Search results

1. H

3/23/24 - 1PM Northern Chicago/Southern WI Get-Together?

Yes, I can. I will bring my off-beat jokes, as usual. No cheap or stolen equipment this time.
  2. H

3/23/24 - 1PM Northern Chicago/Southern WI Get-Together?

Well, I have a lifetime membership. Really. How are the cats and the dog?
  3. H

Pioneer M-90 service bulletin

I'm listening to it right now :) After a proper rebuild, I would wonder - where it would end after my demise..
  4. H

You replaced big ones, too? Cans @12000uF.
  5. H

Depends on many factors, like room acoustics, wiring, speakers, etc. For purely amplifier perspective I would rebuild the main power supply section if there is a perceived lower frequencies deficit which can be attributed to dried main caps, bad relays and so on. I would test the amp with a...
  6. H

100pf miller caps at the pre-drivers 119/121 negate the speed of 1145/2705. 1145/2705 are probably better audio transistors (noise, linearity, etc), but could not dissipate enough power at 115/117 position. Will switching 1013/2383 change sound signature? Very hard to answer.
  7. H

Pioneer M90 Schematic Discrepancy

In the case that pre-drivers are blown through, PA0016 will get full rail voltage. Pff. I have encountered that. M-91 did omit these diodes too. When rebuilding, small TO-92 heatsinks on all hot m90/m91 pre-drivers are helpful somewhat. Like Aavid 5752,5753, Wakefield 292, etc.
  8. H

PD-91 and a shout out to Hennessy

Less concave side is up. Webs have plenty of pictures for reference. Your pickup is 1030. There will be yellowish residue on the lens and housing to match with. I scrape this off before final mating. There is a flat edge on the lens to help maintain original alignment. There are videos on...
  9. H

PD-91 and a shout out to Hennessy

Thank you. The hats are awesome.
  10. H

Pioneer PD-65 Questions

If you still want to fix it, then PM me. I might do it.
  11. H

Pioneer PD-65 Questions

I guess nothing is available. Scavenging might help, or improvising. The mechanism needs to be at certain height in order to track properly. The tray probably needs disassembly for the inspection.
  12. H

What are Pioneer's Best CD Players?

PD-73 does employ magnetic clamp in it's mechanism. No need to "update".
  13. H

Pioneer pd 8500 repair

No lens, no turn.
  14. H

Ranking of Pioneer Urushi CD Players??

Have/had all of those. Avoid PD73 - pickup assembly problematic, and unobtainable. The other three are very good - same pickup, same spindle motor, different build, and DACs.
  15. H

PIONEER PD-T07A CD player

Same as PD-75
  16. H

Pioneer m-90 door hinges 3d printed......

Me, too. Hi Tom.
  17. H

Pioneer Pd75 how to lock lens for shipping??

It is at the bottom. See user manual.
  18. H

Anybody use a Siglent Technologies SDS1202X-E 200 mhz

MSO stands for Mixed Signal Oscilloscope. They can do digital (usually through proprietary interface - $option$), and analog concurrently, or simultaneously.
  19. H

PD-65 lens popped out - how to re-glue it back in?

Good. No cements, glues etc. Pioneer used some water based glue which weakens over time due to humidity. Any glue with hydrocarbon volatile compounds may fog the lens. That is why epoxy.
  20. H

Anybody use a Siglent Technologies SDS1202X-E 200 mhz

I used SDS1104X-E. It's OK for audio. Currently using SDS2204X Plus. 10bit resolution makes quite a difference. I also own Tek 2247A and the venerable 2465B 400Mhz. Most of my audio work I did was on 2247A due to convenient and fast "smart" cursor auto-tracking. 100Mhz was more than enough...
  21. H

PD-65 lens popped out - how to re-glue it back in?

Clean with alcohol. Glue with 5 min epoxy. Tiny dots over the perimeter. DO NOT use superglue.
  22. H

Pioneer PD-65 Questions

Yes. Enter test mode. Close focus servo. Observe laser lens movement and the beam presence. If ok, put the mech back, mind the original rubber spacer position, and proceed with the test mode sequence.
  23. H

Pioneer PD-65 Questions

Now try to light up the laser in a darkened room in test mode. Do not look straight to to the lens though
  24. H

Pioneer PD-M510

The grease above may be good I cannot tell. One thing - it must be safe for plastic, otherwise oils in it will destroy very old, brittle, and unobtainable plastic and rubber in your player. Use grease safe for plastic, the same manufacturers use for gears in printers, scanners etc.
  25. H

Pioneer PD-M510

The cartridges have felt pads on each drawer. They can get smeared with grease, and transfer it to the cd surface. Check them with some absorbent paper. If they leave a stain, clean them by soaking the paper with alcohol, and pressing it against the felt pads. Till they are free of grease.
Back
Top Bottom