Search results

1. centexguy99

Near Field Speakers

I am finding that a significant portion of the music I am playing is at my desk. (The speakers are on a desk hutch about 3 feet above the back of the desk) I am looking for suggestions on a pair of small speakers that excel in this sort of placement. I am currently using B&W DM-601 SII. They...
  2. centexguy99

Opinions on P-Mount Turntables...

While cleaning I found that I have a few very nice P-mount Cartridges. What do you folks consider the best P-Mount table for under $400? I'm not sure that I have ever come across one that is much better than mid-fi. My first inclination is to use an adapter and play them on a standard mount...
  3. centexguy99

Advice for starting out with Tubes & Tube Tester

I recently came across two large boxes of assorted tubes. Some new, some used, some used in new boxes... Anyway, I searched a pile of numbers and basically found out I seem to have a very large collection of $5-$8 tubes. Most seem to be dated between 1955-72. Given their age I think I need to...
  4. centexguy99

Where can I find LED replacement lamps for Kenwood KT-8300

Where can I find LED replacement lamps for a Kenwood KT-8300? Is there anything I should know about installing them? Replacing the old style lamps is getting annoying... LOL
  5. centexguy99

Best place to sell vintage pre-recorded reel to reel tapes...

I'm not sure if this is the best area to post this... (If the mods would like to move it feel free...) I recently purchased a very nice reel to reel deck. Approximately 25 pre-recorded tapes came with it. Does anyone have input as to the best venue to try to sell the tapes on? I would guess that...
  6. centexguy99

Identify this Shure Cartridge...

Does anyone know the model number of this Shure cartridge? I just came across it when moving a desk. I don't remember when or where I got it but I will need to know the model in order to get a replacement stylus. Thanks!
  7. centexguy99

Identify the Cartridge... SOLVED

Does anyone know what model cartridge this is? I believe it came off an old Pioneer table but I really don't remember.
  8. centexguy99

Best "Under $100" Integrated Amp or Receiver

I am curious what would be recommended for an inexpensive integrated amp or receiver. (It is going to an 8 year old who may not take very good care of it, thus the low budget.) She plays the violin and piano so she does know what real live music sounds like. I originally thought a NAD 7020...
  9. centexguy99

Powder coating

I have quite a few tops to various items that are scratched up. (I purchased them this way over the years...) Anyway, there is a local fellow who can powder coat them and make them look like new. Has anyone tried this? If anyone is in that industry what is a fair ballpark price to sand blast...
  10. centexguy99

Replacement for Windows Media Player ??

For quite a few years now I have used Windows Media Player to rip CD's and make mix CD's or put files on a little Sansa player that I have. It was quick and easy. Now that Media Player is gone (One of the recent Windows updates removes it) I need to find a new program to take its place. I need...
  11. centexguy99

Is anyone familiar with a Zenith 3F32 Power Amp?

I was given a Zenith 3F32 Power Amp that was a pull from a console. (It was supposed to be working fine before it was removed) Is anyone familiar with what will need to be done to use it as a stand alone amp? Also, is it worth investing in having it restored?
  12. centexguy99

Safely Cleaning Tubes

I just picked up some vintage 6DJ8 tubes to try in my tube buffer. (X10 clone) They are all quite dirty and I was wondering if there was a preferred method of cleaning them without damaging the lettering?
  13. centexguy99

Who does quality veneer work?

I am interested in getting a turntable base veneered. This is at least semi complicated. (Slightly rounded areas an multiple cut-outs) Is anyone here a semi professional wood worker that does veneering projects?
  14. centexguy99

SPL question about multiple speakers

If a pair of speakers has a maximum output of 110 db. What would the maximum output of 2 pairs of the speakers stacked be?
  15. centexguy99

Issue with purchase...

I recently purchased an amp on eBay. I waffled a bit before bidding because the shipping was so high. I checked the listing for multiple options and the only shipping offered was Priority Mail. After thinking about it for a bit I decided that 8 hours crossing the country in a plane was less...
  16. centexguy99

Tonearm in $200 range?

What would you suggest for a tonearm in the $200 range? I have an old table that has been on the project list for around 30 years now and it is time to finally work on it. Most likely it will be fitted with an old Grado Signature cartridge.
  17. centexguy99

Spica TC-50's from Yggdrasill - Great Job!!!

I purchased a pair of Spica TC-50's from Yggdrasill and am VERY pleased. If you aren't familiar with them, these are triangular speakers that are awkward to pack and ship. Thor provided quick shipping and superior packaging so that they arrived safely. He is an honest seller and an asset to our...
  18. centexguy99

Converting a turntable to 78

Back in the mid 1970's I was able to purchase a replacement pulley that when swapped onto the motor could convert 45 rpm to 78 rpm. I just came across a box of 78 records that I'm interested in listening to but of all the turntables I have here, none will play at 78. I have a decent Grado...
  19. centexguy99

Tube Buffer Kits

Does anyone have a preference for any of the Tube buffer Kits available? Is there a particular type of tube that sounds the best? Specific or general ideas would be appreciated.
  20. centexguy99

Rubber surround treatment ???

I recently found an old pair of speakers ( early 1970's?) with SEAS woofers in them. They have rubber surrounds that look whitish and dried. Many years ago a fellow told me that he occasionally put a very small amount of water based hand moisturizer on rubber surrounds and it helped them not to...
  21. centexguy99

Size of TEAC Reel Holders

I would appreciate it if someone with a TEAC Reel to Reel would measure the size of the rubber reel holders. Width, Height, & Diameter of the hole. Thanks!
  22. centexguy99

Patch Cord Suggestions...

Over the last year I've had 2 different RCA plugs on patch cords become intermittent and basically fail from old age. (Some of these might be left from the 70's or early 80's) Anyway, with all of the processors and components in the system I would probably need around 30 pieces to replace all of...
  23. centexguy99

Refoam for Fried Beta III ???

I have a pair of Fried Beta III's (the original "series" Betas) with odd 6 1/2" woofers. I have been told by 2 people who are familiar that there is something different about these woofers and they take a special surround. Are any of the speaker repair gurus here familiar with these surrounds...
  24. centexguy99

Turntable suggestions...

My grand daughter has decided that she would like a turntable. I offered her a Pioneer PL-600 or a Sony PS-X600 that I have here but she doesn't want Silver or Black. (Part of me is really annoyed because they are both decent tables and part of me is pleased that she wants one at all...) Anyway...
  25. centexguy99

Is replacement laser good?

I have read about good and bad quality replacement laser assemblies as well as good and bad sellers. I have a Yamaha CDX-910 that i am quite fond of. Unfortunately, the laser is getting very tired and it just isn't tracking like it used to. There is a replacement available at auction for around...
Back
Top Bottom