Search results

1. Vintageaudio123

4406 and L20T speakers in parallel

Ooooh yeaaah.... that is in the works, altough a little lower on the shopping list priorities, but will eventually get there as well.
  2. Vintageaudio123

Thank you!
  3. Vintageaudio123

The speakers are being used in a not very big room and distance to listener is about 12-15 ft near field, so plenty of SPL without having to pump a lot of power into them. The other advantage of having 2 of each speaker is bass sounds much better that with a single speaker as technically the...
  4. Vintageaudio123

Come to think of it, since I got the second pair of speakers I seem to be running the amplifier not as hard as before to achieve the desired audio level. Guessing the 4 speaker setup is more sensitive/efficient than just one pair. I'm guessing 2.5 to 3dB.
  5. Vintageaudio123

I'm currently using a Yamaha RX-497 receiver 75W/ch at 8ohm. Specs also list 8/6/4/2 ohms with respective "dynamic" (IHF) power specified as 105/125/150/178 watt (see PDF attachment). So it would appear that the amp is ok with loads all the way down to 2ohm. The 4406 nominal impedance is...
  6. Vintageaudio123

Sorry about the misprint. It should have been L20T and 4406, but AK edit message did not let me correct the error on the thread title, thank you very much. I first purchased an L20T pair off ebay and afterwards some time later a 4406 pair which are almost identical although one is a home...
  7. Vintageaudio123

Advise on foam surround of JBL 6" 115H-1 woofer (4406, L20T)

Hi, I am looking for a 115H-1 woofer, but so far the few I've seen seem to have a somewhat crumpled (non-foam) surround, its more like a rubber type of material. This might perhaps have happened due to having been stored face down on an uneven surface for some time. I would think that the voice...
  8. Vintageaudio123

Looking for MXR model 114 or 127 schematic

I had a 114 10-band equalizer back late 70s in my home stereo system (Accuphase E202, Altec model 19-ish home build cabinets with original Altec components, etc), and this little equalizer always worked very nicely. Also considering the model 127 15-band version. Anyone know where I could find...
  9. Vintageaudio123

JBL L20T Crossover schematic/cap replacement

After using these speaker for a couple of months now I have to say I totally love them, the sound is absolutely amazing specially for the small size.
  10. Vintageaudio123

Accuphase E-202 repair and fixing mistakes

I had this amp during the mid-late 70s. Very impressive performer, smooth sounds and yet very powerful when needed. Even the controls and switches felt rock solid. Never forget the extreme smoothness feel of the volume control and the clunk-clunk-clunk solid sound of the input selector that...
  11. Vintageaudio123

JBL 035Ti repair

Hi, I just finished repairing the two 035TI tweeters in my newly arrived L20T's (consumer version of the 4406) and then came across this thread. Had the exact same wire corrosion problem and both wires in both tweeters where open at one or two places, happy in a sense to find out its not...
  12. Vintageaudio123

Before trying Parts Express looked at Mouser again and found a 4.7uF 100V 10% Metalized Polypropylene cap. They don't have anything in 4uF or even 3.9uF For 4.7uF 100V Wima is the ONLY available choice for these specs. Also no 9uF, closest value is 10uF, for which they have a very nice looking...
  13. Vintageaudio123

Hi thank you very much for the recommendation. I will definitively look into this and probably go with regular poly caps, and noted about the sound quality and having to break them in a bit. Hope you find a nice set of L20T's and at the right price. BTW what is the difference between the...
  14. Vintageaudio123

Here are some pictures of the corrosion damage and repair. BTW the foam that is supposed to be under the titanium domes has almost completely degraded and very little is left in both tweeters. Guess I am going to need to get two of those as well. Oh and one of the tweeters had a dent in the...
  15. Vintageaudio123

So plugged the speakers into the amp, and NO highs at all. Both tweeters dead. Woofers seemed ok. So another airhead that blew the tweeters, perhaps driving the amp into clipping and burned up the voice coils? No. I took the tweeters apart and turns out both tweeter voice coils look ok, but no...
  16. Vintageaudio123

Thanks for the PDF. Very useful indeed. I had forgotten about the thread and did not check until today because the speakers arrived his week. Will be auditioning them this afternoon. Somehow I never get the email notifications when new replies are posted to my threads, no matter what I have...
  17. Vintageaudio123

I just purchased a pair of very good and clean looking L20T's and they are on the way. I was wondering what is the consensus about replacing the electrolytic cap(s) in the crossover of this model, and was wondering if someone could provide either a schematic of the crossover or the value of the...
  18. Vintageaudio123

Amplifier ONLY ES Series equivalent to Sony STR-GX10ES/GX9ES

Sony TA-E77ESD with the TA-N77ES, very very nice.... Anyone lucky enough to own this pair? https://www.hifianswers.com/2020/05/sony-ta-n77es-and-ta-e77esd-five-fresh-images/
  19. Vintageaudio123

Thank you for the information mark902. Seems like the ESX and ESG series are the Euro/Japan equivalents to the ES series issued in the US. Could only find a 444ESX being sold in the US, no ES at all. Plenti of ESX from Japan and Russia etc but the shipping costs from those areas are a deal...
  20. Vintageaudio123

Does anyone know what the equivalent integrated amplifier model in the ES Series line would be to the Sony STR-GX10ES/GX9ES receivers? I am not really interested in AM/FM, so wondering what came out in the ES series as a plain integrated amplifier around the same time those two receivers came...
  21. Vintageaudio123

JBL Control 5 Any good?

I am using a pair of Control 1's in my bedroom and find that they sound quite nice and for close field listening they are more than capable, although they lack a bit on the lows obviously due to the small (5.25") woofer, so are only rated down to 120Hz. I was thinking of upgrading to the Control...
  22. Vintageaudio123

Sony STR-GX10ES/GX9ES Service manual wanted

Yes sir, got the manual from the AK DB, thanks much for this. I don't think I saw the GX5ES SM I sent them via email.
  23. Vintageaudio123

Sony STR-GX10ES/GX9ES Service manual wanted

I'm not sure what is going on there at HFE but I am using a private domain email address, they did not complain at signup, and just said to wait for the confirmation email but it never arrives. I saw they don't like "disposable" addresses, and as member goodolpg pointed out above, their server...
  24. Vintageaudio123

Are JBL L19's supposed to sound this good?

I think you are referring to the 4408's, which would be the studio equivalents to the L19, not the 4301.
  25. Vintageaudio123

Receiver and Amp nudies! Post them if ya got them!

Quite a few pictures unfortunately missing in the first couple of pages of this thread. Stupid third party image hosting services.
Back
Top Bottom