Search results

1. beedub

anyone experienced "snapping" in their system after a Loki mini EQ? or otherwise?

Hello, I have a Rotel RTC850 preamp into a Bryston 3bst, and added a Schitt Audio Loki mini eq between them years ago. it's great. the first Loki didn't work right, causing loud "snaps" through the speakers. It was replaced right away by them and has worked well for many years. now it gets a bit...
  2. beedub

need help with Technics RS-T60R dual cassette

Hi, after cleaning and fiddling It works except for the rewind- which sometimes works depending on the cassette- but not reliably. It looks like new belts would be needed, i have tried to clean the belt wheels where accessible and things improved. weird tilting drive wheel for ff/rew. Can...
  3. beedub

can anyone find me listings for belts +/or a service manual for a JVC TD-W707 cassette deck?

it has great sound and the rare occasional scratchy whirring sound. I want to renew the belts and rollers if possible but would prefer not to have to take it apart to get the sizes which i might get wrong. can anyone help me with the belt listings and or rollers? Is this deck the same drive...
  4. beedub

panasonic multi dvd player F-87 service manual?

good one! btw i use a Schiit Loki 4 band eq on my big system, it is without any noise whatsoever and does a great job of making "wifely" volumes balanced sounding. First one was faulty but replaced quickly.
  5. beedub

thanks, I had seen that but am looking for the Service manual. Any ideas?
  6. beedub

has anyone got this or a link to it? Thanks, BW
  7. beedub

Connoisseur BD2-A rubber motor mount advice needed

this is what mine looks like. what do the black tubes on the side do? i get that the pin is for some sort of rubber band restrainer. the model is a BD2 A. I have some lovely new rubber that is the same thickness and feels the same durometer and will make a triangular mount to try it. does the...
  8. beedub

thank you very much, does anyone have a pic of the motor unit installed? are there any screws or something that go into the two black long tubes on the side? the motor is held in place with two self tapping screws into the motor mounting plate. what is the purpose of the platic bacnd - i see the...
  9. beedub

Connoisseur BD2 A rubber motor mount advice needed - the original mounts are totally shot although there is a little bit left so I can see what they might be like. Has anyone successfully made mounts for them? TIA https://www.vinylengine.com/library/con ... /bd2.shtml
  10. beedub

Hey Sony Fans...Question

with it I drive a custom set of ported speakers i made to a specific design with 9" airbornes and a classic phillips tweeter. amazing good.
  11. beedub

Akai AM-2800 phono 2 impedance switch setting?

On my restored Akai AM-2800, there is a slider switch on the back for setting the phono 2 impedance. choices are 100K, 47K and 33K -what is the average normal setting for something basic like a shure M95? is this cartridge only related? looks like it.
  12. beedub

Scrap my STR7055A?

It Lives! thanks to some incredibly patient help from another audio enthusiast. i had to dig out my 40 year past electronics skills, it only hurt a little. thank you so much! It had two likely things in the preamp section - two caps that may have been weak, and maybe the solder pin joints on the...
  13. beedub

Scrap my STR7055A?

I think"worth fixing, repairing" is only worth it if you know what needs done and it is affordable. I'd really like to fix it if possible, anyone got any suggestions?
  14. beedub

Hey Sony Fans...Question

My STR 6800, bought in college, is still with me after one large cap repair and lube/deoxit. it is still one of the best units I have ever heard. About 15 years ago a friend when moving gave me! his STR6800SD, i sold it thinking i already had one and the cover needed painting, dang.
  15. beedub

Scrap my STR7055A?

I recently got given a STR 7055a in cosmetically good shape. It has good sound on the right but very weak (controllable by the volume knob) sound on the left channel. Cleaned, deoxidised, the balance when turned is still only a weak sound on the left side. no obviously bad controls. Going...
  16. beedub

Anybody have any info on these?

i have a chance to buy Toshiba CS 737 speakers in the next 30 hours- any thoughts? thanks.
  17. beedub

on/off switch for pioneer SX-7730, 737 needed

it is going, at cost only, to a nice quadriplegic gentleman who loves old stereo.
  18. beedub

Thanks very much. I was able, while nervously sweating, to fix it I could see that the front lever was able to move a tiny bit, and the plunger on the switch behind it was seriously stuck. Thought of taking the switch apart but.... Since it was so frozen, figured nothing to lose by trying to...
  19. beedub

Hi, I have come into a BLACK face 7730 in mint condition except for a frozen on off switch, off. not sure how to find the correct part, i saw the manual but a) am not sure what is the right descriptor b) where to get it? thanks.
  20. beedub

Sanyo TP 1005 turntable has the cueing damping gone. help?

A new old Sanyo TP 1005 turntable has the cueing damping gone- it claims there is viscous damping, but it is no longer functioning. Has anyone replaced the fluid? I have the correct heavy fluids but don't know how to do this one. I'm not sure how to get the piston or whatever out. Don't want to...
  21. beedub

? replace a Nagoaka MP30 cartridge stylus or...

? replace a Nagoaka MP30 cartridge stylus or... Just wondering whether this is a good cartridge, it sounds ok, I am pretty sure the needle should be replaced, it came on a Panta 340 with the straight variable length tonearm. anyone familiar with it? is it as good as a M95e? M97? thoughts?
  22. beedub

Sony PS-4300 cueing fluid..?

Wayner, I tried 300K grease on a technics, too thin. the 500,000cs can be ordered from hobby shops- it is Radio Controlled Car differential grease. That made the tonearm on the Technics drop perfect. Very thick.
  23. beedub

Sony PS-4300 cueing fluid..?

Thanks, Sam. I looked at it briefly tonight but it seemed to catch on something as i tried to pull it out. it came a little. .Will try again later. did you take anything else off or loosen something or?? also, i cannot see my gears etc, did you take the cover off them? mine has the plastic...
  24. beedub

any info on Panasonic Re-7354 receiver phono input? input ok, not MM capable.

looks like a 60's model, tone control vs. treble/bass, works well except phono input only responds to line input. I seem to remember that means it only responds to a very early style record player, not moving magnet. Could that be? it works fine with line input into the phono but a MM TT is...
Back
Top Bottom