Search results

1. Kasanay

Heathkit W4-AM Replacement Transformer

I have a pair of Heathkit W4-AM monoblocks and one has a defective power transformer (in the photo, the amp on the right is fitted up with the incorrect transformer). I found a Hammond (Model 274BX) that looks like it will work as a substitute and I would like some confirmation on that. Do you...
  2. Kasanay

Philharmonic Phor Sale

There’s a nice looking Philharmonic in Schaumburg Il, advertised on FB Marketplace. I think I would grab this one at the asking price but I just can’t buy any more consoles.
  3. Kasanay

Yahoogroups Shutting Down

As I understand it, Yahoo will stop allowing users to upload files very soon and will delete all the files that have been uploaded over the years on some (if not all) of the groups. I'm a member in the Bozak group and there are a tremendous number of files and countless conversations with...
  4. Kasanay

Mid-matched primary windings

I have an UL output transformer that measures 95 ohms on one side to CT and 111 on the other. The UL taps are much closer - 44.3 and 45. Is this a problem? If so, is there way to compensate? Thanks, -Joe
  5. Kasanay

So You Want to Play With BIG Tubes...

I recently bought 3 boxes of tubes from a fella' through Craigslist. When I got to the guys house and saw the tubes, I nearly turned around and left. The boxes were nasty! Many of the tube boxes had been converted into rodent ranches. There was so much mouse crap in the mix, I didn't bother...
  6. Kasanay

Help identify this strange driver

I stopped at an estate sale today and spotted this built-in. The grill was loose so I pulled it away and found this weird looking speaker behind it. I was able to get a couple of photos by reaching into the port opening. Anybody know what it is?
  7. Kasanay

1961 Statesman II is it worth it?

I have an opportunity to buy a ‘61 Statesman II (provincial). It appears to be very much intact and quite original. It has the coveted SA-100 amp and a 202-T tuner. The amp is missing it’s cage (if it ever had one). The cabinet is in pretty good condition. Not sure what I would do with another...
  8. Kasanay

Hello 1973...

So here’s something you don’t find every day: Pioneer SX-9000 receiver pair of Pioneer CS-88 speakers pair of CS-33As TEAC A-4010S reel-to-reel All in original boxes - shipped to the states from Germany courtesy of the US military 45 years ago. I just bought this pile from the original owner. I...
  9. Kasanay

‘61 Statesman Dimensions

Wondering if someone could tell me the overall physical dimensions of a 61 Statesman? I may have a opportunity to pick one up and want to know if I have to rent a van. Thanks, Joe Y
  10. Kasanay

18 Inch Magnavox Speaker?

Hey guys, I was talking to fellow that says his 1959 Maggie has a pair of 18” drivers in it. I have seen plenty of units with 15” but never 18”. Anyone here know of a Magnavox console with 18? Thanks, Joe Y
  11. Kasanay

1964 The Fisher Regent - to Buy or Not?

I have an opportunity to buy a nice looking Regency, but before I do, I'd like to get some opinions. From what I have read, this unit has a 400-CX-2 preamp, a R-200 tuner, and a TA-900 solid state power amp. It also has the Miracord 10 TT and a Ampex 1250 R2R. It looks like the tuner and the...
  12. Kasanay

500C for Sale

FYI: There's a 500C listed on DC Craigslist for $525. The owner says he has two of them. I've got nothing to do with it and am not currently in the market.
  13. Kasanay

Glass Audio Back Issues??

Anyone know if back issues of Glass Audio are available on CD or on line? Thanks,
  14. Kasanay

Center Tap Filament Transformer

Hey guys, Can any of you tell what kind of trouble I would in if I were to replace a center tapped filament transformer with a non-tapped transformer? I'm not actually replacing anything, I am building an amp were the schematic calls for a CT to ground but the tranny I have on hand has no CT...
  15. Kasanay

Looking For Info - 6AU6 Output Tube

A while back, I was looking for information on building a amp with 6AU6's as the output tubes. A found several examples including a site that featured several dozen different schematics and information - all using the 6AU6 as the Output or Power tube. The problem is - I did not bookmark the site...
  16. Kasanay

Odd Output Transformer Needed

I got a crazy idea to build this little headphone amplifier from a 1960 something magazine article that I stumbled upon (attached). Problem is, I have now rounded up nearly all the parts except the elusive output transformers! The article says I could use a Triad S-13 X. There is nothing special...
  17. Kasanay

Looking for Transformers

I got a crazy idea to build this little headphone amplifier from a 1960 something magazine article that I stumbled upon. Problem is, I have rounded up. nearly all the parts except the elusive output Transformers! The article says I could use a triad S 13 X. I have found a few equivalents by...
  18. Kasanay

Crown "3M Series" IRAE Corp Reel to Reel

A friend of mine came across this unit and is looking for a schematic or any other information on it. The model number stamped on it (in several locations) is: 42-635. I have found a crude schematic of a similar model (42-601) and it my be all that is needed, but any additional info would be...
  19. Kasanay

My First Mac

I just scored my 1st McIntosh gear. Not sure what to do what I want to do with them.
  20. Kasanay

Odd Transformer Brand

Anybody know anything about: Sterling Transformer Corp.? I picked up a multi-tapped plate and filament transformer at a local ham-feast for 5 bucks. Most of the markings or have been rubbed off but enough remain to make out the manufacture and most of the voltages. I have not been able to fine...
  21. Kasanay

What am I'm Looking At?

Say, Can anyone tell me what this is? Resistor? Capacitor? Coil? Inductor? What about the color code? Thanks,
  22. Kasanay

First Power-up in 55 Years - Need Advice

I am making arrangements to acquire a pair of OTL amplifiers that were build in the early '60s. I should have my hands on them within a couple of weeks. These amps have been sitting on a shelf sense (at least) 1986 and maybe much longer than that. In fact, there is a possibility that these have...
  23. Kasanay

Individual Bias Pots on a 440A???

Anybody know if it is possible (and worth the effort) to swap the single bias pot for four individual pots on a console amp like the 440A? I have such an amp running as a stand-alone and I think having the ability to adjust the tube bias individual would be a nice feature. I know this topic has...
  24. Kasanay

Dep. Carbon Resistors

All the Fisher manuals list "Dep. Carbon Resistors". What are these?
  25. Kasanay

Measuring Speaker Resistance - help please

Hey, this may be a dumb question but: I have a set of Bozak speakers. The boxes containg woofers, midranges, tweeters, supertweeter and crossovers networks. When I put a meter on the connector I'm reading 20 ohms. Is this normal?
Back
Top Bottom