Search results

1. H

Pioneer Program Selector U-24

I have the U-24 which is great for connecting multiple units and is what dealers used it for in the day. The u-24 is part of the series 20 set. http://www.thevintageknob.org/pioneer-Series_20.html I use it with the C-21 and rotate between amps. I have the SA9800, and 5 of the Pioneer A-series...
  2. H

Connecting SA-9800 components

I have the SA9800 among other pioneer amps. So yes send through the tape loop. I usually expand the sound with the RG and then reverb with the 303 as the 303 really just adds echo. Hunt55
  3. H

Pioneer's top 10 cassette decks are...?

I have the 1250 and 1000. Like the 1250 since you can do so much with it. I also have a CT-90R and CT-A9. 90R is restored and saving money to fix the A9. What do you think of those two decks.
  4. H

Sg-9800.. Rg-2.. Sr-303..hook-up

I concur with the thread. I contributed my comments (Hunt55). I routinely switch out between SA-9800, A-90, A-80, A-70, A-60 and A-40 amps using he same set up but you have and extra Aux 2 with the A-90 and A-80. The U-24 is not needed unless you have multiple cassette decks or other units...
  5. H

Someone recommned me a pioneer amp please

Welcome! Pioneers you may consider the silver era SA-X800 series of amps. You the ability with these amps to control sounds. The SA8800 will give you a lot of power as was noted in the previous responses. I have the SA-9800. I would also look at the A series of Pioneer amps. I have collected...
  6. H

Pioneer Series 20 Repairs

Hello in Glen Burnie. I am in Ashton, Maryland. I have used Just Audio in Baltimore, Maryland. The owner is real cool and they do not mind working on vintage equipment. They actually are a Pioneer Service Center and will restore to factory specs. Did an awesome job on several amps for me...
  7. H

Yes specs on F1250 are better. Just you have to work with it a bit to get down the right settings which can vary with amps, genres of music, etc. But, when you do....... figure it out-nice tapes.
  8. H

Where is heading Pioneer corporation?

I have collected now for 30 years and yes, they appear to do more in the Japanese market and would love to have your experience and will try to make a day stop in Tokyo if I get to that part of the world again. I find the old silver stuff is the best. But it appers they went more general...
  9. H

If you want to have more control and adjust manually, the 1250 has it. Takes time to figure it out. But 1000 is s work horse. If you are looking for auto adjustments, then the CT-90R, and CT-A9 are on it.
  10. H

What's Pioneer in your rig?

Like the set up and very nice, home made rack. Hunt55
  11. H

New to AK

Welcome and your dad had great stuff! Might as well stick with collecting Pioneer. The Pioneer HPM 100 (100 watts or 200 watts) or CS99As would be nice speakers with the Spec amp. Hunt55
  12. H

HPM 100's - 100 watt or 200 watt?

Hmmmm. I have the 200 watts HPMs. I don't know if I would try a 200 watt amp like the A-90 I have with speakers rated at 100 watts. At low watts, probably not much difference in sound. Ex. I do not push my A-90 much with the CS-99s I have rated at 100 watts. Just a thought. Hunt55
  13. H

Finally have a place to display my Pioneer collections. The "Men Cave" is now home to loads of silver collection. My original SYSCOM system is still in use in the family room. All hooked up. Just have to add apple TV and tuck wires. Check out the thumbnail! Hunt55
  14. H

Flatscreen TV to SX-1250?

Hmmmm. Let me unplug the applet TV and see what happens if I go directly from the TV. The HDMI from my TV goes into the apple TV first. Then RCA out from Apple TV to amp.
  15. H

Flatscreen TV to SX-1250?

I use an old apple TV unit (one with RCA in and out) to stream anything that the apple TV captures. It is plugged into a Sony Bravia flatscreen with the typical HDMI cable. The apple TV in internet so it captures such as i-tunes, movie, internet radio, podcasts etc. Then just run the RCA out...
  16. H

pioneer A 20 integrate amp

There is a A-20 Pioneer amp made in the 1980s that is 30 watts. If you see my post under "What's Pioneer in your rig", I have collected five of the A amps including the A-90. They are very strong amps and sound real good. Not as much controls as the SA-9800 so some like to use the old equalizer.
  17. H

Nice start with Pioneer. It takes awhile but it is fun. Just don't have enough funds. Hunt55
  18. H

What are Pioneer's Best CD Players?

I love the P-D70. Yes close to the old school vinyl sound. Great quality built deck also. Hunt55
  19. H

Thanks. Not the best with adding photos to forums.
  20. H

Finally have a rack to hold my Pioneer A amp collection. Have the A-90, A-80, A-70, A-60 and A-40. All in excellent condition. A-70 new in box. Also pictured is the CT-40 new in box that goes with the A-40.
  21. H

Which intg amp?

I took a photo of all the A-amps (A-90 down to A-40). Deck is the CT-40. Hunt55
  22. H

My 1980 Pioneer Syscom component stereo

Looks great and in wonderful shape. My first stab at pioneer was the Syscom system with the SA-1040 amp., timer, turntable, cassette deck, tuner and equalizer. Still have it today with original boxes. Sounds great still. Hunt55
  23. H

Which intg amp?

I am a big integrated amp person. SA-9800, A-90, A-80, A-70, A-60, A-40 and SA-1040. I would try the e-bay route for lower watts amps such as the SA-8800 and SA-7800 or any of the lower A amps if you can find them. Hunt55
  24. H

Which Tuner

I would add the F-90 and I can vouch for the TX-D1000. If you find one the F-26 would be one to research.
  25. H

Help me choose a Vintage pioneer Integrated Amp

Would go with Pioneer CS-99As or HPM-100s (100 or 200 watt version).
Back
Top Bottom