Search results

1. hoodie

Sonance'84

A shout out to Sonance'84! Great to deal with and a credit to AK. Thanks again Cory!
  2. hoodie

Going to see Bruce tonite @ Metlife

Nose bleed seats but perfect weather.
  3. hoodie

Great dealings with Lwrs10

Just wanted to give a shout out to Lwrs10 for a fine transaction. Shipped quickly and safely and the item was as advertised.
  4. hoodie

Schiit Multibit DAC Modules indefinitely delayed

I received an eMail from Schiit saying that the chips used for some their Multibit products have been delayed until at least 11/2022. Used market is going to go through the roof. -Matt
  5. hoodie

Schiit Gungnir anyone?

Pulled the trigger on a used Gumby Multibit and it arrived today. Hooked it up and left it powered on for a couple of hours before playing any music and I have to say that this is one really nice sounding DAC. I've been through more than a few DACs this year alone and this one is the one....for...
  6. hoodie

Anyone using 6H30's ?

Evening folks, I purchased a matched quad of Sovtek 6H30Pi's for my MP-701 pre and have mixed feelings about them. The good...clear, clean, not overly bright with plenty of detail. The not so good...the midrange is lacking plus missing the intimacy of a 6922/6DJ8. I would love to find a tube...
  7. hoodie

AT-OC9/III on a G-707 MkII?

According to the VE database it should be fine but I'm wondering if anyone has used this combo? Cheers, -Matt
  8. hoodie

I finally plugged my amps into a wall outlet

I've been plugging power amps, preamps, DAC and sources into a Monster HTS 3500 for the past I don't know how many years. The other day I integrated a pair of Parasound amps into the system, bypassed the Monster and plugged them into the wall socket instead. I wasn't expecting any difference but...
  9. hoodie

Two thumbs way up for ehoove

Jim is a true gentleman and a pleasure to do business with. Thank you sir! -Matt
  10. hoodie

Is this an ATN-13E ?

Afternoon all, I purchased this stylus from a seller in the UK and am wondering if this is a an ATN-13 or an ATN-14 stylus. The burgundy color had me thinking that it's an ATN-14 but the label says that it's an ATN-13E.- -Matt
  11. hoodie

MC cartridge loading with a SUT ?

Good snowy afternoon all, I have a Denon DL-103r going into a new to me Denon AU-310 SUT which in turn is connected to a DB Systems DB-8. It sounds very good as is but it could be better. The cartridge has an output impedance of 14 Ohms and the SUT has a 1:10 ratio which, according to the...
  12. hoodie

He shoots...he SCROES!

I took ownership of a fairly mint SL-1700 today along with three cartridges. The cartridges were a big surprise :yikes:. An AT13Ea sans stylus, a Pickering XSV/5000 missing the cantilever (paging Joseph :p) , and lastly a Stanton 881S with what looks like a low hours D81 stylus. I plan on...
  13. hoodie

conrad-johnson PF1

I recently purchased a cj PF1 preamp (impulse buy :rolleyes:). There isn't much online about the PF1 except for a Stereophile review from 1990 and am wondering if anyone has owned or any experience with one. Tonite, after a few days of casual listening, I gave it proper demo and like what I am...
  14. hoodie

Frankengrace? Gracenfrank?

After following Needlestein's Grace F9 thread, it provided the motivation to find a suitable replacement stylus for a Grace F8 body. With eBay prices for an F8 stylus a bit on the high side :yikes: the search was on to find an affordable alternative. I read over at VE that a Shure V15-III stylus...
  15. hoodie

fanghorn is top shelf

Great price, quick ship, a true stand up guy.
  16. hoodie

Sneaker 1 - New Stylus 0

I've been getting hum from one of the turntables so I put up a small wall shelf and moved my Budgie to it and also rearranged most of the cables in the system. Mission accomplished. I queue up an album and step back....poor little bugger didn't have a chance. :bye: Bummer, it had to be the...
  17. hoodie

Turntable in the promo for CNN "Sound Tracks" ?

Anyone seen this lately? The show looks watchable. The turntable looks like a Pioneer PL-50, which is pretty cool, but the cartridge looks to be an Ortofon Concorde. Slight mis-match there.
  18. hoodie

Stanton D6807A stylus

Scored a NOS D6807A and I have to say that this puppy sounds EXCELLENT. Have it loaded at 57k and I can't stop smiling. Conicals rock...or roll o_O
  19. hoodie

Finally have my DL-103r dialed in

What a great cartridge. I not going to throw a bunch of superlatives out there...well maybe a few....musical, engaging, friggin' dynamic to say the least. I was just listening to Pat Metheny "80/81" and I swear that Jack DeJohnette was in the room. Rant over, carry on!
  20. hoodie

Opinions on an affordable tonearm or....

Rega RB-303/ RB330 vs Music Hall MMF-9.1 arm (Pro-Ject 9cc) vs Audiomods Arm Kit II. I'm assembling a "FrankenTable" with the plinth from a Rotel RP900 which is a Systemdek I920 clone. It came with an RB250 but the arm and bearings are pretty beat up. A Rega arm is the easiest and most obvious...
  21. hoodie

Pats vs Falcons

It's going to be a good one. Hats off to the Steelers and the Pack!
  22. hoodie

Stanley Clarke & Marcus Miller & Victor Wooten

Has anyone seen this vid? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5BkCp4KfZ0 Especially check out Victor Wooten's solo aprox 15 minutes in...outstanding.
  23. hoodie

GuyNoir rocks!

Just wanted to give a shout out and let the adjectives flow for GuyNoir. He's a good guy that gave me a good deal on a power amp. Great communication, great packing and prompt shipping. Couldn't ask for a better person to do business with. :thmbsp:
  24. hoodie

Anyone near York, PA?

Anyone near York, PA want to pony a pair of speakers close to 95/195? I'd be able to meet up on the Jersey Tnpk. close to Rte 195. Thanks , Matt
  25. hoodie

Semi vintage solid state opinions

Kinda like comparing apple and oranges but....how would a Parasound 2250 or an Aragon 8002 stack up against an Acurus A200? I've had the Acurus for some time now and it's starting to show it's age. Matt
Back
Top Bottom