Search results

1. zeplin43

Osawa OS 101 Moving Induced Cartridge

The main reason for opening this thread is first its making me enjoy spinning my lps and very little info availible on this cart,and i am having a great time spinning some lps on this excelent IMHO cart. Its been spinning for some 30/40 hours on my Kenwood KD 990 TT and it has blended into a...
  2. zeplin43

Bi Amp or another pair of speakers?

What would be the best improvent in sound quality? Buying a another amp to Bi amp my 3 way Magnat 607 towers.I like these Magnat and they sound very good to me. or buying another pair of speakers (4 speakers total) This is the gear that i have to use: Yamaha 1020 amp Vintage Magnat 607...
  3. zeplin43

Your best Stylus/Cart/Tonearm/TT combo for not so good Lps

Well guys i think this is an issue that will be common to many of us here,how to listen to a lp that has visible damage but has a sentimental value for you,or that you somehow bought and cannot get another copy at a reasonable price now that on this side of the Atlantic everything related...
  4. zeplin43

What Stanton Carts do i have?They need a stylus.

Guys Sorry for the pic quality but my camera has been hijacked by the young ones so i had to use my mobile and this is the best i could do. Well ive been googling to see if i could identify these carts so that i can buy a stylus for the 2 silver ones but i am confused. The only information...
  5. zeplin43

Buying budget speakers

Hi there i have only now started to read about speakers and i am confused(very confused 5 kinds of tweeters???) with so much variety and prices. I am on a budget of 500$(450€) for a 2nd setup and i hear mostly heavy metal on Vinyl. Buying in the US is out of question because of customs so...
  6. zeplin43

What can i do with these Boxes? (DIY project)

Hi there Akers I am putting together a vintage setup Yamaha A1020 amp Jvc QL Y5 turntable and i have these (what once where my first speakers) since 1975. I got them 2nd hand and they where home made. I have kept them because they are solid Wood with mdf back and front panel. They are...
  7. zeplin43

JVC QL-Y5F Turntable electro-dynamic servo tonearm?

Another one i caught floating around for sale and i pulled the trigger.sorry guys but ive been hit by the TT fever (3) What do you guys think of this TT How will the JVC QL-Y5F stand up to the Denon DP 57L - Kenwood KD 990 - JVC QL F6 They all have a sme type headshell that i like easy to...
  8. zeplin43

Kenwood KD-990 Quartz Direct Drive?

Well i have the possibility of getting this Kenwood KD 990 TT in VG condition with original Kenwood centre stabilizing ring weight and side brush .Is this in the same league as the Denon 57L?
  9. zeplin43

Denon DP-57L Turntable

Well i could not resist and pulled the trigger on this TT the 5th to join the mancave. I am going to face a problem that i would like some advice from you guys if possible. This TT works with 110 volts and here in Portugal we have 220v current,What is the best solution for this problem? It...
  10. zeplin43

How does Cold Temperature affect Tubes Performance?

My first winter with my Yaqin ms 12b pre amp. The sound has got more harsh to my ears,only change is it is now very cold. Would be interesting to know what you guys have exprienced in similar conditions.
  11. zeplin43

Connecting Tri Wiring Speakers

Hi guys, I have the Technics SH-EH760 with 2 speakers tri wiring speakers What I would like to know is how can i connect these to a classic Yamaha A1020 amp? They have 3 speaker cables going from each speaker. Here are some photos
  12. zeplin43

STANTON MK 671E MICRO-FLUXVALVE Cartridge

Ive had this used cartridge not knowing its reference for a couple of months now sounds good but i suspect it needs a new stylus so looking for a stylus i came across this one that is the same as mine...
  13. zeplin43

Service manuals, schematics, documentation (Free)

have found this very usefull to get technical information on my gear.May be usefull to the AK community. http://fileshare.eshop.bg/downloadsm/47598/JVC_QLF6.html
  14. zeplin43

Yamaha A 1020 Questions

http://cgi.ebay.de/Yamaha-A-1020-High-End-Class-A-Verstarker-schwarz-/120569335901?cmd=ViewItem&pt=DE_Elektronik_Computer_TV_Video_Elektronik_Verst%C3%A4rker&hash=item1c127e105d Photos if you scroll down the page. I have just put my hands on the yamaha and it has several features that i am...
  15. zeplin43

Help me identify Cartridges in the fotos

Please can you help me id these Cartridges? Most important whould be to know what stylus will fit so that i can hear them play? 1-Realistic PMount 2-Audio Technica??? 3- Shure?? shank to thick to fit the hole 4- Shure?? shank to thick to fit the hole
  16. zeplin43

DIY Outer Ring + Weight (W/photos)

Well having all the information available in this great forum i came to the conclusion that these 2 acessories where worth a try. http://www.soundfountain.com/amb/ttring.html So i decided to make them with the help of a local Fit & turner and that has the machinery to perform the task...
  17. zeplin43

TP4 cartridges

I have now a few of these Cartridges but none of them have the PMOUNT adaptor to secure to the headshell.I have been trying to buy the adapter by itself but have not found any for sale. Does anyone have a clue where i can find a universal TP4 adapter(without cart)? Of these p mount carts whitch...
  18. zeplin43

And They Say Vinyl is Dead

Ive been keeping an eye on TTs,but they are with such demand that i can tell you that almost every one has been sold and at prohibited prices,Especialy the good ones. This goes for every thing to do with VINYL(carts,Headshell,stylus,etc) you name it everything has a buyer. I have to admit that...
  19. zeplin43

SONY PS-313 FA Turntable Information Please

I have the posibility of buying this Sony turntable.There is little or no information for it(not even VE) have any of you any experience with it.
  20. zeplin43

WOW New TT

Lets see if it is the title: http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=281947
  21. zeplin43

Jvc ql -f6

Well guys a was looking for an upgade for my Pioneer entry TT,and found this Jvc that caught my attention right away lets see if it can compete with the 1210 MKII.Well its still has to arrive lets see how that part goes! There is not a lot of info on this table but what i read was enough to make...
  22. zeplin43

Cartridge Shootout do you agree?

Always googling for information i came across this Text comparing several popular Cartridges. I found it very interesting because it helped me understand more on cartridges I cant verify the information because my knowlege on All aspects regarding sound are pure amature. However it would...
  23. zeplin43

YAQIN SD-32A Vacuum Valve Tube Output HDCD Player

Well guys i received this cd player today together with the Yakin MS 12B pre amp and it has put me in a daze.:drool:The combination of both has put my audio gear to much higher level.I can already say that it is worthwhile investment. This yakin is precise and reviels every detail in the...
  24. zeplin43

YAQIN MS-12B Vacuum Valve MM Pre-Amplifier

Hi guys my first post on this section although i have been around AK on TT section for a while Great forum lots of qualified inf,THKS Also my audio component knowlege is limited to hearing the music so Ohms,Voltage etc is chinesss to me.So mind the beginners questions. Well i ordered a YAQIN...
  25. zeplin43

Shure M75 Ed II needs a new stylus.

Hi guys just got hold of a shure m75 ed 2 cart but it needs a new stylus.What is the best stylus for this cart. Can you please give your opinion on how does this cart perform. Im so hooked in trying new carts is this vice comon to you guys?
Back
Top Bottom