Search results

1. Bob Clobber

Onkyo TX-8020

.. and the tuner is pretty good too!
  2. Bob Clobber

Onkyo TX-8020

I have the TX-8050 powering my Missions while I wait for my NAD 2200 amp to be repaired. It performs quite nicely, but I think I will be going back to the NAD. More watts is always better if you have the choice. Usually speakers being blown is caused by pushing them too hard with an underpowered...
  3. Bob Clobber

110v preamp plugged into 220v circuit-smoked!

Yes, I think it's a goner. Way beyond my skills to even get started fixing this.
  4. Bob Clobber

Well looky here! This looks like a handy feature.
  5. Bob Clobber

It's a Pioneer C-90. From what I've read, not very reliable and hard to work on. It did sound pretty sweet when I briefly had it working.
  6. Bob Clobber

This is the bottom of the circuit board that i can see by removing the bottom cover. I can't see the top without what would probably be destructive disassembly. If the bottom of the board is burnt, the other side can't be good!
  7. Bob Clobber

I was going to swap out my preamp to replace some capacitors. I had a nice Pioneer Elite preamp to sit in for my NAD, but had a serious brain fart. The NAD 1240/2200 combo was acquired from a friend from South Africa. It runs off a step up transformer, but has two prong plugs. As soon as I...
  8. Bob Clobber

Sunrise Records

Here's something you don't see everyday, a record chain with big expansion plans: Sunrise Records bets on HMV music stores, takes over 70 locations http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/hmv-sunrise-records-takeover-malls-1.3998420 Shared via the CBC News Android App
  9. Bob Clobber

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Sony BDP-S380 Blu Ray player for $5. Swapped out an ailing NAD cd player and it sounds good. The main reason for getting it is a cheap gateway to SACD playback. I've got Eric Clapton's Slowhand on the way from Amazon, been curious about this format.
  10. Bob Clobber

Mission 737R's

Yup. Looking at the literature, this was the last version of the 770, one step up from the 737 at the time, with slightly better bass extension. The "S" stands for "Super" ;)
  11. Bob Clobber

Mission 737R's

These look very similar to the Mission 770s, but with clear woofers. If they sound anything like them, you got a smoking deal.
  12. Bob Clobber

R.I.P. George Grand aka Toasted Almond

LOL, just remembered going to the post office and mailing George a money order. Once you were a repeat buyer, he would ship and trust that payment was on the way.
  13. Bob Clobber

R.I.P. George Grand aka Toasted Almond

Wow. I'm sitting here listening to Prince and getting all mopey. This is news that I didn't want to hear. I remember a couple of great email exchanges with him over shipping to Canada. Picking stuff out of his great lists was a lot of fun, especially knowing that he was raising money for...
  14. Bob Clobber

Audiophile-related songs

My baby only likes CDs....
  15. Bob Clobber

show Me Your AKAI!

Love my 940!
  16. Bob Clobber

My Tidal Wishlist

Good suggestion, I just cut and pasted this post into one of their feedback forms.
  17. Bob Clobber

My Tidal Wishlist

Since the demise of Rdio, I've been checking out Tidal and Google Music. In spite of its limited interface compared to Rdio, Tidal is starting to win me over with its sound quality. Google has a more extensive library, but man, that site is busy and cluttered! Here are a few things Tidal could...
  18. Bob Clobber

Paradigm Performance Series Find- Questions

I just measured the height of my Titans - about 13". The Phantom name has been used for big bookshelves and towers over the years, and possibly for the entire package you have. Looks like you have a very nice HT system that would perform well without a subwoofer.
  19. Bob Clobber

Speaker Recommendations for a 5050

I have a 5050 with some smaller Energy bookshelves in my office at work, a much smaller room. It sounds very nice at background listening levels, and even when I crank them up a bit (sound good level). I'm not familiar with the speakers you're considering, but you'll need something efficient...
  20. Bob Clobber

Recommendations for software to "Digitize" vinyl

Is anybody else using Goldwave? I like it.
  21. Bob Clobber

RDIO - Moving/Exporting Your Collection To Brand X

Update: I was able to export from Rdio and Soundiiz did its job in half an hour or so. My collection was imported as a single playlist, but at least it's' there.
  22. Bob Clobber

AKG Quincy Jones on sale

Yup, that's a good price. The OP's link had a higher price.
  23. Bob Clobber

AKG Quincy Jones on sale

Great headphones, but the link you posted is not a great deal. I think Amazon is discounting from an MSRP that nobody ever paid. I googled and found them for almost half that price on ... Amazon. Weird. I have the Q701's and K7XX. I like the K7XX more, but it's a very close call.
  24. Bob Clobber

Earbud Recommendation Needed

I have these, easily found in you price range: KlipschX7i They're a close second to the more expensive HifiMan RE-600's that I use for my Fiio X3 digital audio player.
  25. Bob Clobber

After RDIO, where to next for you?

Playing around with Google, I downloaded Music Manager. I am in the process of uploading 20,000 tracks from my hard drive. Google says they will match songs on their server with mine to avoid uploading duplicates. Should be interesting, as many of my tracks are vinyl rips. Many are not available...
Back
Top Bottom