Search results

1. bob adams

KA-9100 - The SicMan Solution TA-100W

Let us know how they work out SicMan. I went to www.pyramid-audio.com but didn't see them for sale.
  2. bob adams

I need some springs on the AU-717 speaker connections

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. Speaker-terminal.com seems like a good option. Since they are German I would like to think the assemblies would be an exact fit in the existing openings? Anyone have an AU-717 with these replacements?
  3. bob adams

Unpopular opinion

One doesn't have to know their names to hear just how bad their music is.
  4. bob adams

Unpopular opinion

Don't get so butthurt. I'm just an honest man stating my unpopular opinion.
  5. bob adams

Unpopular opinion

In response to my detractors. I know that there are people who like Steely Dan and Little Feat. I feel sorry with them because of their poor ability to discern real musical creativity from technical proficiency with musical instruments.. Dan Fagen is not a good songwriter and George Lowell, on...
  6. bob adams

Unpopular opinion

I don't know which band is the worst, Steely Dan or Little Feat. SD makes the most over-crafted and tedious "music" on the planet and if I had every nickel Dan Fagen could stuff up his nose I'd be a millionaire. Little Feat is nothing but derivative pap. Nothing original. If you think these...
  7. bob adams

What's your favourite tuner aesthetically?

I love the looks of my Sansui TU-717 but for clean lines I think the Yamaha CT-7000 was heads above the rest.
  8. bob adams

I need some springs on the AU-717 speaker connections

Anyone know where I can get some?
  9. bob adams

Thinking about a drop-in power amp board for KA-8300 and KA-9100 amps

I'd be interested in buying something to replace the TA-100W in my KA-8300. I miss listening to that amp.
  10. bob adams

KA-9100 - The SicMan Solution TA-100W

I'm still interested to know if anyone started manufacturing something to replace the TA-100W. I have a beautiful KA-8300 I would like to put into the line-up. I used to have another KA-8300 and it suffered the same fate.
  11. bob adams

Favorite Joni Mitchell song...

Coastsider I think what you wrote tells, in one sort or another, the story of each and everyone of us. I can remember hearing Big Yellow Taxi on one of those Warner Bros/Reprise sampler albums that you could buy for $2.00. Thinking back I'm sure I thought something like "Wow! Who is this? I...
  12. bob adams

Favorite Joni Mitchell song...

Picking a favorite Joni song is like being asked which one of your children you love the most. It's impossible. But just to add to the thread, here's a video of her when she was Roberta Joan Anderson. Enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3EofN3Flag&list=PLACAF20967AE51BD7
  13. bob adams

Today's JAZZ playlist

Wayne Shorter / Milton Nascimento - Native Dancer
  14. bob adams

List of "Dead End" Amps?

Any Kenwood amp with the infamous TA-100W integrated circuit. This includes the KA-8300 and KA-9100. The amps are great and beautiful to look at but once the ICs go it is almost impossible to find replacement parts. I know as I have two dead KA-8300s. I just wish some chip company or audio...
  15. bob adams

Turntable Isolation platforms?

It is a b*tch trying to pour sand through the opening in an innertube. The guy who thought of this must have the patience of Job. :D
  16. bob adams

JONI MITCHELL 68 Today

Happy Birthday Roberta Joan Anderson! Here's a great one from before she got married. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3EofN3Flag&list=PLACAF20967AE51BD7&index=4&feature=plpp_video
  17. bob adams

Kerouac Gets The Son Volt Treatment

Great to hear there are Kerouac fans in here. "The Dharma Bums" is one of my favorite books. On my first trip to SF I had to drive down the coast highway to see the Bixby Bridge, the one he talks about walking across in the fog at the beginning of "Big Sur".
  18. bob adams

Very interesting vintage audio website. I only wish I could read Japanese.

Very nice! Thanks for sharing. It's was great to see that Wes Montgomery "A Day In The Life" album.
  19. bob adams

Looking for advice: Denon TU-720 vs. Onkyo T-4040

This guy you met knew that what he had to trade was not worth what you had from the beginning. IMO his intent was to scam you. You own him nothing. Tell him the deal is off and enjoy your new equipment.
  20. bob adams

Masterviewer with another gorgeous tuner on the BAY

Sorry Grumpy, didn't mean to bum you or anyone else out. I went back and deleted the message.
  21. bob adams

I'm Rotating Now!

Theodoric, Thanks for straightening me on on the tennant aspect of antennas. I guess you would have to mount it in a way where you didn't drill or nail into the landlord's property. Whitehall What is the voltage of the rotator motor, 24V?
  22. bob adams

Good Stuff On The 'Bay

And On The Sixth Day God Created ....... Sansui TU-X1 http://cgi.ebay.com/SANSUI-TU-X1-MINT-Reference-Tuner-fully-serviced-L-K_W0QQitemZ5855121429QQcategoryZ3282QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem :ntwrthy: :ntwrthy: :ntwrthy: :ntwrthy: :ntwrthy: and !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lauren...
  23. bob adams

Good Stuff On The 'Bay

Calling All Yamaholics relisted CT-7000 http://cgi.ebay.com/Yamaha-CT-7000-Stereo-FM-Tuner-Near-Mint_W0QQitemZ5855108746QQcategoryZ3282QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem T-70s http://cgi.ebay.com/Yamaha-T-70-Natural-Sound-AM-FM-Stereo-Tuner_W0QQitemZ5854956987QQcategoryZ3282QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem...
  24. bob adams

I'm Rotating Now!

Subdivision rules may bar outside antennas but Federal regulations trump the subdivision rules. NO ONE and I mean NO PERSON or GOVERNING BODY can prevent you from mounting a TV antenna on the roof of your home or outside your home. The big question is did you sign a contract that waved your FCC...
  25. bob adams

Good Stuff On The 'Bay

Somebody Needs to Pick This Up Right Now!!!! Makes me sick I can't buy it! Philips 6731 with a BIN of $300 http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-PHILIPS-6731-TUNER-High-Fidelity-Labs-WOW_W0QQitemZ5855033083QQcategoryZ73382QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem 6731 GC $300 BIN 01/15/06 Buyer yenjesse. (4) knobs...
Back
Top Bottom