardust/David Bowie straight...
  13. chefhog

Also do you recognize this Symbol on the cartridge?

Thanks, This was an estate sale find of a friend of mine's. Garrard 2025tc. He was looking for more info so I posted here for him. The auto functions were not working at all and I told him to clean all old grease off and re-oil. He has reported back to me that it is up and working well and a new...
  14. chefhog

$20 45 wpc receiver in Kansas City

It's been up a day, but I sent a message....
  15. chefhog

Need a 16" Sub? Monolith on sale

I get sales alerts in my inbox and these popped up today, thought someone might be interested, if not don't click. Thanks, Chefhog I saw these when they first came out. I would really like to hear/feel one! No Affiliation, just like / watch Monoprice sales. Monolith by Monoprice 16in THX...
  16. chefhog

Music Documentaries to Watch

Bob Dylan - Don't Look Back (1967) Pink Floyd live at Pompeii And the Beat Goes On: The Sonny and Cher Story
  17. chefhog

Marantz 2238 Stereo Light Problem

Yes! We have light. Resolder both pins and the light stayed on. Thanks for everyone's help. Dial cord unharmed in this adventure.
  18. chefhog

OK, thanks for the responses. The lamp is regular not Led. It never worked since I had the unit. While I had the bottom off already, I checked voltage between the two pins and I got 10.25v. I checked my lamp with a 12v battery (thanks runningdog) and glows nicely. Crazy. So I checked the same...
  19. chefhog

Some photos...
  20. chefhog

I have a 2238 (not b) that needed several new lights. When I put in the new Stereo indicator lamp I can't get it to work. I thought maybe it was a bad bulb as I had it already so I purchased a new one and same result. Any ideas? I know it should work on Aux (CD player) and when a FM station is...
  21. chefhog

Marantz wood case question

Thanks, that will work.
  22. chefhog

Marantz wood case question

I have a new to me 2238 that is in outstanding condition except for one thing. The metal screen is very loose from the wood case. Just wondering how this was attached from the factory. Was it just a snug fit that has come loose over time or was there glue or some other fastener I'm not seeing...
  23. chefhog

Allied Model 395 controls

I have seen a few vintage receivers, but none so far with this speaker selection/switch. The switch has 6 positions, so how does this change the sound? Does this balance the sound more to one side? I might be missing something simple here. I have not hooked up 4 speakers yet and...
Back
Top Bottom