Search results

1. Mike19

Today's Rockabilly Playlist...

Just happened to be listening to 'I'm A Loser" by The Beatles when I read this post. Mike
  2. Mike19

preamps

Hi fourwheels. I'm not sure what "very nice" means, but for $300 for either an amp, a preamp or an intgegrated you should go used. Any of the brands already mentioned are quality stuff. Check out Audiogon for used components. Mike
  3. Mike19

What's in a name? Musical group name game

The Byrds - The Yardbirds The Doors - 3 Doors Down
  4. Mike19

Todays METAL playlist

Today (yesterday actually) I ripped a bunch of tracks off various albums by the following: > Metalica (metal metal) :yes: > Morbid Angel (morbid metal) :sigh: > Napalm Death (death metal) :sadwave: > NIN (industrial metal) :bash: > White Zombie (zombie metal) :eek:
  5. Mike19

Every buy gear when you didn't know what it was? I just did...

Hi Arkay. Here is the link to the MF website in the UK: http://www.musicalfidelity.com/ You might contact them for info on your mystery box. Mike
  6. Mike19

Over Powered Amplifier

My rule of thumb for speakers that have between 87dB and 91dB sensitivity is to drive with 30% more wattage than the max recommended by the speaker manufacturer. My goal is to ensure that at moderately loud (not very loud) levels, the woofers are pumping at max efficiency. My current...
  7. Mike19

Audiogon gone?

Works for me - 4:55PM EST Mike
  8. Mike19

Best T.V. Shows of all time

When I was a pre-teen: American Bandstand Mike
  9. Mike19

List the top 3 best sounding speakers you have ever owned.

Hi Barredowl. In 1971, AR speakers were the best mid-priced speakers on the market. Unfortunately, at the time I could not afford source components that would do justice to the AR2's capabilities (entry level Sony reel to reel and Techics TT; Kenwood 30w x 2 receiver). I think the AR2s went...
  10. Mike19

Best T.V. Shows of all time

First season of Hill Street Blues :thmbsp: Mike
  11. Mike19

Todays METAL playlist

Right now I'm ripping the Soundtrack from Dracula 2000. Some good metal there: > Powerman 5000 > Slayer > Moster Magnet > Taproot > Pantera > (HED) P.E. > Endo > Flybanger > Saliva :guitar: Mike
  12. Mike19

Today's Rock and Roll Playlist

Soudtrack to Dracula 2000.
  13. Mike19

Five Best Consecutive Years of Music

1967 - 1971 Mike
  14. Mike19

what power amp do you have or had

Present: Aragon 4004 MKII (200w x2 @8ohms; 300w @ 6ohms) :yes: Past: Sonic Frontiers tube (110w x 2 @ 8ohms) :thmbsp: Rotel (120w x 5 @ 8ohms):beatnik: NAD (30w x 6 @ 8ohms bridge to 3 x 90w) :p: Mike
  15. Mike19

Need some help assembling my first system....

I'm with stupid. What brand is "MMG"? :drool: Mike
  16. Mike19

Need some help assembling my first system....

Hi Alexdad The Parasound New Classic 2100 Preamp is a good match with the New Classic 275 amp (2 x 75w @ 8ohms). Audio Advisor sells these for $650 for the pre and $550 for the amp. You would need speakers with a decent sensitivity (like at least 89dB) with a 75w amp. Have you considered...
  17. Mike19

List the top 3 best sounding speakers you have ever owned.

AR2 (1971) Wilson Cubs (2000) Dali Ikon6 (present)
  18. Mike19

What is your Dream Speaker?

Current version of Wilson Alexandria.
  19. Mike19

I love my old Kenwood

When I was in the Army stationed in Frankfurt, Germany, 1970, I bought a Kenwood 2 x 30w receiver and a pair of AR2 bookshelves at the Air Force PX in Ramstein. The combo sounded incredible for the price - probably $400 in today's currency. My guesss is that Kenwood was putting out 50w into...
  20. Mike19

Cable recommendations for a forum Newb.

Blue Jeans Monoprice My Audio Cables (MAC) Signal Zebra Element
  21. Mike19

The most heartbreaking guitar solos into prog / rock?

What About Love by Heart Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd (is this winning?) Jessica by Allman Brothers Still In Love With You by The Scorpions
  22. Mike19

How many systems do you have?

Two: Computer stereo in home "office" Home Theater in living room
  23. Mike19

Subwoofer necessary?

In most of the high end systems I have seen, 1 or 2 subs are run even with true full range towers. For example, Wilson Audio makes subs (1 big powered one and 1 even bigger passive one) for use with its full range speakers. Mike
  24. Mike19

Help with my Subwoofer Choice

Hi Punman. My only concern about the KEF is that the 3dB FR goes down to only 30Hz. For realy visceral LFE movie effects, I like to gat down to at least 25Hz. For my home theater, I use 2 Sony PSW 2500s (same model # as the KEF). The Sony is a 10" x 100w sub that gets down to 28Hz. They...
  25. Mike19

PEARL JAM --Rearviewmirror--

I'm a huge PJ fan. I think they are the best non-60s band out there. I have all of thier CDs, including the singles and I think there is one triple track. I saw them live at a small baseball stadium in FT. Lauderdal, Fla, back September '96. They were awesome. The only better concert I've...
Back
Top Bottom