3. G

Hickok TV 7/U question

Certainly worth a try!
  4. G

Hickok TV 7/U question

Same response 7 pin or Octal socket.
  5. G

Hickok TV 7/U question

I recently picked up a TV 7/U tube tester with no history. I had to replace all three lamps. Rectifier tube is good. The line test adjustment work fine. When I go to test a known good tube the meter needle will peg to the left. Any one have a answer to what would cause this problem? Regards
  6. G

Play back head Teac 3300S

Thank you dhnash, big help.
  7. G

Play back head Teac 3300S

I recently picked up a Teac 3300S tape deck. Come to find out that one side of the playback head is bad.Does anybody know what other head would be a suitable replacement? I do not have the deck with me it is at my techs shop. I do have a parts 4010 but do not know if the head from that would be...
  8. G

JBL L65 Jubal

I sold my L65's about two years ago for around $1200. The wooden enclosures were 9 out of 10, woofers were re-coned and new blue grill cloth. I replaced them with a set of KEF 107/2. I did keep my first series JBL L100 speakers. Ideally would have kept the L65 but I already had too much...
  9. G

Cornwalls'?

Well the wall paneling that was glued to the original cabinets would not come off without damaging the cabinets. And to try and make new cabinets would not economic sense for me. I have decided to part out the Cornwalls. All of the drives work. I have ordered some new dust caps for the K-33-P...
  10. G

Cornwalls'?

That is what I am thinking too.
  11. G

Cornwalls'?

Stoped by the Goodwill today, and the Cornwalls were priced at $300. The Manager said I had 7 days to test them, if bad, I could get a refund rather then the normal credit. All of the drivers are working Now I have to get the wall paneling removed from the cabinets and see where I am at. K-33-P...
  12. G

Cornwalls'?

went to the thrift store today and damn, they were still there. This is how they look.
  13. G

Cornwalls'?

Asking $1200, enclosure has 3/16" wall paneling attached to it. Manager says non-negotiable on the price. So there the set.
  14. G

Cornwalls'?

Asking price is over a thousand dollars. And they have had some type of overlay applied to the exterior. They are pretty poor looking.
  15. G

Cornwalls'?

Pair of these were in a thrift store. Do the configuration of the drivers seem authentic ?
  16. G

Teac A-4010S VU meters vs Headphone jack

Well, OK.. The headphones I was using in the shop was a old pair of Pioneer SE-30A, 8ohm. Brought the deck into the house and plugged in a pair of Sennheiser HD 6XX (MassDrop) and the meters worked when the headphones were plugged in. So it was in fact the load of the phones that was the culprit.
  17. G

BTW, the 4010s is not hooked up to a pre amplifier I am just testing with the Headphones.
  18. G

I can record and play back with headphones installed and am able to hear the program in both tape and source. But the VU meters do no respond in any case. When I remove the headphones the VU meters operate in both the tape and source positions. I am now guessing this is not normal.
  19. G

I looked in the owners and service manuals but did not see anything about the VU meters being inoperable when headphones are used. In both tape and source the VU meters work as they should, but when I plug in the headphones the meters do not respond. I have used several decks before but never...
  20. G

Goodwill auctions sure seem to get top dollar...

How about a Marantz 2270, $1500, with two days to go. Unreal. https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/92351579
  21. G

Pioneer RT-707 suddenly stopped recording and playback

Problem solved with the help over at Tapeheads. Turned out to be a bad 3.3Ohm resistor R337 on the RWR board
  22. G

Pioneer RT-707 suddenly stopped recording and playback

I posted in tapeheads but got no response. Hello, I have run into a problem with a newly acquired RT 707. After getting the 707 I removed the face plate top and bottom cover, removed and blew out dust. Deoxit the controls, cleaned and demagnetized the heads and replaced the counter belt. I...
  23. G

Need the weight of the SONY XA7ES CD puck.

Thanks. I did find the part # for the XA7ES stabilizer the other day and did a search. but I didn't look at those others. I still would like to know the weight for the XA7ES puck in order to keep a new one within specs .
  24. G

Thanks for the information. I still would like to hear from a XA7ES owner.
  25. G

Hello, I recently bought a Sony XA7ES player (sight unseen) from a Estate Auction. It is really a super cd player, but it is lacking the puck. My neighbor recently brought home a sweet Atlas bench lathe, and he will fashion me a new puck from brass. I would like to know the weight of the...
Back
Top Bottom