Search results

1. P

JBL 4312 vs 4312MkII

OK, I bought them and a closer look reveals that one of the bass speakers have had a couple of tears that has been "repaired". Apparently the former owner "glued and painted the membrane" and it seems to work, the membrane is stiff and there are no "off" sounds. However the bass is not as deep...
  2. P

JBL 4312 vs 4312MkII

Just to clarify: These are the kind of 4312 Mk II speakers I already have and love: http://www.audioheritage.org/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=239&title=jbl-4312mkii-wx&cat=516 This is how the 4312 look with their "tilted" high and mid frequency units ...
  3. P

JBL 4312 vs 4312MkII

Hello Mech Thank you so much for your answer ... this is apparently a very difficult area to research. There are so many models. I believe there are 4312, 4312A, 4312mkII and some also refer to 4312B ... the 4312s I am looking at have the LE 5-12, LE 25-2 and 2213 H drivers ... the midrange...
  4. P

JBL 4312 vs 4312MkII

Hello fellow audio lovers I have a pair of JBL 4312 Mk II control monitors and I love them. I also have a pair 4410's. Both pairs are connected to a McIntosh 2125 amp (1 amp per pair) and they play beautifully. Perhaps th 4410s are a bit "rounder" while the 4312 mk II's are sharper and more...
  5. P

JBL 4410s Arrive Today (my 1st big JBLs)

OK, I have heard the 4410s now and compared them to my 4312 mk II and I think its a close race, but I still prefer the 4312s - more crisp, more "naked" and they do seem to go a bit deeper, but I also have to admit, that if you don't compare one set to another the 4410 is an absolutely great...
  6. P

Tensleep ... I have apair of 4312s myself and I love this speaker. Probably my all time favorite ever since I realized it's not in the cards that i will ever get the money or the room for the set of 4344s I once heard in a showroom. The 4312s are i.m.h.o. dry, unforgiving, precise and...
  7. P

What to choose I wonder if anybody has an opinion on what speakers to select. I can buy a set of JBL 4410 and JBL 4312 mk II - the price for the two sets are the same, and their cosmetic condition is similar. The 4410s have apparently been refoamed fairly recently I believe the 4312s are...
  8. P

Convert 110V to 240V

I had one of my MC2125s converted, and it was a cakewalk, as Lewinski says, it's already there, it's just a matter og making the right connection. However, with the C32 it's a different matter, since it has some weird autostart circuits (it's supposed to turn on, when you start your turntable...
  9. P

Make Those Meters Blue

Hmmm ... I changed my lamps to blue LEDs and I absolutely hate it. They are definitely blue now ... blue like this strong, modern bluetooth-blue. Almost blinding. I don't know what went wrong ... I have blue LEDs and blue filter? Perhaps. Anyway I'm looking for lamps now to replace the LEDs...
  10. P

MC2125/C32 history

That's true and I love it!
  11. P

MC2125/C32 history

OK ... right ... I don't have the means to buy a matching tuner anyway, but I see your point. :)
  12. P

Seeking C32 diagrams (Euro model 220/230V)

Hello I hope someone can help me locate a copy or a print of the electrical diagams for the version of C32 that was sold in Europe. I have no clue where to start looking, so all help will be appreciated. Yes, naturrally I'm prepared to pay for it. :) Peter
  13. P

MC2125/C32 history

Ah ... quite .... oh welll Could have been awesome
  14. P

JBL L300's sell for $5200.00 on ebay!!!!

I have asked the seller and will get back when I get an answer. Thanks for all you kind help. :)
  15. P

MC2125/C32 history

Where did you buy the new glass? It could be interesting to know, if they can supply without that extra layer of black paint. :)
  16. P

... if they are alnicos There you lost me. The other stuff I can ask about, but I am not sure about this, if I shall ask the seller.
  17. P

Great, thanks for that explanation. I can live without the glass top, and the glass/black look, since that will be covered by the front. Now I just need to now if the price is fair. So if anyone can give an estimate, I would be grateful. There are none for sale on ebay. :) Peter
  18. P

MC2125/C32 history

Yes, possibly, but the strange thing is, they prepared for lighting of the logo, and then someone decided otherwise and they painted black paint over backside of the logo. What an absolutely stupid decision. I would SO love to reverse it if anyone has aver tried it (succesfully) I would be...
  19. P

L-300 and 4333 I'm not too stong in this ... but .... is L300 basically the same as 4333? I've been offered a set of 4333 in excellent condition for a price equivalent to 2100 USD .... is that a good price or what? So far I like the look of them. I haven't heard them yet. They're supposed...
  20. P

MC2125/C32 history

Hello McFamily I had a MC 2105 and a C26 .... long time ago. I now have 2 MC2125s and a C32 and what annoys me, is that the old set LOOKED better. Somebody somewhere must have decided not to light up the logo and model number on the front of the MC2125 and C32. Why on earth is that...
  21. P

MC2125 bias adjustment

Hello My "hifi doctor" (I just listen to music) has my two MC2125s in for a service check and reading the service manual he was a bit surprised to see the guide on adjusting the bias. Turn it up, turn it down (Service manual, Schematic Notes, Point 8). He claims it's not the way to do...
  22. P

I have not spun this in 20 years. Who is it?

Is this april 1st?
  23. P

Placing speakers - my puzzle

Hmmm ... all sorts of input. At least I can smile at the thought that I brought amusement to some of you. My original question was a double ... I'd like to avoid too much bass travel. I live in an old building from 1813. I have a design studio below - they leave around 5 pm. No problem. I...
  24. P

Drail: So what you are saying is - basically - that it really doesn't do much difference whether the speakers are standing flat on the floor or somehow isolated from the floor with a damping material (or suspended in mid air with a tractor beam) - what my neighbors will hear/feel is the bass I...
  25. P

No, I havent. I also don't have a light sabre. I was merely speculating on the speed and impact of sonic bass travel in multi-level structures conceived to accomodate live humans. Thanks for your thoughtful input.
Back
Top Bottom