Search results

1. vintagelubbr

ADC stylus questions

Another thing to keep in mind here, is that for the integra bodies the stylus follows as RXM I, RXM II, and RXM III. After tons of research I still have no idea why they would call it that in the manual but then have XLM I, XLM II, XLM III marked onto the tip when they are not the same as the...
  2. vintagelubbr

How is Hakaplan?

Hope you are well Howard. My best wishes to you and your health. You are one of the main reasons my records sound so good! If there is anything I or anyone on the board can do to help, please let us know! God Bless you Howard
  3. vintagelubbr

DCM Timeframe TF-1000

Jerry, Is that you?
  4. vintagelubbr

Hifi Zine New Issue Online

Sweet thanks for the update! I've been waiting for the June issue for a while now.
  5. vintagelubbr

Turntable Repair in Sacramento, CA. Has anyone gone to this shop before?

I can vouch good words for him. Then again I'm a little biased, he's my uncle and one of the reasons I'm into audio in the first place! :D
  6. vintagelubbr

What's an acceptable amout of warpedness on a new record?

My thoughts exactly. :yes:
  7. vintagelubbr

I just reread my post, so I have to ask. Are you reading correctly and understanding that I am saying AFTER purchase and NOT BEFORE?
  8. vintagelubbr

I don't think it is OK. I am saying IT IS OK. Correct me if I am wrong, but does the following not hold true when purchasing "NEW" products? 1. Every customer has the right to inspect a product purchased in "NEW Condition" and verify the product is free of defects. 2. Every customer...
  9. vintagelubbr

I got so tired of this is issue that I started bringing an old technics 1200 platter and bearing assembly with me when I buy new stuff. As soon as I make the purchase, I crack them open and give them a spin on the platter. Any signs of obvious warp and it gets returned. Luckily one of my...
  10. vintagelubbr

Help with cart - AT120E vs AT440MLa

Hopefully, someone like Hakaplan can chime in. He is the Pioneer Turntable expert here. From what I can remember the PL 600 has a medium to high mass arm, leaning more to the heavy side. This will not do very well with a high compliance cartridge. I myself own a PL 600, and when it was in...
  11. vintagelubbr

DCM TF-600...finally!

:yes: They sing with big bass when they are fed power!:thmbsp:
  12. vintagelubbr

Reclamation Project=home setup

I Likes! Nice, clean and minimalist :thmbsp:
  13. vintagelubbr

DCM TF600 Speakers in the house!

hjames, how would you compare the sound of the TF600's to the DQ10's? Just curious because at one point I had someone offer me a trade for my pair of TF600's and TF700's. Dunno if I should be kicking myself or smiling about not going through with it.
  14. vintagelubbr

Frozen Platter on a Bolted Down BSR

Yep what number13 said. First remove that thin piece of metal that covers the spindle area. You can use a putty knife to pry it off. It's just held on by some adhesive so it should not be to difficult to get if off. Some models have a nut holding the platter on too, so take this off if it has...
  15. vintagelubbr

BMW fans - Take a look

Don't forget how fast the M5 will leave that Buick when the road goes from straight to twisty. Then it's bye bye Buick.
  16. vintagelubbr

80's Disco on the Vinyl...

Disco never died.....It evolved!
  17. vintagelubbr

Taking the plunge into the tube world

:thmbsp: Very nice sir. I like your style.
  18. vintagelubbr

Any Kawasaki KLR 650 Owners Here?

I had an 09' KLR650 that I had a blast riding around on. It was perfect for different types of road surfaces and was really comfy, even on the highway. I really only bought it to have some fun and to do something different. Unfortunately, I came across a 82' KZ1000R Lawson replica that was...
  19. vintagelubbr

Thrift Store "scores" - what's the secret?

A couple of weeks ago, I ran into a fella who had a garage full of speakers. Didn't see anything I liked except for a pair of Advents in really nice condition. Didn't really need them so I passed. He asks me what it was I was looking for and I told him I was looking for a pair of vintage Altec...
  20. vintagelubbr

Hosoken007 JBL L300

The sound you hear on the video isnt coming from the JBL L300. It's coming from the speakers in the background. The humongous JBL's
  21. vintagelubbr

Show us your DIY speaker projects!

That is some really nice work!! :rockon: Please, please post more pics of the outcome.
  22. vintagelubbr

Pioneer pl 570 or JVC ql y55f??

:lurk: I would like to know too, how a PL570 measures up to a JVC
  23. vintagelubbr

How many records have you played in one day?

I play around 6-8 records on average. On day's when the weather is bad I've been known to have the turntable on all day playing 15+.
  24. vintagelubbr

Music listened to by women

I agree, gender has nothing to do with it. My wife listens to what I listen to. Heck, we even have conversations about how good it was recorded, the productions work, and sometimes even which playback method is used. I also know plenty of other women including women in my family with great taste...
  25. vintagelubbr

Vintage system for foster daughter

+2 We need more folks like you, who show compassion for things like this.
Back
Top Bottom