Search results

1. Ron Pilgrim

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Aloi Records, a Linn produced and remastered record in 1982, Renee - Reaching For The Sky
  2. Ron Pilgrim

Ortofon 2M Blue tonearm compliance match

I have recently acquired an Ortofon 2M Blue and am trying to decide which of my 2 turntables would be a better match to the tonearm. The tt's are 1) Dual 505-2 with the ULM straight arm and 2) Technics SL 1401 with S-shaped SME arm. I searched the forums and did not find what I was looking for...
  3. Ron Pilgrim

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

The Rolling Stones - Goats Head Soup
  4. Ron Pilgrim

Show us your cartridges and/or tonearms!

I bought this in the early 80's while I was awaiting delivery of an Audio Technica AT125LC. I remember that it was very nice to listen to but once I received the AT cart this one was put away and forgotten until about a year ago. I am currently using it on a Technics SL1401 and it has become one...
  5. Ron Pilgrim

ADC Integra CF 100 info needed

Thank you very much for the info. You were a great help
  6. Ron Pilgrim

ADC Integra CF 100 info needed

I am using an ADC Integra CF 100 cartridge but have no manual for it. If anyone knows where I can obtain the specs for it. I have looked on vinyl engine but there is no listing for the CF 100. Thanks
  7. Ron Pilgrim

Saturday Tunes

Dan McCafferty
  8. Ron Pilgrim

Show us the first record you ever owned.

Given to me as a Christmas present in 1972. It would not be until 1974 when i first listened to it and fell in love with it.
  9. Ron Pilgrim

Audio terms you hate.

I dislike the term "good condition, non-working". kind of an oxymoron, EH.
  10. Ron Pilgrim

The best $25 usb sound card !

I used a passive HA Info usb sound card for a long time and was very happy with it. I "upgraded" to a powered HA Info unit figuring it would sound better. But it didn't, and a high frequency hum all of a sudden appeared. Went back to the passive unit and all is good again.
  11. Ron Pilgrim

Finally ready to post system

It's taken about 4 years but i think i am done. I've talked here and there on different threads about what i am doing with multiple amp set up, and thanks again to fellow AK'er Grog(and brother in law(ex)) for the addition of the NAD 7080 to join the NAD 7060(also from Grog), NAD 7020 and...
  12. Ron Pilgrim

What's number 1 on your current wish list?

My #1 would have to be Classe Audio DR-2 amp. Then again, an Oracle Delphi would sure be nice. Koetsu Black would be great. And for nostalgic reasons, if I could locate a set of Realistic Optimus T-200's(had em, sold em, regretted it ever since) I would be very happy:)
  13. Ron Pilgrim

Recommendations for $300 Amplifier

Actually, you don't need the splitter to utilize the pre out of your main amp. First, all your sources need to be fed to the main amp. Remove the jumpers and go from your pre out jacks to the tape in on the second amp. This allows you to use the first amp as a master volume control and you can...
  14. Ron Pilgrim

Late-70s Supertramp: who makes music like this today?

You know, I agree with just about all the comments and that each of the fore-mentioned albums are great in their own separate ways. One thing that leads me to think that crime of the century is their best work is that the album came out in the early seventies, was an instant hit, and then...
  15. Ron Pilgrim

Favourite TV Show Theme songs

I wondered why no one mentioned Welcome Back Cotter, until now. Great theme song that did pretty well on the charts as well. Miami Vice, as lame as it was, had several great theme songs, Tonight tonight by Phil Collins comes to mind and "the air tonight" as well. How about this one, Married...
  16. Ron Pilgrim

Integ amp recommendations?

I'm not sure why, but you won't find many NAD supporters at AK, I however think they make the best amps for the buck. I know they have had some quality control issues, but if you look at their history, these issues generally occur during the company's times of transition. I own 1st, 2nd, and...
  17. Ron Pilgrim

Finding the roots of turntables...

I think I mentioned in another thread that I am on vacation. One our frequent stops over the years has been Revelstoke nestled in the Canadian Rockies in southern British Columbia. Beautiful area, but usually we stay only overnight on the way to whatever our destination is. Well, this year we...
  18. Ron Pilgrim

I'm interested in your comments regarding useing an Ipod as a music input

I used to use mp3/ipod as a source quite often. I literally live where I work and answering the phone while listening to lp's was too inconvenient(and dangerous). However, I found the signal too low and boosted with a Class A tube headphone amp from ebay and what a huge improvement. Now I use...
  19. Ron Pilgrim

More NAD gear to collection

Well, ex-brother in law and AK member Grog has done it again. 2 years ago he gave me a NAD 7060 receiver that I promptly incorporated into my system as the main control amp. Well, this year he drops a NAD 7080 receiver on me. This thing is a brute with amazing finesse. Truly a monster...
  20. Ron Pilgrim

What recent upgrades have made your system a "notch" better

Rewired the audio section of my Dual 505-2 and the sound of my lp's went from great to OMG!! Added a G2 class A tube/transistor headphone amp to the digital signal and listening to non analog sources is now more than bearable.
  21. Ron Pilgrim

What was your first receiver?

My first receiver was a NAD 7120 bought in 1982 and still have it today. Except for a persnickity tape monitor button it still works and sounds great. A little lacking in inputs and features when compared to others but the sound quality and generous dynamic headroom more than make up for that.
  22. Ron Pilgrim

Shure history question

We all know of the famous Shure V15 series cartridges. The type five seems to command the most praise and $$. I myself prefer the type four. There's many who believe the type three was the best. And early audiophiles(almost pioneers) swear by the type two. I have never heard anything about...
  23. Ron Pilgrim

So... name some *good* 70's rock "source material"...

In on particular order of preference, these are all albums that I find to be of good quality and I like the entire album(s), front to back. Doobie Bros, What were once vices are now habits Doobie Bros, Minute by Minute Aerosmith, Get your wings Billy Joel, The Stranger Supertramp, Crime of the...
  24. Ron Pilgrim

picture of your system in the dark

One pic totally dark, the next with a little flashlight help. Cool thread!
  25. Ron Pilgrim

The Whole Record?

OK, not meaning to sidetrack the thread, but lets list the albums you do like in its entirety. For me it's Def Leppard-Hysteria, Tragically Hip-Up to Here and Supertramp-Crime of the Century as my top 3.
Back
Top Bottom