Search results

1. 4343

Yamaha P2100 Noisy on Power-On

My P200 has started crackling when I first turn it on. After a while it stops making noise and sounds clean for hours. I think this must be a capacitor, possibly in the signal path. Has anyone seen this symptom before? Any ideas that can point me in the right direction to repair it? I'm not...
  2. 4343

Want to eWave these Advents but dust caps don't match (Masonite woofers)

What have I got here? Picked up a "pair" of these the other day. One had a Realistic midrange, the other has the orange egg thingy. Both have masonite rings, but the different dust caps is throwing me. Are these both original? Or just one? Which one? Both cabinets have October 1969 on the...
  3. 4343

Tascam 122 MKIII (Mk 3) Runs slooow!

Worked fine a few months ago, today it just drags out every note...:tears: Checked out the insides,cleaned all the contacts on the cables coming from the transport, no better. I noticed a tiny trimmer on the capstan servo board, but it had no effect on the speed. The front panel vari-speed...
  4. 4343

How to Recess a Squircle

I've seen several posts about recessing a driver or horn flange to sit flush with the baffle. This is how I did it. Step one is to cut the proper size hole in some thin (1/4") material. I used Masonite since I had a scrap piece. I've seen others that used Plexiglas, that is probably a better...
  5. 4343

Deluxe Wave (Re) Build

OK, this: http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=206683&d=1271891616 is what I started with for this project. The pic makes them look like the back is sloped forward, but it's an optical illusion, the front actually slopes back. They sounded OK with the L-112 components...
  6. 4343

JBL LE-10A Cabinet Size Help

I've been playing with WinISD to see what cabinet volume a LE-10A needs. WinISD beta suggests 3.796 cu. ft. tuned to 29.51 Hz and says that 2 3" ports each 8.24" long will get me to 28.6Hz (-3dB). I tried some other sizes but the only one that was even a fraction better was bigger, 4 cu. ft...
  7. 4343

Infinity SM 150 worth saving?

Saw these on CL a few months back for some nominal amount. Did some research and found they had 15" woofs in 'em, so passed. The other day they popped up in the Free section, so I sent off an email... The only one it seems, as they are now in my living room. Pluses: Very efficient. All drivers...
  8. 4343

Seas 10" Anyone have any info?

Picked up a 1968 vintage console the other day, nothing special just a big box made locally for a stereo store. The interesting bits are the Seas full-range speakers. I've never seen any like these before, 6 mounting tabs and a oval whizzer on the front. Anyone? Sorry about the shaky pic of the...
  9. 4343

SV-3700 Heads?

Can anyone point me to a source for a head drum for a Panasonic SV-3700 DAT head drum? I think it may be possible to replace just the upper drum on this unit, but I have not gotten the S/M yet, so not sure. At this point it seems cheaper to buy another deck with low hours than finding the parts...
Back
Top Bottom