Search results

1. A

A Jensen speaker that no-one knows about

I've had a pair of coaxial Jensen speakers for a couple of years that I've been unable to get any information on. I think I even asked on this site before and had no responses. I was cleaning the rather battered cabinets today and took some pics so thought I'd ask again. You don't see many...
  2. A

Coral 12" Monitor Drivers

I'm looking for information on these 60Watt Coral bass drivers that were used in AWA monitors manufactured in New Zealand. They have a 3" vented voice coil and a cone surface that looks similar to that on their full range CX series drivers. Coral must have used them elsewhere, the NZ market was...
  3. A

Magnavox ID for impatient new owner

Hi all, I have a Magnavox console arriving in about 3 days and until it arrives I have very little information about it. After reading everything I can find on this site I think that it is probably either a 88-01-00 or 88-02-00 chassis 6V6 model. Having read so much about these I'm itching to...
  4. A

A subjective comparison. HPM-100s v Speakerlab 7s

I'm not sure what the point of this comparison is but it was triggered by me doing a little restorative work on some Speakerlab 7s. After cleaning out the L-pads, checking the caps and adding some extra fibreglass stuffing I started to give them some serious listening. After all the things I've...
  5. A

Is this an Atlas compression driver for Speakerlab?

This is one of the mid-range compression drivers out of my Speakerlab 7s. I thought it was an Atlas PD 4-V but after looking at pics on Bob Crites' site I see it is quite different. It doesn't have the 6 bolts that hold it together that a 4-V would have as well as ribbing on the throat body is...
  6. A

Speakerlab 7s for EconoWave?

As I sit here with my Speakerlabs disassembled around me I wondered if any of the AK Speakerlab owners have ever considered them as suitable for an EconoWave project. I guess the main question would be if the 12" and 10" bass speakers had enough frequency extension to match with the waveguide...
  7. A

Speakerlab 7 - driver removal views

After some good advice in a related thread on how to remove the silicone glued drivers (thanks Jim) I got into the first cabinet today. As there seems to be very few Speakerlab pics on the site I thought I would post some for anyone who is interested. Jim advised that I should run a sharp blade...
Back
Top Bottom