Search results

1. Azimuth

Pics of your listening space

The sideboard is gorgeous.
  2. Azimuth

Shure V15 MK III Stylus Condition?

The only problem is the stylus and suspension-NOT the cartridge itself. Don’t confuse the two. The cartridge should be fine. Just get a new stylus as recommended above.
  3. Azimuth

Technics SL-Q3 replacement cartridge

The Q3 is not a P-mount.
  4. Azimuth

Ken Fritz: His "Million Dollar System" ends in sadness

https://www.washingtonpost.com/style/interactive/2024/ken-fritz-greatest-stereo-auction-cost/?itid=hp-top-table-main_p001_f009 Mod Note: already covered here at https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/ken-fritz-possibly-the-greatest-system-in-the-world.965555/#post-14923003
  5. Azimuth

Replacement stylus for Technics SL-1500

Thanks for your correction of my suggestions. Yes, the old AT will work I have two of them. I was simply saying that spending money on knock-off styli is one option, while spending the same money on a relatively cheap, but new Audio Technica cartridge is another. Whatever styli may be purchased...
  6. Azimuth

Pioneer flea market find. My first system. I’m hooked.

What business are you in?
  7. Azimuth

The cartridge is actually the single most important thing in your system. Nothing else is worth spending on if the cartridge isn’t up to the job. Those Audio Technica cartridges were the bottom of the line for Audio Technica, although there is an expensive Shibata one that was good, but now not...
  8. Azimuth

They made endless versions of this cartridge with different numbers and all take a wide variety of styli from the same “ family.” But this is a very basic cartridge and you need to buy a “ better” stylus to get good sound. Why not spend the money on a new Audio Technica cartridge? They are...
  9. Azimuth

Pioneer flea market find. My first system. I’m hooked.

Nice, but turntable on top of receiver not so good.
  10. Azimuth

Your Pick: Best Album front to back with no filler

Carole King-Tapestry, Cat Stevens-Tea for the Tillerman, The Band-first and second albums ((Big Pink and Brown Album), Gordon Lightfoot-Sit Down Young Stranger, Roxy Music-Avalon, Crosby Stills, Nash (and Young) first two albums, anything by the Beatles, but especially Sgt Pepper.
  11. Azimuth

A Blues treasure trove

https://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/music/2023/10/14/smithsonian-folkways-robert-mccormick/
  12. Azimuth

How to use washer when mounting cartridges?

Can you explain how to know which ones and what kind of isolation?
  13. Azimuth

How to use washer when mounting cartridges?

I have sets of cartridge mounting screws and nuts, as well as tiny washers in plastic and metal. How necessary are the washers and where should they be placed? I assume they avoid hum and feedback. Are there grounding issues? What type are best? Thanks.
  14. Azimuth

Any thoughts on te Hudson “dust bug?”

I see this item at a decent price on Amazon. In days of yore I had a Watts dust bug. But not for years. Is this item any good or worth having? See picture. Thanks.
  15. Azimuth

Tell me about the Audio Technica AT 96E.

I have an AT96E in my collection ad I’m wondering where it fits in the line of AT cartridges. I assume it’s above the AT11E. It seems that it takes an AT12XE stylus, which is good quality. I would need to buy one. Are there other suggestions? What type of arm fits best with this cartridge? Or...
  16. Azimuth

Shure replacement styli: Vividline vs Tonar?

I don’t imagine that JICO is on the brink of bankruptcy. If JICO were the only option, many people would just forget the whole vinyl thing. Growing up with vinyl, everybody had it. It’s not a hobby for the rich, nor is it about snobbism. Equipment is fine and all that, but it’s really about the...
  17. Azimuth

Just want to know what’s out there in the big hi-fi world.
  18. Azimuth

Your question is the background to this post. Most people say JICO is the best bet, but it seems to me that they can’t be the only solution. Their prices are out of sight for people without large budgets, especially in non-US dollars. The idea of a fun hobby and enjoying the music becomes more...
  19. Azimuth

I do have a NOS Shure M97HE and still find it better than aftermarket styli. I got it on the auction site as part of one of those Shure M97HE-AH integrated headshell-cartridge combos. The headshell hummed, but the stylus was fine. I got it for very little, but they are expensive...
  20. Azimuth

I came across this 2018 thread, in which the OP says that JICO supplies LP Gear and Tonar, but I know that there will be differences of opinion. https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/the-world-of-aftermarket-styli.744628/
  21. Azimuth

I see positive reviews of Vividline (Lp Gear) and Bliss (Turntable Needles.) In both cases they claim to be made in Japan. Does anyone think JICO makes them? Are they all mediocre?
  22. Azimuth

For Shure V15 III HE and M97HE I have been looking at LpGear Vividline and Tonar from DaCapo in Denmark. I am interested in HE in both. I do seeTonar on eBay, often from Europe. Both companies say Japanese made. Whether it’s JICO isn’t certain. Some people will just tell me to buy JICO. Thanks...
Back
Top Bottom