Search results

1. Cogsinister

At last, after years, a speaker scroe !!!

Yes indeed, after at least 3 or 4 years of no decent speakers appearing in my local thrift i walk in just before closing time and spot these. B&W DM110's grill cloth gone, grill frames still on and even one B&W logo, but more importantly, intact, no poked in tweeters or smashed woofers...
  2. Cogsinister

Dishwasher record cleaner test...yes you herd right..

I bought 4 99c LPs from the SA yesterday, covers perfect, but the records were well, dirty, grubby fingerprinty, but 99% scratch free. I was looking at the dishwasher and i thought "why not " not a lot to loose. I have a portable dishwasher that i connect to the tap and so i could set the...
  3. Cogsinister

Teac X-1000R on the bench for a belt...and a clean.

Hi everyone. As i seem to be the only person in my town to be willing to take on any tape machine i was handed this by a friend of a friend of a friend.... Belt stretched but thankfully not turned to goo just yet. New belt ordered, Teac US ( no Teac Canada now ) failed to respond to my...
  4. Cogsinister

The old and the new, sorry, just the old...

Sony D5A and my very rare Alpine AD 7200 with its super rare original remote ! Both sound wonderful whatever the old CD players are rubbish brigade may say :) *ducks*
  5. Cogsinister

Realistic LAB 2100 Linear Tracker.

New to me, needed a new belt, some cleaning and lubing and a tweak or two, now working smoothly and sounding great. Very heavy well made deck, looks to me like it was made by CEC, not Technics as some people think. The cartridge is a Realistic/Shure RXT5 with its original stylus ( very...
  6. Cogsinister

Technics SL-PC33 5 disc CD player.

Picked this up at my local thrift, not seen one of these before, i decided it was for me when i felt the massive weight of the thing, 15 pounds !!! It has the Technics lightning fast linear motor optical transport, and the whole player smoothly comes out when you press "open" MASH DAC's...
  7. Cogsinister

AU 9500 and TX 9500 on the bench.

Not mine unfortunately but a friends who picked them up from a local listings site for a very good price. He has given them to me to give them a clean up and deoxit and have the DC offset checked, the amp works, hes heard it, i have yet to power it up. The tuner can wait till the weekend but i...
  8. Cogsinister

It may be a bit rough and ready....

But its my little sanctuary.......
  9. Cogsinister

My Christmas/New Year project.

A good friend gave me this to sort out for him. It will give something to do during the quiet periods of the holidays. Its VERY dirty.......
  10. Cogsinister

Akai GX-F66RC, so pretty..

Picked up from a friend, after a bit of a warm up she lives again. Will look and sound better after a good clean...nudies to follow.
  11. Cogsinister

Eico ST40.....

This amp was bought off the local internet classifieds by a friend of mine the other day, the owner said it "worked fine" My friend passed it to me to clean it up deoxit the thing and generally see what was what. On opening the top i noticed a missing tube i take this to be a 5AR4 rectifier...
  12. Cogsinister

Lanco B55, on the bench.

Hi there everyone, what a lovely day here in the Maritimes, much cooler than of late. A friend of mine picked this TT up at a yardsale last weekend and dropped it off to me for a clean up and general look over. It is one of the "Light platter " models of Lenco tt but the stamped steel...
  13. Cogsinister

Rotel RA 980BX. Nudies...

I was given this amp by a friend yesterday, he got it off a local classified ad and he said it had "No bass" Oh well i thought, i will give it a try, as my friend was more or less going to trash it if i didn't take it. Bit hard to find a lot about this amp on the net but its 100w pc into...
  14. Cogsinister

The German idler drives have taken over !!

The Kenwood marble turntable is relegated to the floor under the table, and the old idler drive beasts have taken over. I must like the sound of them to spend hours tweaking them, but it's sure worth the effort, the bass and mid range these these 2 beauties produce is better than any of my...
  15. Cogsinister

Yamaha NS-451.

Given to me by a friend, they had been in his storage unit for a few years. I thought i would post a pic of them as smaller less exotic Yamaha speakers of the mid 70's seldom get a look in being somewhat overshadowed by there bigger brothers like the NS-1000's ect. Anyway here they are...
  16. Cogsinister

Sony DTC 1000 DAT Recorder.

I know this is digital, but it is a tape deck so maybe it belongs in here.... A friend of mine Picked this up last night for $20. Then it dawned on me i don't have any tapes for it. DOH ! OK i know the stop button has fallen off ( very annoying ) and the drawer took some persuading...
  17. Cogsinister

Dual motor question.

Is the motor on the 1009 ( early version ) interchangable with the motoe on the 1019 ? The 2 look the same but the 1009 motor has the screws that hold the motor together in 2 clasps on the outside but the screws on the 1019 motor are long ones that are inside the body of the motor.
  18. Cogsinister

Dual 1019 help needed please.

I got this Dual 1019 that has been removed from a console, the power connector has 4 wires to it, i have tried connecting power to the middle 2 connections with no effect, well the motor never moved ( maybe its seized ) What are the other 2 wires in the plug block for. Any help in getting...
  19. Cogsinister

Next up, a Sansui 7070.

Next up on the bench a rather dirty Sansui 7070, the rather forgotten and under loved member of this series that was headed by the huge ( and never seen in these parts ) 9090. Crackly controls cleaned with DeoXit, lamps replaced ( solder joints on lamp board re flowed as usual ). Front...
  20. Cogsinister

Sanyo JCX 2400K.

Giving this one a clean up and DoXit for a friend of mine. First Sanyo separate i have seen, not common here at all, very well built and solid. Sounds fantastic for a unit with STK modules, but if Sanyo didn't know how to make the best of them who did ? 50wpc with a huge heavy PSU section.
  21. Cogsinister

Toshiba SA-20Y.

Well, i don't know what to do with this one...... Hardly any info on it anywhere, seems to hail from around 1969, no manuals or schematics available. DC offset starts off at 23-25 VOLTS then gos down to 800mv, thank god i never connected up a speaker to it !! Via headphones one ch is...
  22. Cogsinister

Technics SU 8080, a thing of beauty.

While the 8080 is out of rotation i thought i would give her a bit of a service, and on popping off the top i was struck by just how lovely she is nude. One of my favorite amps.
  23. Cogsinister

Nikko NA-2090.

Picked this up today, fixing up for a friend. 85+85 wpc as far as i can tell. Very nice build, lots of features, including MC input for the phono, huge transformer, for a small amp it weighs a ton ! Cool lighted pushbuttons ( the phono light is out ) and im not sure if the display...
  24. Cogsinister

Electrohome CS-400.

Of Canadian interest i think. Dont see a great many of these about. Very heavy and well made, maybe 40-50 wpc. Needs a light in the meter fixing, and the FM wont seem to kick into Stereo. But apart from that a very nice unit, no idea of date, very little info seems to be out there...
  25. Cogsinister

Quiz time !!!!!!

Here i present a horrid pic from a local classified listing, i need some help in identifying the gear on the stands/floor. OK, lets go, i will start it off with Denon Monoblocks on the Right of the stand. Now its your turn.
Back
Top Bottom