Search results

1. stoutblock

Join date and oldest posts?

I was curious how long I’ve been on AK. Was not able to easily find the information so searched for my oldest post. The oldest I could find was 2015 and I know I’ve been active here way before that? Am I having a senior moment or was there a purge at some time?
  2. stoutblock

N. E. W. Amplifier?

Anyone ever heard of this amplifier? Says hand made in California. Can’t find any information on it out there.
  3. stoutblock

Vannessa Fernandez

I recently discovered this artist and thought I would share. She is from Singapore and I guess Ying Tan, president of the Groove Note Record label, heard her on a YouTube video and brought her to L.A. I really don't know why I have not come across her years ago but I find her vocal...
  4. stoutblock

Looking for a balanced (in/out) headphone amp that also has speaker output?

I'm looking for options for a decent balanced headphone amplifier that also has speaker terminals. It would have to have fairly high output, enough to drive a couple of small desktop speakers and prefer SS. I don't need an internal DAC and would rather not have one. I have found a few options...
  5. stoutblock

Problems with Sony XF-1000xm4 ear buds?

I’ve had these ear buds for almost two years now and really like them. Problem is that recently the left bud will not hold a charge. 20 minutes max. Doing some searching it appears this is a common issue with these? No reliable fix from Sony yet? There are several YouTube videos on the...
  6. stoutblock

Where to get custom HDMI cable for i2s?

I'm not even sure how to read this output and input for i2s over HDMI. I tried a standard HDMI cable with no luck. Should it work or do I need to create a custom one? How is this normally done?
  7. stoutblock

Help with password???

I have a new computer and want to access AK but I seem to have forgotten my password. I have it remembered on my old computer which is what I am using to post this. I tried 'forgot password' link on my login page but never get an email. Checked my email and it is correct. Nothing in spam...
  8. stoutblock

complete tape project collection

I have no affiliation and I know posting items for sale is not officially per the rules but thought this is worthy of note for us tapeheads... In case any of you have very deep pockets this is probably a once in a lifetime opportunity...
  9. stoutblock

AT95E vs AT440MLb vs M44-7

What's the verdict on comparing these carts? TT is a fresh SL1210MKII with the usual mods and Phono stage is in a C-2x. All three carts are NOS just broken in.
  10. stoutblock

Pink Floyd, Shure, Technics, Yamaha, Soliloquy, Taxes

I'm stuck in my office doing taxes this weekend and decided to make the best of it by spinning some vinyl on my office system. Technics SL1210MKII TT with the typical mods, Yamaha C-2x pre, Yamaha B-2 amp, Soliloquy SAT 5 and SVS SB-2000 sub. Great system that I really enjoy. I typically use...
  11. stoutblock

Nakamichi System One Point One

Or an iPod dock depending on your perspective. I have been collecting Nakamichi System One and 6xx equipment for many years now. The pandemic was an excuse to spend some serious time on building a special stack. All components totally gone through. The 600II deck is actually 100% new and...
  12. stoutblock

Recommendation regarding NAD D3045?

I have a very close friend who asked for my help. She just bought a lake house as a second home and wants to be able to play music. The home already is wired with some passive stereo speakers in the ceiling. She has no appreciation for hi-fi or complicated components. She wants to be able to...
  13. stoutblock

Gustard X26pro

My digital journey has evolved to the point now that I doubt my ears are capable of hearing any better performance. I just picked up Gustard's latest TOTL DAC and it is stellar! Although I was less than pleased with early Sabre chips, I am quite fond of the ESS9038pro chip. My Oppo UDP-205...
  14. stoutblock

which O scope?

So I want to get one of these O scope that plug into a lap top. Pretty much a novice when it come to scopes but I am a fast learner. So hoping one of you guys can set me in the right direction. I assume I need at least a 2 channel to work with stereo? I will be using to check various stereo...
  15. stoutblock

Songs/Albums for our times

I am a product of the 60s. Music from the time was a big part of a cultural revolution that I like to believe occurred during this period of our nation’s history? Not meaning this thread to be political, so please don’t allow it to be so. Let the music speak for itself. What songs/albums in...
  16. stoutblock

50th anniversary Abbey Road

OK, I have listened to this new album about three times now. I greatly enjoyed the Sgt. Pepper’s 50th and the White Album 50th remixes. Sgt. Pepper’s finally had a great stereo mix and the White Album really sounded mostly like the original mix only newer sounding (if that makes sense?). The...
  17. stoutblock

ADS M20

Not sure if many are aware of these speakers? I just mention them because they are very rare and some of the last TOTL speakers the company made. There are a pair on the bay right now but no shipping and located in NY. I know this is not per site rules but they are so very rare and AK'rs...
  18. stoutblock

Most listened to album in your lifetime?

What one album have you listened to the most in your lifetime? Not necessarily your most favorite (although it may be). As for me it is a tough call. There is Led Zeppelin IV, Hotel California, Rumors, I Robot and Aja all of which I have warn out several records each over the years. It may...
  19. stoutblock

A mister pig came for a visit

The fellow Northwest AK'er Mister Pig came by for a visit yesterday to listen to some tunes wile we drank a couple of beers and talked audio. He is every bit the audio geek he portrays on AK. Considering the rain and mud outside, he did not track any in and was not near as messy as I was...
  20. stoutblock

Finalizing the system with power cables

I’ve been building my main system now for several years and finally got it to the point I think I am at my end game. One of my pet peeves is having well routed cables with no excess clutter. It is just one of those things that bug me. I had Mike at Avanti audio make all my custom length...
  21. stoutblock

Found another B-2

I got lucky to find another really nice B-2 locally. Very nice, all original and from what I can tell it has never been touched. I am the third owner and the second owner has been running it for the last 6 months. I guess the original owner had it in storage for many years. Since the guy had...
  22. stoutblock

Sgt. Peppers one more time

Yes, I know. We have heard it all before. Like most everyone, I’m not totally thrilled about the musical stature of this album but the technical quality of the recording itself is a milestone in the industry. Also like most everyone else, I prefer the mono version of the original recording...
  23. stoutblock

What Beverage and Music are you enjoying this Summer???

Hope everyone is enjoying the summer? Sorry if you are all wet and/or on fire :( Beautiful here in the NW! Enjoying some ice cold Silver City Brewery Tropic Haze India Pale Ale from Bremerton, WA along with my pre-recorded cassette collection of Tom Petty played on my Nakamichi Dragon.
  24. stoutblock

Enjoying the office system!

Like many of you, I have two systems in my home. One main system and another system in my office. My main system is awesome, and absorbs most of my audio budget but my office system typically gets more use so I try to give it some equipment attention also. I am typically busy doing other...
  25. stoutblock

Akai GX-635D no sound in reverse?

My very low hour Akai suddenly has no sound in reverse. Before I tear into it I thought I would check here to see if anyone has been here before? Sounds great forward and tape moves fine in reverse, just no sound. I assume it is some sort of relay or switch that picks up the signal from the...
Back
Top Bottom