Search results

1. 930turbo

What's in your Garage? AK Car Show!

Thanks for the nice words Peter and another important reason I chose these pair is the ease of maintenance . No engine out procedure to replace the water pump , timing belts , tensioners . My local mechanic can easily do this procedures. No DME’s . Fuel delivery is just like the 80’s Mercedes...
  2. 930turbo

Just an update I sold my 89 Porsche 930 last Christmas and as a result we were able to completely pay off our home loan and was able to buy a new companion for my 88 Mondial .
  3. 930turbo

Let's See Your Miscellaneous Car Photos

looks like a FIAT 124 spider ,hen a TA22 Toyota Celica and a Porsche 911
  4. 930turbo

Very nice , Drive it in good health Sgt Schultz .
  5. 930turbo

Love the Jag E Type looks like a series 2 , 2 + 2 ?
  6. 930turbo

Next-Gen Clownshoe from BMW

The rear window looks like they copied it from the Pajero Sports SUV which was in the market since 2016
  7. 930turbo

Amplitrex tube tester impressions

Thanks very much Bill for the tip , indeed there is a headphone jack . Here is another picture of the Amplitrex AT 1000 I borrowed .
  8. 930turbo

What was the first car you owned?

My first car was given to me by my Dad during I was in Med School 1987 . It was fun to drive but since it did not have AC it was so hot and made me sweat a lot and we are in the tropics It was a 1974 FIAT 124 Spider
  9. 930turbo

That Ive not tried yet Bill , thanks for the tip . Will borrow the Amplitrex again after 6 months. Was a headphone came standard w/ an Amplitrex when one is purchased brandnew ? Or was it an option ?
  10. 930turbo

My cars in my messy garage , it also serves us storage for my equipment boxes , old toys , etc .
  11. 930turbo

Ive had experience using the Amplitrex by borrowning my friend’s unit once a year to test the tubes of my equipment ( all ARC SP10 MK2 , EC 21 , a pair of D79B’s , REF 40 linestage , REF Phono 2SE and REF 610T monoblocks ) . Im not a technical person , Im a General Surgeon by profession . Its...
  12. 930turbo

What's the most beautiful car ever built?

For me this is beautiful , here’s mine . Love the hips .
  13. 930turbo

JBL 4350A

Yes I miss that the one w/ the 18” woofer if I recall ?
  14. 930turbo

JBL 4350A

True I also prefer the Duntech Sovereign . The Bass goes much deeper when driven by the ARC REF 610 T’s . But I was surprised by the sound of those JBL ( 4331, 4333, 4343 ) w/c my retired dealer also have in his collection . I had an JBL L65 Jubal in the past and they did not sound as good as...
  15. 930turbo

JBL 4350A

Yesterday was a lazy Sunday afternoon and met my retired ARC dealer w/ friends to listen to a highly rated vintage speakers and held in high esteem by JBL Afficionados . The equipment we used on that day was a Micro Seiki SX111 w/ a Fidelity FR 64 tonearm and a Benz Micro Ace SL low output ...
  16. 930turbo

Jim McShane retiring

I bought a lot of tubes of Jim pecially for high powered tube amps for vintage and Modern ARC ,CJ and VTL . My friends and I are very satisfied w/ his customer service and the tubes he suppled to us were of high standards and for me comparable to the tubes I purchase from ARC . Good thing I was...
  17. 930turbo

lets see your ride !

love the 330GTC
  18. 930turbo

lets see your ride !

love Ferrari 308 GT4 , Scion 86 and the 560SL . Nice collection you have . drive them in good health and stay safe always .
  19. 930turbo

Just wanted to share , I sold my 84 BMW 635CSI and got myself an MX 5 , its a 2018 preowned unit w/ 4000 miles documented by its service history . Its a joy to drive w/ Go kart like handling . I drive this car more often now than my Porsche 930 and my Ferrari 3.2 Mondial Cabriolet
  20. 930turbo

What are your favourite cassette decks from years gone by?

I only have experience w/ Nakamichi , my favorite used to be was the 700ZXE . Sold it in the early 90’s , currently somebody gave me a 1000ZXL that needs restoration . It’s w/ my tech right now and hopefully restoration can be started
  21. 930turbo

Yes Lapslah the 930’s back in the day were pretty hot cars . For now its only us old men who appreciate them . Cant get myself to sell my 930 to get the newer ones . They’re not my cup of tea and they’re so huge . I saw a 991 GT2 parked beside a late model Camry and the Porsche was as long and...
  22. 930turbo

My 89 Porsche 930 , picture taken in front of our home .
  23. 930turbo

What was your first car?

Yes its mine . My first Pcar , mine is an 89 . Photo taken my son in front of our home .
  24. 930turbo

What was your first car?

Thanks for the nice words Caveman Carl , but the 124 series was not derived from the FIAT 850 w/c was rear engine . The 124 series came in Sedan form , a GT Form and roadster .
  25. 930turbo

What was your first car?

My first car was a 1974 FIAT Spider . It was given to me and I was in second year Med School
Back
Top Bottom