Search results

1. jmitchell59

Realistic Electrostatic speakers?

Just came across this thread. I have an original set of AR-2's with the matching Electrostat 3's that I got from the original owner. The two actually compliment each other quite well.
  2. jmitchell59

Luxman T-450 Dial Scale Lamps location???

have the same issue with my t400 and t450. lots of bulbs look right, but which is correct?
  3. jmitchell59

Acoustic Research AR-2

I've got a pair of those AR-2's, from the original owner. I'm in the middle of replacing the potentiometers, which is no easy task. I have the (near perfect) Realistic ElectroStat 3 supertweeters as well. I am, unfortunately, looking for a replacement or repair for one of the "tweeters"...
  4. jmitchell59

Onkyo Integra 4500 memory loss

Would anyone know how to fix the loss of memory my 4500 experiences every time I turn it off? Is there a battery, capacitor, what?
  5. jmitchell59

FM tuner, Onkyo T-4500 is reviewed

Any chance you know how to fix the memory loss in a 4500?
  6. jmitchell59

Does anyone recognize these ES Tweeters?

Got a pair in the shop downstairs. Not sure what to do with them...
  7. jmitchell59

RTR 100D's

Say guys, I'm trying to locate some info on a pair of RTR G-80's I picked up at SA. Is there a good source for info on RTR out there?
  8. jmitchell59

RtR G-80 Speakers

To all: I recently picked up a pair of RtR G-80 speakers ($10), they need some surround work, but are excellent cabs & grilles. The problem I'm having is I can find no info about them! IS there a source for vintage RtR out there?
  9. jmitchell59

Hafler DH 500 common ground?

Huh! Who knew?
  10. jmitchell59

Hafler DH 500 common ground?

Good evening! I have a Hafler DH 500 that I'm selling on anther site. An interested buyer has asked if his Polk speakers, which require a common ground, will work with this amp. Does anyone know the answer to this? Why would speakers need a common ground?
  11. jmitchell59

Carver bulbs

I need meter bulbs for a Carver tfm-15 amp. Other than the 'Bay, does anyone know what works or where I can get some?
  12. jmitchell59

Worth the repair costs?

Good day! I have a GAS Thalia and Grandson, plus a Carver -17 pre-amp, that have issues. I'm thinking the GAS would be worth the price (about $800) to restore, but what about a Carver pre-amp?
  13. jmitchell59

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

best one! Perfect pair of JBL 18ti's for $7 at SA!:
  14. jmitchell59

Infinity rs 6000

The issue with repair is that the pieces and parts are in Tennessee, I'm in South Dakota. I've thought about trying some of the higher end speakers as comparables, but not sure I could get that to fly with the speaker smashing folks in brown.
  15. jmitchell59

Infinity rs 6000

Howdy! I recently shipped a set of nice Infinity RS-6000's to a guy in Chattanooga. My dear freinds in the big brown trucks thought it might be fun to see how badly they could damage an Infinity RS-6000 (see pic). Now I need to document to them what the actual replacement value is for a...
  16. jmitchell59

Tweeter for AR-17's

It's the cone itself. It looks like paper that's gotten wet or something
  17. jmitchell59

Tweeter for AR-17's

good evening. I was listening to my AR-17's (the old ones, not the new), and one of the tweeters was buzzing. Removing the grilles, I see that its' tweeter has begun to deteriorate. Can these be redone or do I have to replace? Any good source for parts?
  18. jmitchell59

stained woofers

HELP! I recently acquired a pair of older Sansui speakers, and along with a few dings and dents are some stains of what looks like cola on one of the woofers. Since they are of a lighter colored paper, it's pretty apparent. Any ideas on how to get it off?:confused:
  19. jmitchell59

Official AudioKarma G.A.S. Owner Club - The Great American Sound Company!

Thalia Would you guys have a source for a treble knob on my Thalia?
  20. jmitchell59

GAS Thalia pre-amp

Evening! I'm looking for a control knob for a recently acquired GAS Thalia pre-amp. Would anyone know of a source?
  21. jmitchell59

Oaktron speakers??

Actually 15" OK, so I can't read a tape...They're actually 15" woofers. Any idea of what the specs might be for them?
  22. jmitchell59

Oaktron speakers??

Hi guys. I was wondering if anyone had information on what a pair of 18" Oaktron Industries woofers might've came from or been used for? Thay appear to be in real good condition, with a mondo magnet structure? I did find that the company apparently went out of business in the 80's, but not...
  23. jmitchell59

Luxman CD player

Good day! I'm looking to fill out my Luxman system, and was wondering who might have some experience with their CD players? Am looking for a good, not-to-expensive unit, silver faced. Did they ever make one with the rosewood cabinet (to match my C-120/M-120)?
  24. jmitchell59

LED replacement lights

I have 2 Marantz and one Sansui recievers that have lights out, and am thinking about going with the LED fuse lights that are out there. The question I have is how do you match the light output from an LED that has 1, 2, 3 or even 4 led's on it to what the light output of the fuse lamp would've...
  25. jmitchell59

Sansui 8080DB

Wow! Yup, that's what I want to do! I didn't see it in the thread, but was that just stuck on over the existing veneer?
Back
Top Bottom