Search results

1. Mid-Fi

HTPC i5 13 OR 14 GEN WITH OPTICAL OUT?

Does an off the shelf system with HDMI 2.2 & optical out exist that will also support the most modern video/audio codecs?
  2. Mid-Fi

Nobsound EL34 Single-ended Class A tube amplifier

Thread exhumation. Did you happen to draw a schematic as you built the amp?
  3. Mid-Fi

Tweeter recommendations?

Yes, tried to do that with hot iron didn't seem to phase it. Was also by necessity working very near the coil and didn't want burn that obviously.
  4. Mid-Fi

Tweeter recommendations?

I need to order some resistors for the 6 ohm units. Anyone know how to remove the coating from the tiny coil wire to tin & solder?
  5. Mid-Fi

Tweeter recommendations?

@JRhoBurton thanks so much for the care package and awesome packaging!
  6. Mid-Fi

Tweeter recommendations?

Lesson learned
  7. Mid-Fi

Tweeter recommendations?

Prehaps...it is an option I am eyeing those as well. How do you like their performance?
  8. Mid-Fi

Tweeter recommendations?

Looks nothing like the replacement diaphragms mentioned earlier. Definitely found the failure point though.
  9. Mid-Fi

Tweeter recommendations?

I've reached out to JR to accept his offer. Thank!! Exactly what I needed. Will do. Nothing to loose!
  10. Mid-Fi

Tweeter recommendations?

Here's a soft dome Madisound says repairs my drivers but looks nothing like the triangle shape noted previously. I'll need to disassemble mine. https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/scanspeak-voice-coils/scanspeak-voice-coil-d3004/
  11. Mid-Fi

Tweeter recommendations?

Haha didn't last long enough to bother anything but the tweets. What effect do you think the 24db Xover designed for a 4 ohm driver will have on the sound driving a 6ohm driver? Very generous! None of those issues are a worry. I will contact you if I don't find a more correct solution and...
  12. Mid-Fi

Tweeter recommendations?

@StimpyWan & @Johnny_Law Thanks! I think the Vifa is discontinued and the Scan Speak repair is 6ohm. I don't know what that would do to crossover point etc.?
  13. Mid-Fi

Tweeter recommendations?

Anyone use SB Acoustics?
  14. Mid-Fi

Tweeter recommendations?

Just by the looks those are 3/4" with tiny magnets. The originals are beefy
  15. Mid-Fi

Tweeter recommendations?

No, turns out trying to turn up 17khz test tone through a 150w Threshold loud enough for my old ears to hear it is a bad idea...who knew?!
  16. Mid-Fi

Tweeter recommendations?

Edit: they are 4ohm
  17. Mid-Fi

Tweeter recommendations?

So I did a stupid thing and blew the tweets in my new to me pair of Revel F30. New factory replacements are 400 each. That's not an option given that I paid 800 for the speakers. So I'm looking for a nice tweeter that will integrate with the circuit, sound and esthetic of the F30 for 100ish...
  18. Mid-Fi

Infinity 8.1 question

You're the guy who snagged those! Good catch. LMK when you're ready to cycle them out ;)
  19. Mid-Fi

Artsy photos of your gear

:rflmao:
  20. Mid-Fi

Mono-block Madness!

I'm running the same speakers with a Threshold S300 and it's the best I've heard them. I added L Pads to the tweets on mine to tame them. Do you find yours a little top heavy?
  21. Mid-Fi

My stereo system

Yo Invite a Homie over for a listen yo
  22. Mid-Fi

Gas Fireplace Inserts

Hey Steve! Which ever way you go get a vented insert. While vent free delivers ultimate efficiency, it also delivers CO and aldehydes into the room so let's call them room vented instead. After all there is no free lunch. Vented inserts are going to deliver nothing more than heat and light...
  23. Mid-Fi

R.I.P. to jaymanaa you my friend will be missed forever

Twangfest '13 All the best to Jay's peeps. ^^ This is kinda how I remember that 'Fest
  24. Mid-Fi

Post your Youtube playlists here

You Won't Know
  25. Mid-Fi

Post your Youtube playlists here

I gave my heart but she wanted no part so I sold it an antique store.
Back
Top Bottom