Search results

1. malanga

Behold my Shame…

I took the bottom off and it does look better than the top side.
  2. malanga

Behold my Shame…

Good advice!
  3. malanga

Behold my Shame…

Ah, good point! Emery cloth would probably be better.
  4. malanga

Behold my Shame…

Amazing!
  5. malanga

Behold my Shame…

Thank you all for your comments and support. I think I will try to do what I can. I’ll get some steel wool and start removing all the rust I can get to. I can at least clean it up better than it currently is. I suspect I will need to send it out for service as my skills are limited.
  6. malanga

Behold my Shame…

Well, I let this happen. This Sherwood was playing, but with some issues back in 2015. When I got divorced I had to store it in an attics for over five years. This is what it looked like when I finally retrieved it. I don’t know if it could be brought back to life, or if it is worth it...
  7. malanga

Yet Another Capacitor Question

Sadly, I did not. I did not think about it until after I had assembled it.
  8. malanga

Well, finally got around to putting this amp together. I replace the original C3, C4, C7, C8 generic capacitors with some audio Grade Muse capacitors and I must admit this cheap little headphone amps sounds better than I expected it to. I have been testing it with my Philips SHHP9500S...
  9. malanga

A DIY Project Idea from this little Tube Amp?

OK, OK, I guess I better Abandon this project before I electrocute myself!
  10. malanga

Can anyone tell me what type of capacitor C2 is? See picture below. Looks like a long green tube type with a black stripe on one end and is marked .047 mfd and 400V DC.
  11. malanga

Good advice! I do have a schematic. Let me attach it. Well, not talking a lot of money here to upgrade the caps. I just cant imagine the generic caps included will be of great quality.
  12. malanga

Hello everyone. I have yet another capacitor quality recapping question. I recently found an old headphone amp kit I purchased a number of years ago and never put together. It’s one of those cheap Chinese kits that maybe cost 10 bucks. Also comes with all clear acrylic boxes put together. I’m...
  13. malanga

I did snap some pics of the interior. I see this did not have a power transformer.
  14. malanga

Thank you for the input. I'm pretty much a novice, although I do know how to solder and follow a schematic. I plan on replacing the components you and Lavane have recommended. How do I create an "isolated ground bus"? Sorry novice here... I actually built a Darling amp! I recently dusted it...
  15. malanga

Hello fellow DIYers! I recently got a hold of an Admiral portable phonograph at a rummage sale for $2.00. Case was smelly and turntable locked and damaged, but the amp seemed to be working. Took it apart and removed the amp and the two alnico magnet speakers that it came with. I thought it...
  16. malanga

Repairing an EPI 100V Tweeter

Well, I finally got around to picking up some epoxy and giving this fix a go. I sanded the old glue off both pieces, applied the epoxy and centered the magnet over the voice coil which was connected to the speaker playing some music. I moved it around a bit until it played clear and then let...
  17. malanga

Hey, thanks for the recommendation! I tried a "dry run" yesterday and the tweeter seemed to be functioning properly when I maneuvered the magnet to the right position. I will go out and look for an epoxy as you described and try to save this tweeter.
  18. malanga

what brand epoxy would you recommend?
  19. malanga

Only one I see on EBay is like $70.00.
  20. malanga

So, I finally pulled my EPI 100V out of storage when I heard a rattle. Opened it up and found the magnet had fallen off the tweeter. Is it possible to re-attach the magnet to the tweeter? Looks like it was just held on with some adhesive. Any recommendations on what type of adhesive I could use?
  21. malanga

Micro Seiki owner's club

Great idea Dogum! I'd prefer to have an original, but not for $159.00! Guess I's better do some measuring...
  22. malanga

Micro Seiki owner's club

Hi folks. I was m the proud owner of a DD-40 and had it stored for several years. Finally got it set up and found that the time art counterweight was lost in the move! Prices on eBay are ridiculously high. I was wondering if there are generic weights that could be used instead. Maybe even...
  23. malanga

Can someone help me ID these???

I just came from Van L and met John and OMG! I had no idea such a place existed so close to me! I nearly fainted at all the high end audio equipment he has in there. He has Cary and Carver tube monoblocks and all type of vintage equipment. He actually auditioned a pair of speakers he just...
  24. malanga

Wow! Thanks. I just looked up the address and they are located less than a mile from me! I may just stop by!
  25. malanga

Out of curiosity I took out the mid range, but there is no marking on it. it comes in a solid metal can.
Back
Top Bottom