Search results

1. henri-61

Magnavox 1500 Plus Receiver and Pioneer SX-3000 info/help needed

..Well I tell you what B4M..that is true American vintage hi-fi bliss..with a RTR..and those speakers..at that price?!..yowza!..my theory is that Klipsch improved on this design for their Heresy's..I found an okay photo of my Mag 1500plus..and a photo of my also sweet Mag 500 plus..which play's...
  2. henri-61

Magnavox 1500 Plus Receiver and Pioneer SX-3000 info/help needed

..Hello..I'm the guy who drove 300 miles for a mint 1500 Plus..and traded a much fabled..yet feeble sounding Marantz 2270 for it straight up..I'm unable to post photos at the moment..The 1500 had standard black plastic controls (cheaper)..the 1500 Plus had chrome buttons..merely cosmetic...
  3. henri-61

Dynaco A10's? or JBL L20T's?

...on my weekly stumble through my local SA yesterday..I see these speakers with the old woodgrain vinyl with one screw holding each grill on..on sight they looked like typical crap bookshelfs..so I look at the back..sealed with no descriptions at all,just the screw connections but I thought man...
  4. henri-61

Rare: Magnavox matrix stereo??

..just bought a Mag 500 plus..it arrives today and I am quite excited..pictures coming asap..I have a 1500 plus that I truly love..as far as the Matrix goes..it is the rarest of all Magnavox's..same as the unit I'm getting,but with a blue face..covet that sucker..I lost out on one in Fla. last...
  5. henri-61

Olson Electronics RA-220

Olson ....if it's from the 70's..has a pulse,and there's wood involved..you don't throw it out..I have some interesting and pretty much unseen Olson gear..2 rec. and a set of Teledyne Olson bookshelfs that sound insanely good..I will post some pics soon and revive this grandpa thread..
  6. henri-61

What is it so special about fisher 250t?

....very sensitive volume knob that pounces with one hell of a big foot for such a small unit..very well built..perfect tonality range that really compliments vintage audiophile grade speakers..30 wpc that sounds like 50..the last years US made 250t-450t and 500tx are battleships that blow...
  7. henri-61

Favorite Drummers?

My Favorite Drummers Ringo..Charlie..Scott Ashton..Bruford..Buddy..Neil..Art..Vinny..Bonzo..M.Giles..I.Wallace..Ian Paice..Paul Thomson..B.Benjamin..Pistol Allen..Stevie Wonder..J.Brailey..Tiki Fulwood..M.Gaye..C.Wackerman..Yogi Horton..R.Lawson..NM Walden..Thomas Wydler..Hunt Sales..A.Van...
  8. henri-61

KLH Model 23 -- A Very Pleasant Surprise

...Howdy all..In the spring I worked on the home of a 100+ some yr. old lady..she went into a ret. home in MD. in 2-12'..very dry house..so bad that 3000 books and 3000 records (giant 8 record booklets of bad 40's-50's opera) had to be pitched because of dry rot..she lived there for 36 yrs..150...
  9. henri-61

KLH Model 23 -- A Very Pleasant Surprise

KLH 23's ..I've recently fell into a mint pair of these..another little old lady story where they and a Fisher 500tx sat unused (literally perhaps ever)..in an apartment of a woman who is now 105 yrs. old..on the bank of the East river at the foot of the Brooklyn bridge..she was a pianist for...
  10. henri-61

got a really nice pioneer SX-6000 need help with burned out lights

Pioneer SX 6000-QX 8000 These units from 70-72' have it all for Pioneer..their best bass tone,tuning power and frankly they look great..Pioneer IMO blew it after that and their tone got weak and bland throughout the line..these are different and they sound great..otherwise to the Pioneer...
  11. henri-61

Sansui 5000X....Worth???

5000x ..advancement in sound technology and the ninny sensibilities about progress after about 76', entering the full on digital age,diminished that very important (to me anyway) aspect of fidelity..the being there feel that comes from analog,sustain and room sound..body..that never ending...
  12. henri-61

Sansui 5000X....Worth???

5000x ..well for those of us who are single and can screw around for years searching thru bins,SA's,yard sales and ebay etc.to participate in this fine hobby..my first unit was a Marantz 2325 in 98' and I had it for 6 years..my speakers have always been Pioneer cs-88a's and Dynaco A35's with an...
  13. henri-61

Black Face Pioneer SX-770 ? ...

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/images/smilies/banana.gif..Nova's..another vastly underrated line..
  14. henri-61

Black Face Pioneer SX-770 ? ...

Beautiful..I would really like to get my hands on one of these..it is the one fidelity unit I don't have and there is nothing else in vintage I need to explore..I am worn out..(well..maybe some Burhoes..any color would be nice)..but this I will find..With this receiver having so much inside...
  15. henri-61

Sansui Model 400 receiver? Anyone?

Sansuuuuiiii Model 400 Let's shake some dust off of this lil' doggie..My 1969 Model 400 is a nice unit..perhaps a victim of pre-revolutionary developments like a tuner mute and the ability to run 2 sets at a time..A OR B makes little sense..Everything else is classic Sansui..more power than...
  16. henri-61

Magnavox 1500 Receiver......Not Bad!

I let this sit for 6 wks. while I ran some other stuff that's been sitting..and I really haven't listened to it's tuner abilities within the challenging nyc frequency clutter..and I'm beginning to see an even higher degree of quality than my initial emotionally charged surprise when I first got...
  17. henri-61

Magnavox 1500 Plus I've run it about 6 hrs. a day for a week..and not so much as even a burp..snuggy warm and pleasant..the face up close has no atmospheric anything on it period..nothing even around the phone port..the springs in all the buttons are darn near military in performance and...
  18. henri-61

Magnavox 1500 Plus ..and the rear..notice the 2-4 channel button that I believe sends to the rears, but is not quad of course, and also the damn phono channel evidently needs a by-passing due to not having a Maggie phonograph plugged in,it shuts off automatically on phono, which is strange as...
  19. henri-61

Magnavox 1500 Plus Well..here it is..I'm a humble guy..I don't leave a mess..and I'm nice to cat's..and I love my audio like no woman ever..especially the irreplaceable fidelity from the era of 68'-73'..I've bumbled about with every gosh darn piece of vintage hi-fi known to man and have been on...
  20. henri-61

I just drove 300 mi. to score a Magnavox 1500 plus that looks like the above unit w/out the wood grain..with an analog dial,not the dti..I have never,ever seen this unit and it has the production run number 1 on it (prob. means nothing).It is in beyond mint and it sounds beyond bitchin'..photos...
  21. henri-61

Kenwood KR-3130 question

I once restored a 2120 and I was very impressed with it..actually 1971 is the sweetest sweet spot year in vintage audio..for whatever reason..EVERYBODY made their BEST products in 71'.. All the basic food groups-Sansui's-Kenny's-Laffy's-Sony-Revoxy-Dynamo A35-cc88a-and soon to arrive a..1971...
  22. henri-61

Pioneer CS-88A Speakers

What is this..the twilight zone?..88a's,played thru proper vintage units are an extraordinary broad range speaker..I've had L100's,Legacy's..sp-x's and 17's and I've kept the 88a's..if you run NAD dung thru them, they're no big deal..thru a Sansui 1000a or a 5000x they are great..Brubeck to King...
  23. henri-61

Anyone have info on a Olson RA 195

Great googly-moogly!!...I have one..got it in the free pile of a garage sale last summer in Highland Mi.,It is now absotutly mint and residing at a friends in Birmingham..I will post photos asap..(just fer yuks)..I would imagine this was their top unit from 71'-72' (?) ..This is a roughly 30-35...
  24. henri-61

Sony STR-6046a - This noob's first scroe?

When Sony got it right ,they got it really right..I'll line up my 7065A against any unit that isn't marked 2275...I sold a Mac 1900 and kept the Sony..they are that good...easily the best $150..500 dollar receiver in vintage hi-fi..superior tuners..great looking and a honkin' power supply
Back
Top Bottom