Search results

1. T

Zilch's AK Design Collaborative - Econowave Speaker

Tks Not quite the amazing deal that it used to be but it's still great.
  2. T

Anyone still have a line on the PCB's for the standard? All I've found are MGB's Delite 10 PCB's.
  3. T

Hi folks, is this still the recommended parts-list for the Econowave Standard? Everything except for L2 is still available at Parts Express! But a near-identical spec L2 has been added in red text below, with the original crossed out in black. All parts & links from this list are posted...
  4. T

Smaller version of Bose 301 for "sound everywhere"?

None of the above are available in my Craigslist but I'll keep monitoring it. Thanks for the suggestions!
  5. T

Smaller version of Bose 301 for "sound everywhere"?

I've got a very small room that I use for working out (weights, cardio, stretching). I'm constantly moving around an area that's 7' x 7' (my exercise mat). The room is probably only 9' wide x 11' deep? I really like the Bose 301 in my larger room. It sounds decent no matter where I'm standing...
  6. T

I'm limited to just 24" height. 24" width & depth is available but the height is the real issue. And the speakers have to be ceiling mounted. So, I'd flip them to where the horn is closer to the ground.
  7. T

Physically too large for the room needing sound.
  8. T

Ughh, nevermind - they won't fit. I just double-checked. I really want them though. Always wanted some Polk SDA's :) The biggest one though. Not this particular model.
  9. T

Would Polk Monitor 12 for $100 work well as an Econowave? https://polksda.com/monitor12.shtml
  10. T

Very helpful, thank you!
  11. T

Hahah, thank you. Dallas is about 3.5 hours from me. Austin is good, and I wishhhh I had the $800 for those JBL!!!
  12. T

The only one I have is my Econowave Deluxe and I'm not scrapping it :)
  13. T

Anyone have the standard econowave kit parts for sale? Or can you recommend the cheapest possible waveguide project for my garage speakers? Wanting to stay "bookshelf" size with forward-facing vent. Wanting to stay under $250 for the pair, including wood/drivers/crossovers. I'm more...
  14. T

QSC waveguides just popped up on my ebay watchlist. It looks like a single but it's a pair (I think). This would be for the Econowave Deluxe and maybe some others...
  15. T

Last nights Ray Donovan episode.

For some reason my video cut linked below doesn't include the audio. Maybe because my free MS video editing software can't decrypt the dolby digital track. Anyhow, here's the equipment the guy in the video says he has and a video cut of the episode: Absis 1.0 tonearm Sumiko Amethyst cartridge...
  16. T

Tks. I went ahead and adjusted mic on-axis at exactly the middle between center of the horn and center of the woofer. And moved the mic back to 44" from face of the enclosure and measured gate. The red line is before and the green is after reversing polarity. Red looks better to me!
  17. T

Thanks! The cabinet is actually two separate cabinets. The lower half with the woofer is 30" inch tall internally. While the upper half with the waveguide is 9.5" external and stuff heavily with fiberglass. Upper & lower are separated by stiffened 3/4" OSB and airtight. I'll consider putting an...
  18. T

Thanks, Earl. I'm testing on-axis with the horn center, at 1M. With that info, would you still recommend flipping the polarity? I can try that in a few days. See pic below for how I'm testing. Please excuse my living room DIY remodel and lack of flooring, etc.
  19. T

Any suggestions on what the hump at 450hz and the dip at 650hz might be caused by? It's on both L & R speakers.
  20. T

Wow, what a difference a calibrated UMIK-1 mic is vs. an old Radio Shack digital SPL meter! Full range and bass response screen grabs below. All from 1M, on-axis with the CD as recommended by @donprice and Gating as recommended by @Mazza. Var Smoothing on all three graphs. Gated Full Range...
  21. T

Interesting. The Econowave Deluxe and JBL M2 share some design goals I suppose. ------------ Over 80% of Blu-ray / UHD Blu-ray mixes, and roughly half of all high-end music recordings are mastered on JBL Synthesis systems. In fact, Speakers like the JBL M2 Reference Monitor are utilized in...
  22. T

Thanks, folks. I'll Google up some speaker measuring faqs before proceeding in a couple days. Holy crap, this CD has been in my possession since the 90's and has never sounded so good before. At one point I was close to nodding off and suddenly jumped up in my seat because it sounded like Bobby...
  23. T

Pics of the build. I re-used an old speaker enclosure I built a few years ago. Before adding a whole new front baffle, to fit the large horn and smaller woofer (went from 16" to 12").
  24. T

Swapping my Econowave Deluxe LP1 and LP3 leads seems to have fixed more than just the L-Pad reversed issue that I messed up. The xover looked fine, so unless my previous diagram was wrong, then it's all good now. I did some quick testing with my old radio shack digital SPL meter and REW. I get...
Back
Top Bottom