Search results

1. MrAcoustat

I just read that Joe Grado died today

Rest In Peace Joe and prayers for the family.
  2. MrAcoustat

Ian is fading away??

Rest In Peace my friend , condolences to the Grant family.
  3. MrAcoustat

XRCD: the most incredible sounding discs I have ever heard

Not XRCD but the sound quality on both these Three Blind Mice 24kt gold discs made in Japan is very very good.
  4. MrAcoustat

Is this the perfect speaker?

I am 68 years young been an audiophile for the last 43 years and i have yet to hear anything better dollar for dollar than these DIY Acoustat Spectra 8800, please believe me when i say i have heard many many fine speakers in all those years, my only passion is 2 channel audio when i'm not...
  5. MrAcoustat

how important is placement for Acoustat 2+2?

The best thing to do is TRY I my setup is not rhe best but you can only work with what you have so it's trial and error, but one thing is sure they need to be MINIMUM three feet from the rear wall good luck MrAcoustat. http://www.flickr.com/photos/mracoustat/
  6. MrAcoustat

My Dedicated 2 Channel System - A Progression...

Keep It Simple System Simple system but very musical at least to me and that's what 's important.
  7. MrAcoustat

Question about posting pics

www.photobucket.com
  8. MrAcoustat

Listening impressions - Acoustat Model 1

All there is to know on Acoustat's and for info Mr. Andy Szabo also known as AcoustatAnswerMan. http://www.audiocircuit.com/Home-Audio/Acoustat
  9. MrAcoustat

My Grant Fdelity system.

What do you mean, did the habs win ????? they can't even beat Toronto :banana:
  10. MrAcoustat

If I could have any CD player (cost no object) it would be...

First the one i own now is the Chord One it is a very good cd player the best that i have owned and i have owned many i have been with cd players since 1983 and the only one that i did not like was the Sony CDP-101 it was my first one and it was very very AGRESSIVE then came 5 Meridian - 2...
  11. MrAcoustat

Whats your current most prized piece of equip?

Well for me it's very easy, this as been for the last 27 years the center of attraction in my audio room, Acoustat 1+1s modified by Jocelyn Jeanson, the bigger speakers belong to my friend Jocelyn Acoustat Spectra 6600 both are all steel frame the small one's weigh 200 pounds and the large one's...
  12. MrAcoustat

List the top 3 best sounding speakers you have ever owned.

For me it's very easy, panels are my thing Acoustat's all the way, for boxed speakers it's Dynaudio Consequence ( YEP the older model ) Acoustat 1+1 modified Jocelyn Jeanson Acoustat Spectra 6600 modified Jocelyn Jeanson Dynaudio Consequence for boxed speakers
  13. MrAcoustat

Snell Type Q

Those are fantastic speakers, they replaced my proac tablettes in my regular speakers days, but i have been with Acoustat's for more than 25 years, yes i'm a electrostatic guy. PS: Visit me on Googles = MrAcoustat Flickr
  14. MrAcoustat

If I could have any CD player (cost no object) it would be...

For personal choice i prefer one box cdp players, here is my choice, not to greedy.
  15. MrAcoustat

Custom output transistors?

Just another way to make money it's pure b.s., $1,000.00 for an upgrade yes it is an upgrade but in there pockets , but i may be wrong oops got to go need to upgrade my Chord CPM-2600 to a CPM-2650 for a couple of thousands no no no just joking.
  16. MrAcoustat

Grant Fidelity power cable demo - listening impressions

First of all just to set the record straight i do beleive in cables but for me there is a limit i own a very decent system but i will never never pay a $1,000.00 + for power cords i now own 4 PC-1.5 and for the money involve they are quite a bargain is there better i'm sure there are BUT at what...
  17. MrAcoustat

Acoustat MK-131 panel problem

Because they cost next to nothing, so the build quality is so so but you can work wonders with them and they will last for life here is my pair of 26 years old 1+1s
  18. MrAcoustat

Acoustat Monitors?

No those are baby's, these are huge, Acoustat Spectra 6600s mod J.J.
  19. MrAcoustat

Acoustat Monitors?

Yes they are model X one of the first models ever made. This model is the 1+1 Modified JJ
  20. MrAcoustat

Pics of your listening space

Just another knive, nobody as ever told me, that my system sounded bad, wonder why.
  21. MrAcoustat

Pics of your listening space

MrAcoustat Keep It Simple Here is my new Keep It Simple System. Chord CPM-2600 amplifier Chord One cd player Acoustat model 1+1 speakers This one is the BIG Acoustat DIY Spectra 8800 all 41x102x20 inches about 800 pounds
  22. MrAcoustat

Need a stereo power amp. but...

Vintage The Best Classe ever made For me here is the best Classe vintage amplifier ever made the DR3-VHC the letters stood for Very High Current i owned one from 1988 to 2000 with 5 different models of Acoustats this was only 45 watts per channel of pure class A power but it could drive ANY...
  23. MrAcoustat

Acoustat Info Please!!!

I know this will not please every one, but i have to say it, you don't need a subwoofer or two with Acoustat's, you realy realy don't, you are much better with quality bass than quantity boom boom bass.
  24. MrAcoustat

Amplitrex AT1000 Tube Tester

Mr. Ian Grant of Grant Fidelity uses the Amplitrex AT-1000 and says lot's of good things about this tester.
  25. MrAcoustat

Classe DR 15

Yes Paul you are right the DR stands for Dave Reich if your Classe does not have the letters DR before the model number it is NOT an original Classe i mean by this Dave Reich was no longer there there are many audiophiles like myself that believe that when Dave Reich left Classe Audio the...
Back
Top Bottom