Search results

1. C

My basket case 1962 Executive

Frannie - good eye! That's my 61 Maggie concert grand. It'll shake the walls down. Pretty impressed with its sound quality and build. Considering it was magnavox' epitome of tube console sweetness, I am so glad to have it around. I probably will keep it and my executive forever. I traded my...
  2. C

Updates on my basket case Tried the steam iron method last night on the top of the executive and it came off really well. Some light sanding and it'll be ready for some new stain. Do any of you guys know how to remove the speaker grilles? I want to take these off, wrap them in plastic, and...
  3. C

Photos of Exec First photo shows my progress on working over with some restor-a-finish and some feed and wax. The second photo is a close up after aggressive steel wool and restore. The third shows a very close up of the way the side lacquer has started to split from the walnut veneer. The...
  4. C

I just looked in the speaker enclosure and don't see any numbers on the speakers other than w-102 m-108 and I can't see the tweeters number. I will post a few pictures of the finish so you guys can get an idea of how the lacquer has raised from the wood. I think the previous owner let her sit...
  5. C

The executive did come from south Cali! I worked it over with some restor-a-finish but I am assuming the sun did some hard to the walnut. I sanded out an area (not noticeable) and laid a small coat of dark walnut min wax on it and it seemed to blend out the really light markings. I remember...
  6. C

I Am a little confused on the approximate age of ms fisher. I noticed on the fisher consoles website that the same cabinet was also used on the executive ix model in 1964. I didn't find really any indicators of a model number on the back so I'm in the dark on thR specific age. Also, the person...
  7. C

I plan on getting some close up photos of it this weekend when I haul it outside to do some cleaning on her. I was stoked to get the Fisher Satellite surround speakers. Had never seen them before
  8. C

Executive photo
  9. C

My project basket case 1962 Executive

So I popped and finally bought this Fisher Executive carcass. The photos online were much better than when it arrived. Finish had raised a little. I'm in the process of using 0000 steel wool and Restor-a-finish to lay the finish back down properly. If it doesn't turn out well, I'll remove the...
  10. C

So I popped and finally bought this Fisher Executive carcass. The photos online were much better than when it arrived. Finish had raised a little. I'm in the process of using 0000 steel wool and Restor-a-finish to lay the finish back down properly. If it doesn't turn out well, I'll remove the...
  11. C

Fisher Console Website

Basket case 1962 Fisher Executive So I popped and finally bought this Fisher Executive carcass. The photos online were much better than when it arrived. Finish had raised a little. I'm in the process of using 0000 steel wool and Restor-a-finish to lay the finish back down properly. If it...
  12. C

So. Cali Executive Console Carcass

I saw this yesterday and have dreams of resurrection for this system. You think it would be too lofty to try and refurb to it's former glory? Also, I'm curious what you guys would offer fr something like this. Thanks in advance!
  13. C

1955 RCA 6HF1 New Orthophonic Console & Speaker

Awesome. I already own the executive. Thanks! ;)
  14. C

1955 RCA 6HF1 New Orthophonic Console & Speaker

Fisher executive console 1964 versus RCA 6HF1 This may sound ignorant on my part and I've never posted here but would there be an obvious sound quality (amp and speaker enclosures) between those two consoles? Im on the verge of bidding on the RCA new orthophonic on eBay right now. Nuts and...
Back
Top Bottom