Search results

1. B

Ozark Mountain Daredevils---"Don't Look Down"

Ozark Mountain Daredevils "Don't Look Down" 1977 A&M Records Genre: I guess I would call it "Country-Pop." Produced by David Kershenbaum Remarkably clean considering its age. Mostly so-so vocals. They overreached their talents. Songs like this require excellent vocals and strong...
  2. B

FM Discrete 4-Channel

Does anyone know of a use for FM Discrete 4-Channel? My Onkyo TX-8500 Mk II has an output on the back for FM Discrete 4-Channel. Is this one of those technological fossils that will never, ever be of the slightest use in our lifetimes? (I think there is a 99.9999% chance this is true.)...
  3. B

REO Speedwagon -- Hi Infidelity

Artist: REO Speedwagon Title: Hi Infidelity Year released: 1980 (Well, at least that is the copyright date.) Label: Epic (Manufacturer) CBS Inc. (Copyright) Genre: I call it "Light Rock with some Country/Western" LP---Vinyl---Stereo, FE 36844 REVIEW: Ten Songs... Don't...
  4. B

Transcribing 78 RPM to Digital.

I searched for "78" and "78 RPM" and the search returned no results, hence this thread. If this topic has been done to death somewhere, please give me the link and delete this thread. Otherwise, here goes... I have some old 78 RPM records---maybe 25 albums, totaling maybe 100 individual...
  5. B

Ian Carr's Nucleus -- "In Flagrante Delicto"

Artist: Ian Carr's Nucleus Title: "In Flagrante Delicto" Year: Recorded 02/06/1977, mixed 02/28/1977 and 03/01/1977, copyright 1977 and 1978. Record Label: Capitol Genre: Jazz; Jazz Fusion with the emphasis on Jazz Review in my own words: The LP offers four pieces...
  6. B

Stevie Wonder -- Journey Through The Secret Life Of Plants

Artist: Stevie Wonder Title: Journey Through The Secret Life Of Plants Release Date: 1979 or 1980 (I think; the copyright says 1979...) Released on Tamla -- Motown (I think; the label says Tamla, the copyright says Motown.) Genre: Partly movie soundtrack; partly additional material...
  7. B

Kenwood KX-1030 cassette deck--Scratchy sound.

I bought a non-functional Kenwood KX-1030 Cassette Deck recently. When I opened it up, I saw it needed new belts---the old ones had turned into slimy, sticky, black goo. I bought a new belt kit, installed the belts... Plugged it in, turned it on, slapped in a cassette... It played, and...
  8. B

Anyone recommend these Onkyo speakers?

I have a chance to pick up a pair of Onkyo Fusion AV S-37 speakers for under $100.00. They look to be in great condition, and are available locally, so no shipping.:D How much wattage can these speakers handle? I could drive them with either a 40 WPCH, 60 WPCH, or 160 WPCH receiver. Is...
  9. B

Watt meters: Questions.

Hi. I have several late-1970s Onkyo receivers. They range from 40 WPCh to 160 WPCh. I feel it would be cool to have some sort of performance displays for these receivers. For example, a pair of output watt meters, or some rows of LEDs that go on or off as the output wattage rises and...
  10. B

Been around, just got around...

Hi... I have been a member of AK for several months but did not realize <sheepish grin> that there was this neat "Introductions" forum. I bought my stereo back in 1978. It included the following: Onkyo TX 2500 Mk II Receiver, Kenwood KX 830 Cassette Deck, Dual 1237 TT (the earlier model...
  11. B

Need advice on Dual 1257 and CS 620Q Headshell-Cartridge-Stylus swaps

I have two Dual turntables: a 1257 and a CS620Q. I have two MicroAcoustics 282e styli, complete with cartridges. One is mounted in a MicroAcoustics headshell. I would like to install the two MA 282e cartridge/styli on the two turntables. Is it possible to install the MA 282e on the 1257...
Back
Top Bottom