Search results

1. scott911sc

PL-41 arm drop damping

Hi. can anyone walk me through step by step how to add new silicone oil so that my damper works? Im going to get some oil this week and i rather not just start taking things apart if someone out there has done this before.
  2. scott911sc

Rega Planet 2000 stop button stuck

after a few years of not using my Rega Planet, I hooked it back up and noticed the stop button is stuck in. after a few days it might pop back out but its clearly not functioning properly. the decks still works but i have to use the remote to stop the disc any idea how to fix this? its 13...
  3. scott911sc

ST-7 linear tracking speed problem

its been awhile since i posted this thread. since then i lost a job and had to put my things in storage. i got the ST-7 out tonight for the first time in 2 years and cant get it to track properly. the rubber wheel is fine but i dont have the interest or time to work on it. at this point in...
  4. scott911sc

Tascam 246 4-track problem

anybody? help?
  5. scott911sc

Sudazed lp , springsteen & my loss of faith in Vinyl

that is indeed what i was told by the owner of one of my local independent shops. he continues to carry records, as they all do around here, but...it is a big risk
  6. scott911sc

Tascam 246 4-track problem

i finally got both belts, can anyone advise me on changing out the larger belt....there is an obvious metal bracket covering the pully wheel...i dont know how to get it off without damaging it. thanks
  7. scott911sc

Sudazed lp , springsteen & my loss of faith in Vinyl

I have all three stooges Sundazed LPs too. Incredible. absolutely amazing sound...like you are in their garage with them. However, my Fun House came with a very bad gouge in the last track,,like someone took a knife and carved it. I had to reorder it. now its perfect. but it took me 3 weeks of...
  8. scott911sc

Saw David Byrne in Rochester NY

a friend went and said it was awsome. im an idiot for not going
  9. scott911sc

barnes & noble on monroe ave still seems to have the 30th anniv. Dark Side of the Moon. I bought 2 of them...1 for back up. have that on now. get one before they are gone ! i believe they are limited pressing. damn its great
  10. scott911sc

me too. a friend was over the other day and pulled it from the stacks and played it. i left it out. love when that happens....when friends come over and pull out records they want to hear that i never listen to. the last of the great stones records i think
  11. scott911sc

my tattoo you still has the nifty hoof in high heals sleeve..thinking of framing it charlie byrd. yes, he can play. i have a ton of his records i have not played in about 10 years. perhaps ill throw one on. he made a ton of records and so you can find them quite easily at thrifts, which is...
  12. scott911sc

strage speaker reaction to different tables

just poured some oil down the spindle and problem seems to be gone :music:
  13. scott911sc

ill try the needle oiler. interesting theory im listening to mine as well. stones, tattoo you, side 2.
  14. scott911sc

here they are http://www.audioasylum.com/images/ST7_user.pdf http://www.audioasylum.com/images/ST7_tech.pdf
  15. scott911sc

i remember! yes i will try this weird though that the wheel only fails to spin/touch for 1 second and then catches fine ..... i think the first thing i need to do is read the service manual and learn what a dashpot is
  16. scott911sc

mine has worked perfectly for the 12 years i have had it until recently. and even now, it works at 95% of factory spec i think. i have both manuals. posted the links to them on another thread here somewhere how was replacing the o ring? looks very complicated. mine looks original and fine...
  17. scott911sc

warm vs cold... my thoughts exactly. but what? haha maybe its the dashpot as you mentioned
  18. scott911sc

Pioneer PL-41 thrust pad question

Any Pioneer PL-41 owners have a solution to replace the thrust pad for the platter bearing? like all of them i presume, mine is cracked in half and im starting to think it has something to do with my extreme woofer movement although, my spindle and platter spin freely and without any noise or...
  19. scott911sc

yea, ill get her back to normal. been feeling frustrated lately when i can get a decent table like a project debut for $300 that likely will work the same every day...but, i know it wont sound as good or give me as much fun so ill stick to figuring out what is wrong with this. must be something...
  20. scott911sc

if i had a cart/arm mismatch, wouldnt i be hearing something wrong in the music? while my woofer is moving way too much, the music actually sounds better than my Rabco table after reading this article, i was under the impression that i would be hearing the problem as well as seeing the problem...
  21. scott911sc

that sounds like a repair way beyond my means did you fix yours, was it easy?
  22. scott911sc

i replaced it with an old audiotechnica cart...not sure what model but a lower end one and same thing happens....perhaps both carts are wrong for it? could a bad ground wire cause this?
  23. scott911sc

i tried this and i got no response. i banged hard with my knuckles and nothing. drop the needle at very low volume and woofers pop out badly..in out in out... ive tried moving the TT all around, on table, off table, away from speakers... im thinking its a bearing as noted above but i...
  24. scott911sc

oh and while i have the attention of the (apparently) only other two ST-7 users/posters, have you noticed that your ST-7 is much quieter than other tables? In comparison to my pioneer PL-41, it is very very quiet, even when tried with the same cart.... i seem to get more dynamics and snap...
  25. scott911sc

Ron, I scored two pristine early JJ Cale records at the record archive yesterday for $6 and $8....:banana::banana::banana: which is why im spazzing out because of this dang ST-7 that a few weeks ago I was trying to talk you out of replacing :smoke:
Back
Top Bottom